Quantcast

Fall Monkeyfest

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
if there's anything that we can do to facilitate this happening, let us know, treesaw. seriously, i can take care of something or other (food run, beer run, cooking, ect) if need be to allow you to work out the whole "place-to-stay" thing.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Ok -- we have 2 lodging options to choose from so far:

1) Stay at condo at Burke Mountain (very close--within biking distance to trails) with food still included for $100 per person

OR

2) Stay in a house on Island Pond (about a 20-25 minute drive northeast of Burke) for the same price as the Lodge.

I haven't looked in to camping as of yet as there is a chance of rain both Saturday & Sunday and lows around 40. I can do that too.

Thoughts....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I vote for condo. How many does it sleep though? The lodge has lots of bunk beds. Are we all going to fit in a condo?

Edit: Saving $15 isn't worth the hassle of having to schlep 25 minutes to and from Burke each day, not to mention being that far from the trails.

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
I would prefer to spend less if we could so I would vote for Island Pond. I've got a little one on the way so I need to save money where possible. $85 was already pushing it for me.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
is that the condo right near the camp ground on mtn road?

if so, nice place...3 bedrooms, and a room with 2 twins and another w/2 sets of bunkbeds

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
NEW LODGING INFORMATION!!!!

We are renting the Bear Path Condo Unit #44 from Burke Vacation Rentals. I have directions to the Burke Rental Office, but not to the actual condo. I am pretty sure they are on the right just before the Burke Campground. But, if you get there before us (we should be arriving at 4:30pm) you can stop by the office and get directions. The directions to the office are: From Interstate 91 North, take exit #23 onto Route 5 north. This is a right off the exit ramp. Follow Route 5 through the town of Lyndonville, which will involve two 90 degree turns.

At the intersection of Route 5 and Route 114, take a right onto Route 114 heading north. Once you are on Route 114, you will travel approximately 5 miles before reach the village of East Burke.

As you are entering the town of East Burke the fire station is the first building on the left. If you look to your right, you will see our building as shown in the photo above. We are actually the 3rd building on the right after the “Log Yard”. Our outside lights will be on if it is evening.

I have e-mailed Barbara the list of who is staying with us so who ever checks in first will get the key & directions to the condo and should leave the condo open for everyone else. They will have more directions for anyone who needs them.

Any other questions?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
final cash total? and your prefered beer, treesaw?
$100 each will cover it!

I am also bringing Elete, gatorade, chainlube and luna bars for everyone to use! Thanks to my sponsors!!!!

I like beer :D (actually, I like some tasty octoberfests, IPAs or stouts, but I am pretty easy to please). See you tomorrow!!!

T