Quantcast

Friday GMT

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You really should learn to negotiate better
Everyone's on the same contract here... (except for one or two old timers who live off of royalties from invented devices and don't really actually need to work.)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
When I left my last company I got two months severance plus 171 hours of pto paid out. I need to take vacation much more seriously. I won't make that mistake again.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
When I left my last company I got two months severance plus 171 hours of pto paid out. I need to take vacation much more seriously. I won't make that mistake again.
I was a contractor in the mid-90's and my supervisor somehow got me severance as a contractor. I have no idea how that works. I got 6 months, too.

Ahhh... the 90's.

I didn't make your mistake, though - I fucked off quite a bit. Pretty much for 9 months. :monkey:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I've been at my job long enough that 30 days notice for leaving the company is adequate, 6 months for retirement although I don't know what the difference is.

I the usual trails this evening but only for an hour before Mexican food.

Props to @Nick for suggesting rocky mounts, I had not considered a swing arm until I saw the video on their Web site. Super happy with the purchase. :)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Fuck that. I work at a fortune 100 company and I routinely see 1 week notice.
As a general manager its never a good idea to be seen as impulsive or non-commincative, you never know who will have influence over your future earning potential. If you fuck your current employer you'll fuck your next employer as well. That's just me though, there are a lot of people who view their employer as an enemy. Super happy that's not me.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Mammoth is cool.... Actually it isn't, it's friggin hot. Riding was good today, although I may have misjudged how soft the snow pile was I tried charged through.... Hey the bike stayed up, I however did not

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The electrician got his shit together and all the lights, fans, and outlets in the back part of the house are back in working order. He had to run a new dedicated line of Romex from the main panel to the GFI in the master bedroom then properly splice in all the downstream outlets and lights.