Quantcast

friday end of it gfmt....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well, ride #1 with the longer stroke shock is in the books. Going to need a bit more fine tuning, but the ride overall was much more sensitive. The rear wheel felt like it was absorbing the hits instead of skipping off/over them. Might need a bit more pressure and a larger volume spacer, but we shall see.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Well, ride #1 with the longer stroke shock is in the books. Going to need a bit more fine tuning, but the ride overall was much more sensitive. The rear wheel felt like it was absorbing the hits instead of skipping off/over them. Might need a bit more pressure and a larger volume spacer, but we shall see.
same shock just different stroke, or different shock altogether?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
same shock just different stroke, or different shock altogether?
7.875 x 2.0 Fox Performance DPS -> 7.875 x 2.25 Fox DPX2.

It actually came off of a YT Jeffsy, so the tune is a bit different. Lighter on compression, heavier on rebound. Feel like it helps address some of my complaints with the OE DPS, which was that in order to get any small bump sensitivity, I was running 50% sag ans bottoming out, but running the prescribed sag had the back end feeling skippy lots of feedback.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Also, listening to/taking suspension advice from me is like taking carpentry lessons from a dude with 7 fingers and a glass eye.

Bitd I rode a u-turn Pike for 2 seasons before realizing the spring had snapped in half during the first rebuild. My only complaint was a "clicking noise".

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
No worries - discussion can be useful. :)

My youngest is also still in Scouts. They were meeting masked over the summer outdoors.

Fortunately(?) soccer has been in the way of Scout meetings most of the autumn, and now with shit hitting the fan, we are going to lay low for awhile...
My kids are 7 & 10. They're in an xc ski club/race team. They started dryland training back in September, 2x week. They're organized in cohorts of max 6 kids. Cohorts don't mix. Parents must be masked when they drop kids off and aren't allowed to hang around. Kids are masked unless they are running (usually one of the sessions involves trail running). They're also not supposed to be closer than 6ft (good luck with that I say...). Coaches are also masked at all times.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Broke a ding dang ol’ spoke on my ride tonight. Got to the shop 30 minutes after closing, service guys were still there and hooked me up with a replacement. Definitely gonna have to bring them something tasty very soon.

Relaxing with a nice stout now, deciding on what to drink next.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Broke a ding dang ol’ spoke on my ride tonight. Got to the shop 30 minutes after closing, service guys were still there and hooked me up with a replacement. Definitely gonna have to bring them something tasty very soon.

Chimney??
Hmmm.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Ther only clip pedals I've used are variations of CB Candy pedals. my fucked knees just cant do any low floaty spds.
That said, I don't clip in anymore aside from the road bike.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

might i suggest...another stout???

pizza was tasty, yo.
before

after