Quantcast

Dirt jumping in Reno

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
hacksaw said:
I am not very good at building Dirt Jumps but I am willing to throw a shovel or 10 (billion) full of dirt to erect some good ole'fashioned DJ to shed the gnar gnar on.
That's the way........get somebody else to shape the things then you're absolved if they get hurt on them!!!

Thanks. I just learned something else from you. :p

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
"The things I learned from Hacksaw..." Sounds like a good self help book. We'll put it right next to "Shooting with Hunter S. Thompson" book coming soon.

I talked to the City again today, and they should have some sort of a clue come Monday morning. If its city owned, its kinda sketchy. If its private, then it gets interesting but not impossible. If its "Free land" then we might be in business. I talked to the dirt guy too, and they'll give us as much as we can hold. Gotta love a town that's not a swamp and that has some active construction going.

If you want to look at it, the spot I have in mind is at the end of Barnes Blvd. Its about 45 or so yards long, maybe 25 to 35 wide. I am envisioning a double coming down, a big berm, a step up going up the hill, another berm, and then a gap to street exit. I suspect to keep the local blue hairs in line things are going to have to be less then 5' tall, and we're going to have to keep the crowds super small, but its better then a kick in the nuts.

Not the world's biggest spot, but a good in town session spot.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Ian be careful with the city they can be a real road block .Sometimes I build good lips to jump Woo .Even when my whiskey bottle is empty ,I must have been listenig to Johnny Cash building that step with the concrete lip ,I just loop "I shot a man in Reno, Just to watch him die"Windy as hell today Howie and Cam Zink were out today I am stuck in Reno sick with a sinus infection.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
hacksaw said:
Ian be careful with the city they can be a real road block .Sometimes I build good lips to jump Woo .Even when my whiskey bottle is empty ,I must have been listenig to Johnny Cash building that step with the concrete lip ,I just loop "I shot a man in Reno, Just to watch him die"Windy as hell today Howie and Cam Zink were out today I am stuck in Reno sick with a sinus infection.
Sh!t man. You should have rolled to chico with me. I just got back. After this week the trail is no more.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Checked it out, the city can't do ****, private ownership. The guy bought the land in '65 as a way to claim NV residence. I think we're good to go.

Things are in the air again for me, school is trying to force me to move back to Houston. I am resisting this plan, haven't gotten enough ammo together to go back just yet.

Beer meeting some time this week for the interested members?

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Tattooo said:
Checked it out, the city can't do ****, private ownership. The guy bought the land in '65 as a way to claim NV residence. I think we're good to go.

Things are in the air again for me, school is trying to force me to move back to Houston. I am resisting this plan, haven't gotten enough ammo together to go back just yet.

I'm in Capt' time and place maybe at Sandy's I heard there is some ok stuff to ride there...

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Tattooo said:

Beer meeting ?????? when we on bitches??????????? The Saw is ready.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
kid and hack...sorry for jumping on your case. kid you had a great well thought-out post back there (not gonna quote it cuz it's long) and you did a great job of making me feel like an ass, thanks ;)

anyway as far as the locale goes, I've always had a strange fascination with Reno and since it has a similar climate to SLC figured I could relate to the whole desert deal. I also spend about half my time in Fresno so I drive thru Reno time-to-time.

speaking of desert DJ's; just went to the local spot and it was hurtin! still rideable but the lips are just beat-down and long and low. plus the dust is so bad it kills your speed. kinda lame but still good to be able to ride them. anyway keep it up and sorry for the flame...

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Summit said:
kid and hack...sorry for jumping on your case. kid you had a great well thought-out post back there (not gonna quote it cuz it's long) and you did a great job of making me feel like an ass, thanks ;)

anyway as far as the locale goes, I've always had a strange fascination with Reno and since it has a similar climate to SLC figured I could relate to the whole desert deal. I also spend about half my time in Fresno so I drive thru Reno time-to-time.

speaking of desert DJ's; just went to the local spot and it was hurtin! still rideable but the lips are just beat-down and long and low. plus the dust is so bad it kills your speed. kinda lame but still good to be able to ride them. anyway keep it up and sorry for the flame...
I didn't realize you were jumping on my case its no skin off my back ,I have a great solution to jumps shrinking its called concrete ask Kid he is all butt hurt cause I fixed an ongoing lip problem now its becoming a sk8park

P.S this will get a rise out of Kid Woo LOLOLOLOLOL

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
That concrete sh*t is a'ight as long as you like doing mondo barhumpers and landing flatbottom. Which I personally don't mind at all mind you. I think I rode Sandys the other day.....Saw is that what it is called? I thought it was just called The Valley. Anyway if you go out there it is sick! Beware though the Dj section likes to eat derailleurs and do make the pulleys appear in wierd places.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Summit said:
concrete...oww.
kid, see you in Virgin in a couple weeks eh? me=brown AS-X w/ Shiver, hippy long hair (but definitely not a hippy).
I'm still on the fence about zion. It looks like I'd be driving by myself which presents some problems......sleep.......injury etc........ I need to decide soon though

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
ride said:
That concrete sh*t is a'ight as long as you like doing mondo barhumpers and landing flatbottom. Which I personally don't mind at all mind you. I think I rode Sandys the other day.....Saw is that what it is called? I thought it was just called The Valley. Anyway if you go out there it is sick! Beware though the Dj section likes to eat derailleurs and do make the pulleys appear in wierd places.
Dude you aped that **** ,*A NOTE TO EVERYONE* Lars frickin' rules it was good times out there Spanker and Jess were killing it and what about STEPHINE she is going to kill it out there at Mammoth in the Pro Womeens MTX dude I wish I was as good as all you and your magical pulley wheel trick that is amazing.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
kidwoo said:
The concrete lip rules.

The hard part is going to be resisting the temptation to do everything else.
Kid I am thinking of certian Jumps that are gonna get "creted" let me know what you are thinking . (it is alot better huh?)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
hacksaw said:
Kid I am thinking of certian Jumps that are gonna get "creted" let me know what you are thinking . (it is alot better huh?)
I'm sure whatever you've got in mind on the track is good. I just don't want to mess with the big line because once it's done, you can't throw dirt on it anymore. The stuff we've got going on with the sides with extra hips and crossovers will be evolving for a while I think.

It's good to be able to change things. The one you already did needed it the most........ no more moto roosts.

rbn14

Chimp
Aug 5, 2005
RNO
I havent check this thread in a while and **** it blew up, myself and a friend or two are defianatly in to help, just let me know.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Sorry I went MIA for a bit, got word that I could back road it into Orleans Parish to get my gear, so the wife and I and a few trusty pieces of steel went down for the last 72 hours. Ever seen the end of "Resident Evil?" Streets of New Orleans felt like that, just waiting for the frikkin zombies to come out.

Anyhow, now that I am back, let's get this party started. How's about Sunday night drinks to discuss this project? Someone name a time and place. I might have grown up here, but a local I am no more.

P.S. Anyone want to show an out of towner a place to try to hurt himself good and proper?

crapacity

Chimp
Jul 20, 2005
Hey Tatoo, I was just about to post something bout riding Geiger Grade this weekend. PM me if you are interested.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
My big squishy bike is part of what met its maker in New Orleans, so Geiger is kinda out for the time being until I get some insurance money.

Anyone interested in meeting Sunday to work out some DJ issues? PM me a number, I'll give you a call.

By the way, never go to Tulane Med School. Bunch of worthless dildos.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Well in about two hours I'll be praying to the draft pint gods that we get one last weekend of weather nice enough that they don't close the lifts at the Star. I don't care what the weather actually is (rain, snow, whatever), I just want at least Saturday to ride.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Anyone jumping in Reno this week? I think I am going to do XC one day, jump the next, need to get my fat ass back in shape.

Any takers want to show me where to go? Been awhile since I've been around.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Not sure. Was debating cow canyon/verdi-mogul loop, but if you can think of somewhere to do some jumping, I might be in after the race.

crapacity

Chimp
Jul 20, 2005
I am up for any kind of riding, I've never done verdi-mogul. What sort of riding is it? Do you of know any DJs in town? PM me, or give me a call.

crapacity

Chimp
Jul 20, 2005
Is one day more popular than another? It seems I am riding alone every time I 'm there. Any day this week should be good... let me know