Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'm not planning the event, but I'd say the usual Moab Modis Operandi consists of:

Whole Enchilada
Mag7 to Portal
Capt Ahab (and maybe something else off Amasa Back - Jacksons, Rockstacker, etc.)
Beers
Bikes
Grins
High fives

Not necessarily in that order :D

Oh, and I am planning on going...
:headbang:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm not planning the event, but I'd say the usual Moab Modis Operandi consists of:

Whole Enchilada
Mag7 to Portal
Capt Ahab (and maybe something else off Amasa Back - Jacksons, Rockstacker, etc.)
Beers
Bikes
Grins
High fives

Not necessarily in that order :D

Oh, and I am planning on going...

Why would anyone ruin a good bike trip with mag 7.

I'll head out and just meet you guys at the top of portal for my 7th lap down of just pushing back up it.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Whats on the agenda for the camping weekend coming up in Moab?
No exact plan yet, but @SylentK is on the right track.

For Capt Ahab, we have done what we call the Amasa Highlights in the past, which involves climbing Hymasa, descending the lower half of Ahab (the good part), climbing back up, and then ripping down Amasa/Cliffhanger/4x4 route. That route is bitchin without any goofy shit. Rockstacker to Jackson's is also a possibility.

Sneaking in a couple Dave's laps may also happen.

And, part of the crew just headed south to Angel Fire for the Good, the Rad, and the Gnarly race on Saturday. After this weekend, the Moab details will start to come together.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
No exact plan yet, but @SylentK is on the right track.

For Capt Ahab, we have done what we call the Amasa Highlights in the past, which involves climbing Hymasa, descending the lower half of Ahab (the good part), climbing back up, and then ripping down Amasa/Cliffhanger/4x4 route. That route is bitchin without any goofy shit. Rockstacker to Jackson's is also a possibility.

Sneaking in a couple Dave's laps may also happen.

And, part of the crew just headed south to Angel Fire for the Good, the Rad, and the Gnarly race on Saturday. After this weekend, the Moab details will start to come together.
Yeah, I was late on thinking about the GRG race, maybe next year :D

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Whats the current news with the DH frame? is she a goner?

Im still so sad
No longer producing them, but I think there are two more available, and we’re saving a third as a shop bike.
The DH bike market has been soft for the past few years, and there have bigger fish to fry for us as a company, hence the GG/DH hiatus. Those that are riding them are still stoked, and we’re keeping one for the crew at GG to ride.
From an engineering standpoint, I look forward to the opportunity to design another generation of GG/DH and certainly have no shortage of ideas. When it makes business sense, I’ll be on it like a fly on shit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
No longer producing them, but I think there are two more available, and we’re saving a third as a shop bike.
The DH bike market has been soft for the past few years, and there have bigger fish to fry for us as a company, hence the GG/DH hiatus. Those that are riding them are still stoked, and we’re keeping one for the crew at GG to ride.
From an engineering standpoint, I look forward to the opportunity to design another generation of GG/DH and certainly have no shortage of ideas. When it makes business sense, I’ll be on it like a fly on shit.

You better be ready to be on one like an angry person on rocks in a few days.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Just ping me when you're taking pre-orders!

lobsterCT

Monkey
Jun 23, 2015
@mtg - what side loading water bottle cages are people using for your bikes? I got a salsa cage for my Megatrail and it sucks. Looking for a better side entry option.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Overall, there is a desert of good water bottle cage options. However, Lezyne's side load is popular, Specialized has one, MSW has one that works well that we use in the frame storage kit, and Planet Bike has a good one. I haven't tried it yet, but the Birzman Uncage Side Draw looks very promising.

CheetaMike

Monkey
Jul 17, 2016
Whonnock BC Canada
The Lezyne does not fit the small Podium bottle very well I have one on my bike., For some reason Camel back chose not to put a groove around the bottle like every other company does LOL . It still hold the bottle damn snug , The next gen Podium bottles are supposed to be more water bottle cage friendly.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
The Lezyne does not fit the small Podium bottle very well I have one on my bike., For some reason Camel back chose not to put a groove around the bottle like every other company does LOL . It still hold the bottle damn snug , The next gen Podium bottles are supposed to be more water bottle cage friendly.
Yeah, that’s what I don’t like about the Lezyne cage: that retention bump is too big. I have one of the upcoming Podium bottles, and I’m not a fan. The reason the current Podium 2 is popular is because it is the lowest profile 620 mL bottle out there and fits where others have trouble. The Podium 3 fits those huge retention lumps easier, but has similar packaging challenges to every other bottle.
Again, there’s a desert of good options.