Quantcast

Fondue WC thread 2016

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
yeah, i kinda thought Hart was a has been that just got name checked every broadcast due to being british. Cool to see him do the work and win through effort as well as natural talent.

Gwin has really delayed a number of promising careers, imo. Sorta like Lance did (though he did it with drugs).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think Hart has been on fire all year and today was no surprise and back to form from the year he won worlds. This guy can ride.

Good to see somebody could challenge Gwinn today.

Last edited:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I just mean that Gwin's speed and dominance has kept a whole slew of guys at the tier below him.

Without Gwin, I think there would be a bit more competition for the podium spots and some of the other 22-25yos might have had 1sts, with all the confidence and career-blossoming that ensues.

What in the pluperfect hell does that mean?

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
yeah glad to see danny pop... i feel like brannigan and remi are gunu snag one soon

wish we had enough $ and time to go up to MSA and represent MERICA as usual

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I just mean that Gwin's speed and dominance has kept a whole slew of guys at the tier below him.

Without Gwin, I think there would be a bit more competition for the podium spots and some of the other 22-25yos might have had 1sts, with all the confidence and career-blossoming that ensues.
Yep - quite a few guys have been denied their maiden wins by him now. Fearon, Bruni, Vergier and Hart off the top of my head all would have gotten their first WC wins earlier if there wasn't the blanket dominance that Gwin has displayed the last few years.

Glad to see Hart finally ticking off that box and also showing that despite the splits it's not over till the finish line.

Epic run by Seagrave also, glad to see some competition in the women's category again.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Doesn't Remi already have a WC win?
Yes. Andorra. And Brannigan hasn't shown me anything to make me believe he will get one soon. He certainly has flashes of brilliance, but he's way too inconsistent to make me believe he can take a win right now.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Any body else notice Rat Boy raced finals on flats? I'm guessing cause the track was so steep and dusty and blown out?

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
So speaking of the Red Bull feed, this is the 2nd time that (for me) the broadcast didn't start on time. It was about 15min late....no biggie except that it also ends 15min early! So the last 2 races I get to the last couple guys and boom it ends and I have to wait for the replay! Any body else have this issue?

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
yeah I don't understand why they take down the whole thing for the replay. Red Bull just don't seem to get it with their site design, streaming softwar/hardware. Searching for the race on the site is a struggle...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Glad to see Danny finally get one. :clapping:
Also, nice to see what looked at first like another Gwin by x seconds not happen.
I agree that Gwin has put a bit of a damper on things other than the fight for 2nd and down.
For me, it got to a point, that I took a dislike to the man, for no other reason than his domination.
(well the jebus thing didn't help, nor did the 'murica thing; but that seems to have calmed down in public a bit)
This year, even though he is still way on top, I have softened my opinion - probably because he now seems a bit more human, no so much a domineering robot. The competition has stepped up and put a bit of pressure on.
God I'm such an asshole. :busted:

As for Redbull...
WTF is with the 720?
Really - 720 is all you got?
Looks seriously naff.
This is Redbull FFS, where is the 1080 x 60fps minimum?

I have pretty much given up on the live feed.
I just avoid looking anywhere there may be results posted.
Then I grab a beer,:headbang: a bowl, :drag: the wife :maninlove: and put it up on the Plasma later that night. :popcorn:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I'm just mad that the replay is even shorter now. Is the live feed also short?

(Live in California so don't make the live anymore).

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
yeah fuck him because of that

wut
I don't hold anything against someone for being religious, but I think it's just straight up annoying when someone i.e. a motocrosser or nascar driver brings it up more than just a brief "thank god" in an interview. I think Aaron went on at length(somewhat) in an online interview that alot of people read and didn't like and that's what mykel is referring to.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
So speaking of the Red Bull feed, this is the 2nd time that (for me) the broadcast didn't start on time. It was about 15min late....no biggie except that it also ends 15min early! So the last 2 races I get to the last couple guys and boom it ends and I have to wait for the replay! Any body else have this issue?
:tinfoil:I'm wondering if the lack of proper streaming on their website at the beginning was a hand off to Zuckerberg's Lizard Realm, AKA Facebook Live. I mean, if they could broadcast through that shitty cam-pointing-to-a-monitor-streaming setup, they could have done it from their own website.:tinfoil:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So anyone know how many races are left? MSA and ??? . I'm too lazy to look it up.

Also, what happened to Angel Suarez? Usually YT are first off the block with their vids, but I haven't seen anything yet...

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
So anyone know how many races are left? MSA and ??? . I'm too lazy to look it up.

Also, what happened to Angel Suarez? Usually YT are first off the block with their vids, but I haven't seen anything yet...
posted 2 hrs ago.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Then I grab a beer,:headbang: a bowl, :drag: the wife :maninlove: and put it up on the Plasma later that night. :popcorn:
I do the same, minus any females present.

Never had a problem with the replay and I don't have to wake up at 3am to watch any races.

This technique also allows for riding during the day and then a nice evening of World Cup viewing, along with some well deserved beer and other extra curricular activities. My only problem is remembering not to visit PB or Vital during the day.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Loved the Danny Hart interview afterwards. So high on adrenaline from his self professed sketchy run that he can't say much more than "unbelievable" repeatedly and still in complete disbelief, just mutters "fuck!" to himself when walking off camera.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Anyone watch the Syndicate recap vid?! I love Minnar's deadpan delivery of responses to the predictable and repetitive questions he gets.... true pro!

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Anyone watch the Syndicate recap vid?! I love Minnar's deadpan delivery of responses to the predictable and repetitive questions he gets.... true pro!
I took that as a send-up of post-race MX or NASCAR interviews. To that end, it was perfect.