Quantcast

eurobike 2017

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I've gotten so many free and almost free tires over the last two years, I'm thinking about switching to 24"
I took a dozen 26" tires - many brand new and good brands (Specialized, Maxxis) - to the dump last weekend. They've been in my basement for 5+ years.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I took a dozen 26" tires - many brand new and good brands (Specialized, Maxxis) - to the dump last weekend. They've been in my basement for 5+ years.
Thank you bike industry for the 1s faster per minute.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Seriously though, wtf. No local kid wanted to take those off your hands for free? Where do you live? Beverly Hills?

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
non e.jpg
when is an e bike not an ebike?

When you make it look like an ebike hardtail.......to hide and store heat from the shock? Not sure, actualy

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Seriously though, wtf. No local kid wanted to take those off your hands for free? Where do you live? Beverly Hills?
I know, I felt like crap for doing it. Asked shops and local riders - no takers. It was tougher because many were DH tires, which the 26" crowd around here has no use for. And, to be fair, they were pretty crusty, having sat in basements for 5+ years.

Also, I put them in the freebie pile at the dump, so maybe someone grabbed them?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Not as dumb as vibration damping stickers, but close.
This would not be that dumb... if it was 2003. I actually used to run a PC radiator on my DNM shock and it has worked. - before it my Czech DHR knock off turned into a hardtail on long descents. After it worked ok. But it's not 2003, frames no longer have over 9000:1 leverage ratio and no one serious buys dnm shocks anymore.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Color scheme aside, something's off when Bionicon makes one of the most normal looking bikes at the show

Do Kellys bikes exist outside of trade shows? I've never seen one in the wild, but unlike Astro they don't seem to be made solely to showcase manufacturing capabilities to other brands.

They call it the Trailbanger

The black/grey color scheme comes across as a little bland in pictures but is really nice in person

So i've been having some urges about this 29er and don't know how to deal with these emotions. Does Kidwoo offer any summer camps where he can beat the ghey out of me with a 26" Float?

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Maybe it's me and my "selective" coverage of what's new in the MTB world, but this whole e bike thing and the typical industry reaction is like:
Because Press Fit BB was so successful.

Best part of Eurobike this year....leaving...just kidding..test driving rental cars
220.jpg

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Not really new, but it was on display - 166mm travel steel frame from Portus. Try to look past the fork paintjob and golden parts.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
that's actually fugly as hell. who thinks tires like that look any good!?
I don't understand the whole skinwall fad either, it looks good on retro road bikes, it looks like the dumbest shit ever on a mountain bike. It's like putting whitewalls on a modern sports car, it looks dumb.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I don't understand the whole skinwall fad either, it looks good on retro road bikes, it looks like the dumbest shit ever on a mountain bike. It's like putting whitewalls on a modern sports car, it looks dumb.
It's not about looking good. It's about one more thing we can sell people with a minor adjustment to the process