Quantcast

Got arrested last night.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Anyways, i was hoping to find out how much this is going to cost me, but the people on this forum are more concerned with putting me down than offering advice. Yes, i ****ed up, no ****. That doesnt mean that you morons have any right to comment on this like your **** dont stink.

If this helps, im under 18 and this is my first real criminal offense.
Are you new here? Because there is no way that you could have expected this (or any) board to give you an honest answer... the internet was designed for people to be asshats.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
In Mack's mind: Of course I'm being perfectly normal giving absolutely no reason for cops to suspect me of anything. I'm smarter than them so there is simply no way they should

In reality: Mack being just like he is here. I think Transcend said it best "borderline retarded".

As you getting your feelings hurt about the abuse you are catching for being a dumbass....... Suck it up princess.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
First off, I have no friends. Really.

Second... the few people I spend any real time with do not smoke (is there a grosser habit?), and very very rarely drink.
you're ok with you friends who do drink it occassionally? And you never drink it yourself?

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Anyways, i was hoping to find out how much this is going to cost me, but the people on this forum are more concerned with putting me down than offering advice. Yes, i ****ed up, no ****. That doesnt mean that you morons have any right to comment on this like your **** dont stink.

All our **** stinks. I've been in a car with a lot more than a gram but really man, Halloween night? Cruising around? With **** on you?:banghead:

But still, when you get out of this with probation, community service, a record and a lot of money down the tube learn from this experience.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
As much as I think you are a moron for having a pipe and dope in your vehicle (honestly, are you borderline retarded?), you probably have a pretty good case for illegal search. Unless of course something suspicious was in plain view. Ie: they can make anything up here and you are screwed. They will probably just say they smelled the dope on you, that is perfectly valid.

Enjoy!
my thoughts exactly

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I don't think anyone's tryin' to say their sh!t stinks any less than yours man, I know I've been in situations before where I could have ended up in jail, and I got lucky. Generally someone comes out of a situation like yours without jail time, you will pay some fines, and if you play it right you might be able to not have a record. In the future, either don't smoke dope, or if you do, don't carry it around in your car, or if you must have it with you, keep it in your pocket.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Look its the Ridemonkey hall monitor taking up for the oppressed. Interesting how your perspective changes depending on the victim.
I'm more than happy to maliciously tease another poster and I think I've done that to Mack before. Truthfully, I don't remember who he is or anything about him. When was the last time he posted?

But piling on is retarded... cuz there's no challenge.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
next time, shove it down your pants. or have a female in the car put it in her bra. that'll constitute a strip-search if they want look for it, and it's a LOT harder for them to get approval for that.

talk to a lawyer, though, and see if you have a case. who knows, you might win...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I don't think anyone's tryin' to say their sh!t stinks any less than yours man, I know I've been in situations before where I could have ended up in jail, and I got lucky. Generally someone comes out of a situation like yours without jail time, you will pay some fines, and if you play it right you might be able to not have a record. In the future, either don't smoke dope, or if you do, don't carry it around in your car, or if you must have it with you, keep it in your pocket.
And if none of that works, just wait until the cop almost gets to your car and then take off. You are sure to get away.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

If you had a real dad, jail would be the least of your worries.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
First off, I have no friends. Really.

Second... the few people I spend any real time with do not smoke (is there a grosser habit?), and very very rarely drink.
Haha... seeing as how I graduated from Binghamton I can see how you wouldn't any friends from Vestal. Bwaaahhahahahha...

Oh wait, you are from Vestal.

Sorry, had to get that out.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
OK, I'm a dope dope (never tried it). What difference does it make it you have the weed in your pocket or under the seat of the car?
Depends on how sure the cop is you have something. My guess is, as soon as he locked the car and said "I don't consent to a search", that was probable cause. But if you just stand there and keep your mouth shut and say "yes, sir" and "no, sir" most likely they are not gonna search your person.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Depends on how sure the cop is you have something. My guess is, as soon as he locked the car and said "I don't consent to a search", that was probable cause. But if you just stand there and keep your mouth shut and say "yes, sir" and "no, sir" most likely they are not gonna search your person.
Bingo. They can find probable cause to search the car really easy if you are a douche. The chance of them searching you is pretty low if you are a decent guy.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA

Except in this case it's a 17 year old kid crusing on Halloween night with paint ball splatters on his car. To go further, he's got to look the part if cops stopped him earlier in the year because he was riding an expnsive bike.

He was getting searched no matter what. Unfortunately in this world apearences count.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Gotcha. I wasn't sure if there was a difference as far as the law is concerned.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
You are underage and it was a small amount. Don't sweat it. Be less stupid in the future, most especially in dealings with the police.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Unfortunately in this world apearences count.
Uhhhh...he looked the part of a person who smokes weed and carries it around with him. Oh yeah, and gets into paintball fights with his friends on the street...

Knowing that apprearances count, perhaps one should take precautions to get away with the stuff your appeance leads the authorities to think you do....

(wrap your head around that sentence!)

Ah well, live and learn....

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Wouldn't matter in the town I grew up. The Police had a drug dog (just becasue they could I think - freaking suburbia with drug dogs?!?!?!).

ANYTIME a teenager was pulled over - that dog showed up. So if you had anything - regardless of where it was, you were done.

Buddy of mine had a great stash place - but since he handled it, the dog indicated on his hand. Car was towed in and the cop gave him an option - tell him where it was or they tear the car apart trying to find it.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Uhhhh...he looked the part of a person who smokes weed and carries it around with him. Oh yeah, and gets into paintball fights with his friends on the street...
Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. Sorry but cops profile.

Knowing that apprearances count, perhaps one should take precautions to get away with the stuff your appeance leads the authorities to think you do....
Yes, I agree with this also.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
That approach doesnt always work.

I had a cop take me out of my car and back to his where he had a waiting drug dog. If i had been packing green I would have been in trouble.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
That doesnt mean that you morons have any right to comment on this like your **** dont stink.
What did you expect from this forum, people on here only e-live. You would have had a better chance for advice asking the cops that clipped you.

Sorry homes, but this situation will pass quickly due to the amount and you age. Get a lawyer and don't sweat it.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
If you are under 18 and have a pristine record up to this point, your chances are good at getting off with a slap on the wrist IF you play your cards right:

* Do not smoke any more before your court date. Pre-trial proceedings often require you to take a piss test regardless of your plea so don't show up stoned or with high levels of metabolites in your system.
* Get your hair cut conservatively, shave off any facial hair and buy yourself a navy business suit if you don't have one yet.
* As others have said, the scale is what might fvck you but thankfully, you had only a gram and hopefully it was in one container.
* If you are a good student, hold down a steady job, go to church, volunteer at the soup kitchen or otherwise act in a manner consistent with wholesome, conservative values, get authority figures to write up one-page letters of reference saying that you're the nicest thing since Monday Night Football, give them to your lawyer and bring them with you to all proceedings.
* Go to your local library and research THOROUGHLY the exact charge you have been cited for in the proper jurisdiction, be it the Code of Federal Regulations, the State Code, county, city, whatever.
* At your pre-trial hearing, be prepared to prove you(and your parents) don't have money for a lawyer if you truly don't.
* If your parents can afford it, get a lawyer, but if not, make sure you speak with your court-appointed attorney every step of the way. They do only enough in your defense to bill hours and not appear incompetent, so you'll have to do a lot of the legal legwork.
* Find out if the applicable jurisdiction has any "first offense" programs or expungement deals.
* Read a book about the legal defense of marijuana offenses written by a lawyer who has been there/done that. There are several available on-line.
* Mmike wasn't joking about BC; I had to sit in customs for hours there explaining away my misdeeds even though expunged from all but Interpol and FBI/CIA records.
* Learn from your mistake and don't repeat it.
* If you think the dicks 'round here are unsympathetic, remember that they are likely a fairly representative sampling of who stands to judge you if it goes to trial.
* Only let it go to trial if no expungement deal is possible.
* Be prepared to not smoke so much as a flake for at least the next 15 months or so, depending upon how backed up the docket is and how long your court-supervised probation lasts(if you're lucky).

Sorry it happened to you and if there is anything I can do to help, PM me.

EDIT: Regarding the question of whether it is better to have the stash in the car or on the person, I favor in the car. I have been yanked out of the car and patted down on numerous occasions for nothing more than being on the road real late on a Friday, sometimes with contraband in the car. I have been made to perform sobriety tests on numerous occasions, but I always passed because I don't drive drunk. I keep my alcohol intake to 2 or three unless I plan on staying where I am. Where Mack fvcked up was making an issue of locking the door to the car and "forbidding" search of it without prompting. That's like saying "Carry on occifer, there's really nothing to see here," and it threw up a red flag that, along with the dumbfvck paintball residue, added up to probable cause. If you MUST travel with the ganj, keep all dope, paraphenalia, tools, screens, etc. sealed within a ziploc INSIDE a sealed glass jar and in an inconspicuous toolbag in the trunk. Wash your hands and face and brush your teeth before driving if you have been toking, and for God's sake, don't hotbox or otherwise get your clothes and hair all reeking of it.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
llkoolkeg...you're the best!!!! Poor kid is sweatin and people are just lashin out. Thanks for helpin him out with good solid info!!!!!!!