Quantcast

Explosion in London

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Has anyone been to the gas station this afternoon? Locally, reg unleaded jumped from $2.04 to $2.20 in the span of four hours....

:dead:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
N8 said:
Has anyone been to the gas station this afternoon? Locally, reg unleaded jumped from $2.04 to $2.20 in the span of four hours....

I filled up yesterday. it was $2.49......

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
it's $2.37 here at Snowshoe. quite ridiculous if you ask me,but i've been used to paying $1.75 or less where i lived before.

this should make for a GOOD 10 more pages of this thread:

Bush REALLY does suck,and he REALLY does a sh!tty job of running this country and is currently well into the way of ruining the entire world! Thanks Bush!

can't wait to hear what he...wait....what they WANT him to say about this entire deal in jolly ol' Eng-a-land.

it's my opinion and it's better than yours.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
jdschall said:
Not to start a fight, but if these nut jobs had better living conditions, 3 squares a day, air conditioning, cable and a lawyer in the first place they wouldn't be running around blowing themselves and other up! There is nothing wrong with liberals wanting better for those less fortunate than us! It is unfortunate that it has to be after the fact... If we spent as much on helping others as we do on this damn war the world would be a hell of a lot better off!!!
True.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it.
:stupid:
This is the most intelligent thing said in this thread so far.

The situation in the middle east is extremely complicated. I haven't studied it enough to offer a valid opinion to this thread. (Of course that hasn't stopped anyone else)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
:stupid:
This is the most intelligent thing said in this thread so far.
I didn't come up with that one, but I don't know to whom I should attribute it.

The situation in the middle east is extremely complicated. I haven't studied it enough to offer a valid opinion to this thread. (Of course that hasn't stopped anyone else)
Hehehehehehe. If it's opinion, then anything's "valid"..... :D

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
SkaredShtles said:
I didn't come up with that one, but I don't know to whom I should attribute it.

Hehehehehehe. If it's opinion, then anything's "valid"..... :D

and Google sez:
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." ~ George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1906

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
We must remember that the actions of our governments are inflicting this type of carnage on the inhabitants of two other countries on a daily basis, and have been since 2001.

You see how much this has affected us. Imagine how you would feel if your family and your life was based in Iraq, where a foreign power has caused bombs that kill these numbers of people on a regular basis.

War creates war. This situation has been greatly enflamed by the actions of our leaders.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Changleen said:
We must remember that the actions of our governments are inflicting this type of carnage on the inhabitants of two other countries on a daily basis, and have been since 2001.

You see how much this has affected us. Imagine how you would feel if your family and your life was based in Iraq, where a foreign power has caused bombs that kill these numbers of people on a regular basis.

War creates war. This situation has been greatly enflamed by the actions of our leaders.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
N8 said:

That's interesting. No price jump here in MA and I heard on NPR that the price of oil dropped $4/brl after the attacks.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
dan-o said:
That's interesting. No price jump here in MA and I heard on NPR that the price of oil dropped $4/brl after the attacks.

Yeah... I heard that as well.... Maybe some f'n state TAX just went into effect here....

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Very interesting....people were killed in London today and all you guys are talking about is the gas-prices......yeah...guess your pick-up trucks are kind of important to you !?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Good God, what makes you think we have? :rolleyes:

On my drive across the country I saw numerous vehicles and billboards proclaming that I would burn in the fires of Hell if I didn't accept Jesus as my savior.

Hell - you live in TN. Do you mean to tell me that your neck of the woods has become "enlightened" WRT religion?

I think you can thank the current state of American right-wing fundamentalism on the liberal fundamentalists.
I didnt say there is no religious fundamentalism, i said, there is no room for it in our society....yet it is very prevalent (especially in TN) & it will probably be the downfall of our civilization. That is my point.

There is a staggering number of religious zealots here in the South, hence the term bible belt. These brain dead morons are no different than Al-Qaeda or the Taliban, if you ask me. The similarities between the conservative-christian-right & islamic-fundamentalist-jihadists is very scary.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
gas prices have been going up due to the TS that just blew through the Gulf of Mexico & another one is coming.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
seismic said:
Very interesting....people were killed in London today and all you guys are talking about is the gas-prices......yeah...guess your pick-up trucks are kind of important to you !?
Um, commenting on economic changes related to the bombings isn't that much of a stretch. I'm sure www.bling-bling.com's forums are full of comments about the gold price fluctuations that occured today.

Hell, I was at the Koln IFMA bike show the day after 9/11 and people were bitching about the price of innertubes. Life goes on.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
TN said:
I didnt say there is no religious fundamentalism, i said, there is no room for it in our society....yet it is very prevalent (especially in TN) & it will probably be the downfall of our civilization. That is my point.

There is a staggering number of religious zealots here in the South, hence the term bible belt. These brain dead morons are no different than Al-Qaeda or the Taliban, if you ask me. The similarities between the conservative-christian-right & islamic-fundamentalist-jihadists is very scary.

Bible thumpers are just as brain dead as liberals whacko in my opinion.... they just occupy oppsite ends of the loony bin. I dislike both equally.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
37 people dead. For what I ask. NOTHING.

If N8 (and other die hard supporter)could take thier blinders off for just long enough to see that the people he supports are the same ones screwing up his future, and the future of his young ones.

Look at who you are supporting and what they are doing. Are you willing to let your kids go off and die for nothing?

Please don't dance around by calling me a hippie or something else dumb. I want to know what your honest opinion is.

E

enkidu

Westy said:
Mike D has some very insightful and well researched posts in PD forum on this topic. There is a good chance if we conceeded certain things (walked away with our tails between our legs, ie Spain) a large percentage of terrorist groups would probably leave us alone, but certain extreme extremeist would stay their course. It would cause certain policy changes that would probably have little affect on National security/stability but would take a giant hit to American Pride. So do we bite the bullet and retreat or enter into a long expensive war of attrition? So far public opinion is to fight and my guess it will remain that way.

I'm trying to find MikeD's posts you mentioned above, but boy he has A LOT of postings! Might take days for me to wade through.

E

enkidu

DRB said:
Scheuer's biggest problem his is inability to realize that there are two sides to this. He completely fails to address the other side which is a huge flaw in his book.

What are the issues on "the other side", which are not addressed sufficiently by Scheuer?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
N8 said:
Bible thumpers are just as brain dead as liberals whacko in my opinion.... they just occupy oppsite ends of the loony bin. I dislike both equally.
wow....i think i might agree with you...but i dislike the religious zealots a lot more than the liberal whack-o's. maybe it's because I grew up an atheist in rural Mississippi. :nuts:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
chicodude01 said:

If N8 (and other die hard supporter)could take thier blinders off for just long enough to see that the people he supports are the same ones screwing up his future, and the future of his young ones.

Look at who you are supporting and what they are doing. Are you willing to let your kids go off and die for nothing?

Please don't dance around by calling me a hippie or something else dumb. I want to know what your honest opinion is.
Ditto.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
N8 said:
You are deluded. You have far more in common with the bible-thumpers than any of us. Both of you have the utter inability to look critically at your leadership and view anything that is done in it's name as anything other than good.

What part of 'Bombing Muslim countries and killing hudreds of thousands of innocents for no good reason will make Muslims angry with you" do you not understand?

J

JRB

chicodude01 said:

You should point this out to the people that killed 37 people and not ridemonkey folks. It's sad that this crap is going on, but it's not the government causing it. Just like one of my ladies at work. As soon as one thing is resolved, she searches something else to bitch about. Extremist are just, well......just that. They will always find a cause. This time they just found some kids in CA to support their actions. You may not think you do, but completely doubting folks running a country that most of us know little about helps their justifications.

*out before this drags me to the political forum.

J

JRB

Changleen said:
You are deluded. You have far more in common with the bible-thumpers than any of us. Both of you have the utter inability to look critically at your leadership and view anything that is done in it's name as anything other than good.

What part of 'Bombing Muslim countries and killing hudreds of thousands of innocents for no good reason will make Muslims angry with you" do you not understand?
Uhm - when did the US and Britain kill hundreds of thousands of Muslims??? Did I miss the Monday meeting again???

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
loco said:
You should point this out to the people that killed 37 people and not ridemonkey folks. It's sad that this crap is going on, but it's not the government causing it. Just like one of my ladies at work. As soon as one thing is resolved, she searches something else to bitch about. Extremist are just, well......just that. They will always find a cause. This time they just found some kids in CA to support their actions. You may not think you do, but completely doubting folks running a country that most of us know little about helps their justifications.

*out before this drags me to the political forum.

So wait, This is MY fault now? Because I question the reason why the president put so many in harms way with his actions?

J

JRB

chicodude01 said:
So wait, This is MY fault now? Because I question the reason why the president put so many in harms way with his actions?
Not what I said. I said that doubt helps fuel their fires.

J

JRB

Changleen said:
Apparantly. And the last few weeks as well.
Really??? I had no idea that we killed hundreds of thousands of anyones in recent history. I should watch the news.