Quantcast

Fall Monkeyfest

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Dates October 5, 6, 7 (8?)
It's Columbus Day Weekend so we could potentially get the lodge for Sunday night as well if enough monkeys have Monday off.

Where: Kingdom Trails, East Burke, VT (Algonquin Lodge)

Cost: Should be about $50 per person (less if more people sign-up)
Includes: Lodging, snacks, dinner 1 night and 2 breakfasts.

Note: Please confirm your spot sooner rather than later!!! Once you are on the list, you will be expected to pay for your space in the event that you aren't able to come (and can not fill the space).
So,
Who's in??? How long can you stay???

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'm out too, sorry.

BTW, next year, we need a Monkey gathering here: Back Country Excursions

I talked to Cliff about it over this past weekend while I was there (ride report coming soon), he'd be happy to have us and can work with us on a package deal for the weekend with a decent sized group.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I'm out too, sorry.

BTW, next year, we need a Monkey gathering here: Back Country Excursions

I talked to Cliff about it over this past weekend while I was there (ride report coming soon), he'd be happy to have us and can work with us on a package deal for the weekend with a decent sized group.
"Trails- 18 miles of 'em!"

hello? ok that will take maybe 3 hours, and then what?

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Its the weekend *after* my birthday...

I came *this* close to going last year, but had to do a show instead. If I do go, I would like to find other monkeys to ride with or split my ride / keep me awake.

Y'all haven't seen the new bikey...

Marc

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
That will be the first weekend after I get back from Bend. Assuming I come back from Bend. Might be a little too soon to head out of town again.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.

How about some swimming or river tubing, playing on the features on the expressway trails, campfire, hot tub, hanging out drinking beer, ride the trails in a different loop or direction. Sure, he may not have the mileage that KT does, but a weekend at Cliff's is just as much fun as I've had at the KT Monkey gatherings.

Robyn and I are a maybe. We may have a family commitment that weekend. If we do go Robyn may only ride one day and spend the other days visiting a friend. I'm thinking I would like to stay in the lodge with you guys this time (although the hot tub at the Inn was very nice). We should know next week.
the inn is booked. it's foliage season you know ;)

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five

Not if it is like Spier Falls, then we'll be looking at a full day of riding with the possibility of it becoming a night ride when we get lost and have to make a detour for water.

Sadly I won't be able to make it. Gonna be backpacking through Glacier National Park or rock climbing in Utah at that point, preferably bagging some peaks before the winter snow hits.

The Ito

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
it looks like I am able to make this one!!!!!! and I will also bring a non monkey friend..looking forward to it

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
So what is it? October 5,6,7,8 or 12,13,14?

It looks like the 12-14 will be better for us as well.

We are thinking of going up this weekend, the weekend of the 29th and maybe a day trip Columbus day weekend if anyone is interested.
damn...you are definitely going to get your moneys worth out of a season pass!!

ps: I'll be at the campground this w/e

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
This sounds like fun..... Do you guys always do the MonkeyFest up at Kingdom Trails? I'd love to meet up with you all, but it's over a 7hr drive for me. I'm not sure I'm up for it these days.