Quantcast

>>>> Friday by the Fireplace GTM >>>>

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Weather is coming. :panic: Rode this afternoon, a bit over 8 miles with tired legs. Now doing last minute clean up of the yard before the snow hits is. I like fire.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
"roadmap slides

i wouldn’t cry about snow in ashevegas @Dirtrider - we all know it’ll be gone in two days and we’ll be back to our year-round dirt nirvana in no time.

met with architectural consultants from 8-3; then bugged out and went for BEERS.

freezing rain/snow mix now, picking up pizza and moar beers...will make raging fire when i get home. nice.

A good chunk of the time I spent learning to drive was spent on the southern portions of the Taconic State Parkway. 65 mph, no shoulders, lanes approximately .5" wider than your car, heavy traffic. I suspect the average Seattle driver would just put it in park and quietly sob.
I wound up on that the last time I drove down to *'s. Pretty interesting. And also, fuck the Donald J. Trump State Park.

We had a little excitement in town today when a dust collector exploded at United Technologies.

Spent some time screwing around with the plumbing in the R-Pod.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeehawww. Hell yeah brother, let's get this weekend started.

Had to sit in stop and go traffic after work, behind some doucher in his Audi with the rear fog lights on. Those things are like laser beams!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Had to sit in stop and go traffic after work, behind some doucher in his Audi with the rear fog lights on. Those things are like laser beams!
Audi without the fog lights on is not a true audi.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC

Just let him, I mean her know her rear fogs are too bright when you help them out of the impending ditch..

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rear fog lights?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_lighting#Rear_fog_lamps

In Europe and other countries adhering to UN Regulation 48, vehicles must be equipped with one or two bright red "rear fog lamps", which serve as high-intensity rear position lamps to be turned on by the driver in conditions of poor visibility to make the vehicle more visible from the rear. The allowable range of intensity for a rear fog lamp is 150 to 300 candela,[21] which is within the range of a U.S. stop lamp (brake light).[10] Rear fog lamps are not required equipment in the U.S., but they are permitted, and are found almost exclusively on European-brand vehicles in North America. Audi, Jaguar, Mercedes, MINI, Land Rover, Porsche, Saab and Volvo provide functional rear fog lights on their North American models.
CN: Douchebags.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
ahem .... :ban:
It's dark outside so forgive the lighting.

A pair of Kona Wozo's
Added front Mucky Nutz fenders
Changed mine to be grip shift (damaged thumb so prefer it on my non-DH MTB's)
OneUp composite pedals on both
Rear freehub changed to XD with an 1150 cassette on my wifes to replace the boat anchor 1130 cassette they came with. Took a gamble ordering a single freehub to check it worked with hubs, it does. But now the store selling them is out of stock...So my new 1150 cassette will have to wait.

To do:
Tubeless - I've got the valves, tape and going to try the sub-zero orangeseal sealant
e.13 droppers on the way. They're spring actuated so should cope just fine in the cold.

20171208_174910_resized.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I want an LED bar mounted in my rear window facing backwards.
Fuck YOU, high Beamer tailgator!
Poor night riding technique. Stop in the middle of the trail and then blind everyone who has to stop because you're in the middle of the trail. Or the look back guy wearing a helmet light who kills themselves to be upfront.

Poor night riding technique. Stop in the middle of the trail and then blind everyone who has to stop because you're in the middle of the trail. Or the look back guy wearing a helmet light who kills themselves to be upfront.
There was the night at KT when @splat was leading a ride and all following set their lights to strobe. Only time I have ever seen John lose it...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I really want a gravel bike one day. I think they're neato.
I have a GT grade and it does a lot of things and has really good handling. Low and slack. I have so far mostly used it for road only so it will be fun to challenge more on the dirt. I need to find out what tires to buy.