Quantcast

Friday GMT (Wingding)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Well I never got out for my ride :rant: but did get worked finished and a big IRS headache one step closer to resolved. The Full Trucker said he was going to lap the aforementioned trail, hopefully nothing stood in his way.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went to Thuper Awethum and did a long maintenance lap. Trimmed a lot of rhodos, foot raked some leaves kicked up by turkeys, and cut several logs. The biggest was an 8-9" dead oak that took a while to get through.

The place has no trail crew to speak of and only a handful of Gnomes. I really wish every rider there would take a few seconds to kick a stick or two off the trail. Boggles my mind to see the trail start to get wider because a branch that's not connected to anything is blocking part of the trail. Just kick the goddamn thing for fucks sake you self centered tools.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nice Timmay.
Did you get up the 'steps', at the top of zorro and the others after turning south from the saddle???
Fuck those things in particular.
Made it about 60% of the way up the steps. Got off and walked after that cause, you are right, fuck those things.
The steps with angled little logs like in the video, or the big square Zorro rock steps? If the latter, wtf? People climb up those things? :D I am proud of my self just for riding down them consistently, heh.

the company took away President's Day starting this year
Us, too. Also lost MLK day as a holiday.

Blackjack at Buff Crik
When are we all riding this? May, perhaps?

That Dakota Ridge video was awesome.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Stubbed my toe pretty bad yesterday. Large blood blister under the nail. Looks like the weekend will include a bottle of bourbon, pliers and max volume swearing.
insurance....or...afraid of death panel you are?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The place has no trail crew to speak of and only a handful of Gnomes. I really wish every rider there would take a few seconds to kick a stick or two off the trail. Boggles my mind to see the trail start to get wider because a branch that's not connected to anything is blocking part of the trail. Just kick the goddamn thing for fucks sake you self centered tools.
so 29ers don't necessarily roll over everything....such as twigs?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
When it comes to basic medieval flesh removal, I have found that I am more comfortable with DIY methods then a sterile environment with anesthesia.
Moonshine makes it fine. Grain alcohol kills all microbes. Almost always. The danger lies in the lack of preparedness.

Went to Thuper Awethum and did a long maintenance lap. Trimmed a lot of rhodos, foot raked some leaves kicked up by turkeys, and cut several logs. The biggest was an 8-9" dead oak that took a while to get through.

That bugs me too. Riders and hikers who fail to take the time for any sort of trail maintenance.