Quantcast

fvcking aurora colorado

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
ok, rednecks & detached gamers, so you have a God-given right to possession & conceal carry.

the rest of society also has the right to rescind it through a psych profile / SSBI

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
ok, rednecks & detached gamers, so you have a God-given right to possession & conceal carry.

the rest of society also has the right to rescind it through a psych profile / SSBI
Can I also put in a request for reinstating the 10rd mag limit? If you can't hit whatever it is you're shooting at with 10 rounds, I'd suggest "shooting lessons" as an alternative to the 100rd drum. Also, if you can't hit whatever it is you're shooting at with 10 rounds, I'd rather you didn't have a firearm at all.....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So you honestly don't realize that the Glock is easier to get (illegally) because it's legally sold in stores, and the fully-auto is harder to get because it's illegal? Do you also notice how we don't have as many crimes being committed with fully-automatic weapons as we did in the 1920s when guns like the Thompson and BAR were legally owned by citizens? Do you also realize that a fully-automatic whatever will kill FAR more people than a semi-auto, and that an AR-15 with a 100rd mag will kill far more people than a Glock with multiple 10rd (maximum mandated by federal law) mags?

Fvck. I give up. Meant what I said originally, sorry about your loss but.... man, you need to reevaluate your priorities or take a good look at why laws are put into place, and how (and why) they get watered down to the point of being utterly ineffective.
It is easier to get some of these than you want to believe, fully auto or not, it is easier to obtain a weapon illegaly than it is legaly........My last statement was apparently taken word for word...... the overall point was that it is easier to get a weapon illegaly, than it is legaly. People can say thats not true all they want, but fact is I can have a firearm by the end of the day if I really wanted it that badly...... It will take a little over 15 days to get one legaly

mostly men with cock dusters, third eye removal scar prominent on the brow, carrying for the world to see on their belt...
Yeah those guys are most dangerous to themselves, in a real situation they end up shooting themselves in teh foot.

Can I also put in a request for reinstating the 10rd mag limit? If you can't hit whatever it is you're shooting at with 10 rounds, I'd suggest "shooting lessons" as an alternative to the 100rd drum. Also, if you can't hit whatever it is you're shooting at with 10 rounds, I'd rather you didn't have a firearm at all.....
As far as an actual limit 10 rounds, 15 rounds, 8 rounds..... Anything in that range is fine, 100 is rediculoous. I agree with you on these notes, if you cannot do it in what is loaded in standard capacity, learn how to shoot

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005

This is why I tend to stay out of these conversations. Soon as I say I am anything but someone that is against guns, I get filed away with a gun hoarding redneck that shoots first, second, third, and if anything is still moving asks a question and shoots again before the answer is given........

Only a few people know were i truly stand as far as gun control.

Agasin laws are effed on them, i know why laws are in place for different reasons, and I donot argue with them... Problem is that in this country instead of removing laws from our books, we over write them, ending upwith soooo many laws it becomes a substantial task in its own just to enforce correctly the standing version/translation. Laws need to be reveiwed on a regular basis and removed or add'd accordingly. Adding new and just overwriting does no good aside from confusing people

I amnot a nutjob, I really do understand both sides.... taking guns away is not the answer, giving everyone and there brother a gun is not there answer..... there is no right answer in these situations....

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
This is why I tend to stay out of these conversations. Soon as I say I am anything but someone that is against guns, I get filed away with a gun hoarding redneck that shoots first, second, third, and if anything is still moving asks a question and shoots again before the answer is given........
i don't view your position that way.
also, i'm not against guns; i own a couple

i'm against certain people in our society having access to them (note: this transcends ownership)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
all of colorados death row inmates did their murdering in aurora...

Sentencing and Death Row

Suitability of the death sentence is determined by the jury. Life in prison is an option. Death row is located in Sterling Correctional Facility. Currently there are three people awaiting execution:1) Nathan Dunlap, convicted and sentenced to death for murdering four people at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant in 1996; 2) Sir Mario Owens, who was convicted and received a jury's death determination in 2008 for the murder of a young couple, Javad Marshall-Fields and his fiancée, Vivian Wolfe, both prosecution witnesses in a murder trial involving Owens; and 3) Robert Ray, who ordered the murders of Marshall-Fields and Wolfe while awaiting his own trial for murder. Until 2011, death row was located in Cañon City Colo. That year, the ACLU raised an appeal about human conditions and all three were moved for more access to sunlight. All the murders listed above occurred in Aurora

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Holmes's mother suggests ABC News mischaracterized her statement
Arlene Holmes, the mother of Colorado theater shooting suspect James Holmes, has suggested that ABC News mischaracterized her when it reported that her initial statement to the reporter, "you have the right person," was a reference to her son.

"This statement is to clarify a statement made by ABC media. I was awakened by a call from a reporter by ABC on July 20 about 5:45 in the morning. I did not know anything about a shooting in Aurora at that time," Holmes said in a statement this afternoon, read to the national press by attorney Lisa Damiani. "He asked if I was Arlene Holmes and if my son was James Holmes who lives in Aurora, Colorado. I answered yes, you have the right person. I was referring to myself."
yes, i really hope they get this sorted out. i can't imagine what she must be going through having to re-live this semantic holocaust.

the horror

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
For those who think nobody is trying to take guns away from people entirely, see Exhibit A: New York Mayor Bloomberg:

http://reason.com/blog/2012/07/24/mayor-bloomberg-says-cops-should-go-on-s

This was good for a morning LOL.
Via Toshi - Japan is laughing at fools like you:

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/07/a-land-without-guns-how-japan-has-virtually-eliminated-shooting-deaths/260189/

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths: In part by forbidding almost all forms of firearm ownership, Japan has as few as two gun-related homicides a year.
America's gun control laws are the loosest in the developed world and its rate of gun-related homicide is the highest. Of the world's 23 "rich" countries, the U.S. gun-related murder rate is almost 20 times that of the other 22. With almost one privately owned firearm per person, America's ownership rate is the highest in the world; tribal-conflict-torn Yemen is ranked second, with a rate about half of America's...

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Mike for you whining about how hard it is to get guns. I don't see you complain the drivers lincense is too hard to get so all no law abiding people with drive without it. Though I guess you would love Finland with their 3 year driving test.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Because life without guns would be...........well...........

What would life without guns be like? That's a serious question, not a rhetorical one. What do you honestly think would happen?
Here is one example to mull: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Proposition_H_(2005)

Proposition H was a local ordinance on the November 8, 2005 ballot in San Francisco, California, which gained national attention for banning the otherwise legal ownership and sales of firearms. The measure won by a majority vote but was later struck down as unlawful in Superior Court.

In October 2008, San Francisco was forced to pay a $380,000 settlement to the National Rifle Association and other plaintiffs to cover the costs of litigating Proposition H.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
^^Hopefully the same will happen for repealing Prop 8 - hate groups have to pay civil rights organizations - legal precedent^^

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
So mass murder would effectively be over. Sounds good to me.
Gun'tards still claim he could knife 50+ people in 2 rooms simultaneously. I guess it's also as easy to dodge bullets as it is dodging knives.

I also really like recent "Healthcare is a privillage but guns are in the consitution". I really love how the consitution makes everything a must. If setting your head on fire was in the consitution those people would do it.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Quick! Buy all the guns before dey tek em!

In the four days after the July 20 shooting, dealers submitted 3,647 requests for state background checks required to buy a firearm, said Susan Medina, a spokeswoman for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. That’s 41 percent more than the 2,583 requests during the same four days the prior week and a 38 percent increase over the 2,636 checks during the first Friday to Monday in July.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-24/gun-sales-increase-in-colorado-after-12-killed-in-movie-theater.html

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
50 at a time from 80 feet away?

Beyotches would have to COMMIT. And get close. Not just buy a bunch of shlt and all of a sudden feel like an empowered badass.

Gee sounds just awful doesn't it?
Well you always have ballistic knives ;)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I got in trouble on Bizutch's FB wall by responding to a similar comment by asking how someone could commit a robbery with a pipebomb? "Give me your money or I'll blow us both to smithereens"?

I was then reminded why I should never try to have a rational discussion with anyone on FB......

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Mike for you whining about how hard it is to get guns. I don't see you complain the drivers lincense is too hard to get so all no law abiding people with drive without it. Though I guess you would love Finland with their 3 year driving test.

I actually like this, As a gun supporter I would not be against having to take an actual class... I have, much worth it

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
So mass murder would effectively be over. Sounds good to me.
Gun'tards still claim he could knife 50+ people in 2 rooms simultaneously. I guess it's also as easy to dodge bullets as it is dodging knives.

I also really like recent "Healthcare is a privillage but guns are in the consitution". I really love how the consitution makes everything a must. If setting your head on fire was in the consitution those people would do it.
Mass murder will stillhappen, look at countries that ban guns... when someone wants to kill MANY people at once they find a way, I am not saying they will go ape**** and be superhuman killing everyone with a knife.......... They will do some research and make bombs.

Bombs are illegal to my knowledge yet people have those too...... See the point, you cannot just make guns go away.... again no perfect answer to any of it cant take them all away, but cannot give to everyone.... So what the **** do we do, answer is who ****in knows

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I actually like this, As a gun supporter I would not be against having to take an actual class... I have, much worth it
One thing that worries me is for such a gun friendly country you have accessible, modern database that could show potential red flag buyers. You could get into trouble for saying bomb and white house on the phone so what's the problem here?

Not to mention I sincerely belive no one under 25 should be able to own a gun. Want to shoot - go to a gun range but as a 25 year old I see how in very very few cases you would need it to protect yourself and how often the shootings are kids. People up to their late twenties get all sorts of stupid ideas. Later they get married and miserable so when they end up shooting someone it's usually themselves ;)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Mass murder will stillhappen, look at countries that ban guns... when someone wants to kill MANY people at once they find a way, I am not saying they will go ape**** and be superhuman killing everyone with a knife.......... They will do some research and make bombs.

Bombs are illegal to my knowledge yet people have those too...... See the point, you cannot just make guns go away.... again no perfect answer to any of it cant take them all away, but cannot give to everyone.... So what the **** do we do, answer is who ****in knows
Can you point me to one case of a country with mass murder problems that wasn't a govt sanctioned like in Iraq or wasn't a terrorist attack? I can't remember many (actually at none but it's late and I'm tired) cases. Not to mention guns are easier to get and are more foolproof than building a bomb. Not to mention many explosive materials are more limited than guns. You can never prevent all events like that but you can lower their number as well as lower gun related homocide and accidents by having lower amounts of guns. Accessible guns are very easy tools for killing people. Bombs are not easy. They require knowledge, dedication, patience.

Also it really bugs me I need to say this to you for the nth time in this topic i'm not for banning guns, i'm for lowering the number of guns and lower accesability