Quantcast

Fall Monkeyfest

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
This sounds like fun..... Do you guys always do the MonkeyFest up at Kingdom Trails? I'd love to meet up with you all, but it's over a 7hr drive for me. I'm not sure I'm up for it these days.
i reckon if you drove to the cap region you could carpool from there.

i think i'm going, is it still the 567 of oct?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Right now I have (for the 5-7 of October):
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
MBC & IAB
Echo (?)
Sorgie & 2 non-monkeys (?)
S.N.A.K.E (?)
nmr8
hypnotic (?)
johnnyru
dj2
douglas (?)
cmorris (?)

Anyone else? I would like to confirm with the lodge this week. We really should have 18 people to keep the cost at $50. If people don't mind it being a little more, we can still do it. Right now it would be about $80 per person. It is now 2 weeks before so if you're on the list we really need you to pay if you aren't able to fill your spot.

The whole time I was flying down Webs, Old Webs, Sidewinder, Kitchel, Moose Alley, etc. I couldn't help but think something was missing. It kept me up all night till around 4am when I came to the gut wrenching realization that without the CT crew there KT just isn't any fun at all. Everytime I looked at that beautiful, twisty singletrack I got choaked up thinking of the great times we all had there. I will have to find another place to vacation without you guys. Please relase me from this awful funk and tell me when you are planning on going back up?! :twitch:

Happy now?
YEP!

(and TS - we're in)

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
So is this happening or what?
As of right now it is 95% certain that myself and 2 non-monkeys will be up for the October 5th-7th weekend. Tweek is also interested, but I think he's still undecided.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Updated list to include a couple of new peeps. I have also invited some of our local guys to help with cost. I asked for a final count this weekend so I can get a price to everyone! If you're confirmed on this list then I will expect you to pay for your space (if you are not able to fill it and can't make it). THANKS!

TreeSaw & Sq-Earl ++
MBC & IAB ++
nmr8 +
Sorgie+
johnnyru +
cmorris (?)
DJ2 (smba monkey) +
gsweet +
Gary H. +
Andrew L. +
dave_os +

Update: 10/3/07
+ = confirmed

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
I just got the okay so I would be in for this trip. When do you need the money by and what happens if the trip is cancelled due to bad weather and/or trail closings? Do we get our money back?

Veggie Girl

Chimp
Oct 1, 2006
Schenectady, NY
TreeSaw, et. al., as much as it pains me to say this, it looks like I'll have to miss out on Fall Monkeyfest this year. Things are far too hectic at work right now and taking any time off between now and our big annual celebration event in Nov. is strictly VERBOTEN. Damn the man! :shakefist:

For the rest of you lucky Monkeys, be sure to say hi to J-Bar, Moose Alley, Todie's Tour, Sidewinder, Ridge, Rim, and Kitchel for me...And if any of y'all decide to take that big jump on Old Webbs, DON'T go taco-ing your front wheel! It's a looooong walk back to town, take it from me. ;)

As always, I expect a full ride report and photos to document the wild cavortings of intoxicated monkeys in the woods...

Updated list to include a couple of new peeps. I have also invited some of our local guys to help with cost. I asked for a final count this weekend so I can get a price to everyone! If you're confirmed on this list then I will expect you to pay for your space (if you are not able to fill it and can't make it). THANKS!

TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
MBC & IAB
Echo (?)
S.N.A.K.E (?)
Hooples & 1 non-monkey rider
RIP
nmr8
Sorgie & 2 non-monkey riders
deyv & isa (?)
hypnotic (?)
johnnyru (?)
cmorris
VeggieJen (?)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
5-7th is no good.. i have a wedding.. i was waiting and hoping you woul d make it the next weekend..
which if your not there will be a bunch of ppl going to jim thorpe that weekend to ride

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
hooples3 said:
5-7th is no good.. i have a wedding.. i was waiting and hoping you woul d make it the next weekend..
which if your not there will be a bunch of ppl going to jim thorpe that weekend to ride
:(

Ok...I have the lodge booked so it's on!!! There's still space left too so help us make the cost less!!!!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
There's still space left too so help us make the cost less!!!!
I wish I could T, but restoring the new house has really put a dent in the bank account. :(

BadDNA said:
...with 2 kegs of homebrew.
I'm looking forward to trying some of your brew. With any luck, this house will be under control in time for the next summer 'fest. I recently cellared a really good, but rough around the edges, tripel that should be great by then.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
alright treesaw, so when is payment due? i'm down, seeing as i really havn't met any monkeys before...it'd be a nice intro. as well, i do need some serious riding time on the new steed!

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
Frick, that's a lot of money. Some things recently came up that may prevent me from coming, :(but I'll still send you my money either way as I've already committed. Sooo, at this point it wouldn't break my heart if you got a refund, but if not you can still count on my contribution.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Frick, that's a lot of money. Some things recently came up that may prevent me from coming, :(but I'll still send you my money either way as I've already committed. Sooo, at this point it wouldn't break my heart if you got a refund, but if not you can still count on my contribution.
:( I was hoping that you'd be able to make it (and I have you down for 2 non-monkeys with a ?) If all 3 of you were to come, it cost would be lower too. Now, we just have to convince Echo that he needs to make the trip--I have it on good authority that he's "on the fence" ;)

:( I was hoping that you'd be able to make it (and I have you down for 2 non-monkeys with a ?) If all 3 of you were to come, it cost would be lower too. Now, we just have to convince Echo that he needs to make the trip--I have it on good authority that he's "on the fence" ;)
can we put a "final" date on it to decide? I have to know if I need to take the day off, call the kennel etc etc.

Maybe this Thursday?

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
:(I just found out the two non-monkeys with me will not be able to make it. I'm still trying to sort things out on my end, but like I said, I'll still chip in one way or another.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
keep me posted here; if we can get the price down under the 90 bucks, i can swing it. unfortunately i can't recruit anyone else around here...:disgust: