Quantcast

Hilarity ensues...

SacredYeti

Monkey
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
I am kind of in class for this exact thing right now...... You know the whole Law enforcement career I am about to start.....
And while we are on that subject, why don't you go ahead and inform the rest of us what happens when a city/state LEO enforces federal law when they ARE NOT a federal officer? :wave:

It seems things are going off track here guys. The ONLY role marijuana played into this event was my bumper sticker.

But from what I am allowed to tell you here are the updates: Regardless if he was told to or not, the guy still came back so it's not a hit and run (i've had friends leave a scene and come back and still get the same charges). A CHP SGT. talked to me in person a few days later, and he was able to put everything into reasonable grasp for me. The CHP officers are on 3 months probation. No charges of any kind are facing the offending driver due to there was no physical evidence other than an accident happened, so it was handled as that. But because of how it happened he has been dropped by USAA (very unusual :confused:, usually they just charge you way more) and as a result is no longer a BP officer, however he was "honorably" released so negative rep on his record (count your blessings douchebag, you're lucky I didn't have my Go Pro on the front seat).

On my side of things, again not suing anybody or anything. Went to the doc and found out something interesting. In 2009 I was released from active duty Army (89D - EOD) for degenerative disk disorder in my C-Spine. Well, somehow... someway, the accident did something to where my disks have even spacing between them, and just shifted my bones off center (2 months of chiropractor then 100% after 3 years of suck:D).

So needless to say I'm nowhere near as steamed as I was at the beginning. Had I not the dude's plate number or anything I'd be $500 out for the car repair plus medical. Now I get the medical covered by his insurance, car fixed for free and NOBODY had to go to court.

So once again, hope this guy's counting his blessings as I sure as hell am counting mine.

On a very positive note, the CHP Sgt I spoke talked to me about military for a while and such. Long story short he gave a contact referral for SD Sheriff's Bomb Squad, so once that back has heeled up and I get clean may have to give that a shot (pot won't be an issue if I have full medical coverage :thumb:).

So to sum it up, both sides learned a difficult lesson, CHP proved they do indeed give a sh*t and met some cool people on the force in the process

P.s. Pot sticker has been replaced by giant EOD badge :thumb:

SacredYeti

Monkey
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
You get prosocuted in federal court....... Local agencies are allowed to enforce federal laws .... Aside from INS stuff
Unless you are under the orders of federal officers to directly assist in an action, it is very illegal for you to enforce federal law.

I'm not going to get into the politics of it, but if you as a state/city LEO go explain to a judge you arrested somebody for breaking a federal law, it won't turn out pretty for you. Not saying the other person won't be charged by feds, but you will have ZERO authority in a federal court room.

This is usually one of the first things they teach cops... do NOT try to act on federal law.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Not exactly a need to be under direct orders....... One can make a simple phone call and simply give them the situation and ask if they want them to handle it, take them into custody and transfer custody at a later time.....

Its not illeagal, there is just proper procedure to follow is all.

SacredYeti

Monkey
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
Its not illeagal, there is just proper procedure to follow is all.
Exactly, yes. Thank you for correcting me on that. Just saying you can't go out and out of the blue arrest someone on suspicion of breaking federal law without some directive or instruction from a federal agency.

I.E. - DEA raiding a marijuana collective with police assist = legal.

Police arresting a card carrying person/s for possession because it's still illegal under federal law = not so legal.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Police arresting a card carrying person/s for possession because it's still illegal under federal law = not so legal.
No its still legal to arrest them for possession... They just start it off under local law, it is still legal to do that card carrying or not. Its just a waste of time other than making your week a pain in the ass before the DA throws it out anyways due to being overloaded with stuff WAY more important.....

Again, it comes down to do if you piss the cops off enough, they can still legally really ruin your day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This coming from the clown who told me to be reasonable and act like an adult :think:

The Joker = in-the-closet senility
Did you know Mooshu 3 years ago? If not, than what you speak of is ill informed. We have watched Mooshu develop into an adult over the last 4-5 years. It's like watching a cycle come around again and again and again.

SacredYeti

Monkey
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
Did you know Mooshu 3 years ago? If not, than what you speak of is ill informed. We have watched Mooshu develop into an adult over the last 4-5 years. It's like watching a cycle come around again and again and again.
Indeed I do not know him. It just seems silly for you to say I deserve all this crap because of a bumper sticker that you don't like (which mind you has been replaced).

I am indeed ill informed, but for this circumstance YOU are not. I just don't see how me getting intentionally (whether i can prove it or not, i was kinda there) ran into by a car on the freeway and then me being pissed at the occurrence is illogical to you?

Seriously, forget the bumper sticker and put yourself in my situation... if I had swerved to avoid getting rear ending I could've side swiped another driver (mind you this wasn't california stop-and-go traffic, this was normal freeway speed) which would've been a way worse outcome then just letting ding bat rear end me.

If you are just considering me a moron for the sticker, I can live with that. But I'm just lost in the sauce if you are trying to say that I could've avoided the accident (again, mind that if I didn't go around him I would've rear ended him, me = 63-65mph/him = 50mph... car doesn't lose 15mph in 5ft short of me locking up my brakes and HOPING for a better result).

Again, I acknowledge the bumper sticker was bad ju-ju so it won't be replace. But there was nothing wrong with how I drove and if I had done anything else to avoid it it could've been way worse and I don't gamble with my life like that. Say what you will, if my GoPro had been on the front seat that day you'd be singing a different tune about dude's actions.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I wasn't talking about the sticker. I was referring to you attitude and how you are complaining about how unfair the situation is. Wait until the morning when the other regulars can give you more clarity in your Mooshu^2 status.

SacredYeti

Monkey
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
I wasn't talking about the sticker. I was referring to you attitude and how you are complaining about how unfair the situation is. Wait until the morning when the other regulars can give you more clarity in your Mooshu^2 status.
Yeah, let me see some rampant jackass slam into your car, drive off smiling and grinning waving at you and see just how cool and collective you are with everything :rolleyes:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Yeah, let me see some rampant jackass slam into your car, drive off smiling and grinning waving at you and see just how cool and collective you are with everything :rolleyes:
No No No.... It was your rampant "I am going to seu the cops and win money over this" Even though you didnt have a neutral third party witness, and you are a younger kid with a car toting a nice pot sticker on the back of it...... Trying to go against the word of longtime officers thinkig you were going to win so big to begin with......

Most of us have grown up to not be seu happy, nor to get into a road rage situation with an off duty officer... or anyone else for that matter.... IE if someone cuts us off.... we dont go out of our way to cut them off in return. We have grown up enough to just let **** like that slide and go about our day.

SacredYeti

Monkey
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
No No No.... It was your rampant "I am going to seu the cops and win money over this" Even though you didnt have a neutral third party witness, and you are a younger kid with a car toting a nice pot sticker on the back of it...... Trying to go against the word of longtime officers thinkig you were going to win so big to begin with......

Most of us have grown up to not be seu happy, nor to get into a road rage situation with an off duty officer... or anyone else for that matter.... IE if someone cuts us off.... we dont go out of our way to cut them off in return. We have grown up enough to just let **** like that slide and go about our day.
I said I WASN'T suing them, I didn't cut anyone off (90-100 yards behind me, please...), it's because I DIDN'T have a 3rd party witness that HIS ASS isn't in a sling right now and as a result AM INDEED going about my normal life, I start school in January full time. I don't have time or care for sh*t like this.

You really to get a firm grasp on how to disseminate information and learn how to use some common sense... that or you just can't read. Either your career in law enforcement is going to get a rude awakening or you're going to be a s****y cop, but hey not my chair, not my problem.

Just like I have to sooner and later, s**t won't matter until it's your ass then all hell will break loose.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So on Monday I had some punk ram the back of my Celica with his truck because I honked at him for cutting me off and almost hitting me a first time. Dude hit my car, drove up next to me with him and his butt buddy smiling and waving. I met at a location with officers, along with the suspect who met up there about 30 minutes after the officers, and calamity ensued. The officers claimed I brake checked him, then changed the story to I used the horn in a "non-emergency situation" and had emotion involved (no sh!t f**khead, i just got ran down by some punk and he took off) at the time.

Long story short, the officer said we can exchange info and treat it like an accident or we both get pending assault with a weapon charges. This pissed me off to know but I said f' it. I got the info from the other guy and yesterday called in to the CHP office about how incompetent and unprofessional the officers acted, today got a call back.

(1) Apparently there was no report of a hit and run filed, much less charges.

(2) The dude that hit me is border patrol. Hmm, federal officer vs. white guy in sports car with a pot sticker on the bumper... yeah, that had no influence i'm sure :think:

(3) When the suspect arrived on the scene he was all chatting with the cops in spanish for like 5 minutes, shaking their hands, etc. What... the... f**k? :mad:

So yeah, time to lawyer up and play cat and mouse in court.

I was pissed about all this but I think my first 6 months of school just got payed for :thumb:
English, try reading it. Oh wait, these are your words.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I said I WASN'T suing them, I didn't cut anyone off (90-100 yards behind me, please...), it's because I DIDN'T have a 3rd party witness that HIS ASS isn't in a sling right now and as a result AM INDEED going about my normal life, I start school in January full time. I don't have time or care for sh*t like this.

You really to get a firm grasp on how to disseminate information and learn how to use some common sense... that or you just can't read. Either your career in law enforcement is going to get a rude awakening or you're going to be a s****y cop, but hey not my chair, not my problem.

Just like I have to sooner and later, s**t won't matter until it's your ass then all hell will break loose.
is "introduction to english" one of your classes?

SacredYeti

Monkey
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
English, try reading it. Oh wait, these are your words.
Yeah, just because I am going to get a lawyer for legal protection doesn't mean lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit. The school thing wa sa sarcastic remark, terribly sorry for not taking the internet so damn seriously jackass :rolleyes:

Whatever, I'm honestly over it. The few of you just heckle to where I offer an explanation and you bounce around what "your" problem is, so sorry you got frustrated because YOU can't explain yourself.

No, my school is for aircraft. Sorry my punctuation on an online forum (while drunk last night) isn't up to par with how a final would be written, shame on me.

And joker, don't even try it dude. You went from the sticker being an issue, to driving, to my "attitude", now it's the lawyer thing and online forum typing skills. You're really living up your name as the more I read what you type the more I refuse to take you seriously or credible.

Hence my remark about the senility... Alzheimer's?

Last edited:

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Yeah, just because I am going to get a lawyer for legal protection doesn't mean lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit. The school thing wa sa sarcastic remark, terribly sorry for not taking the internet so damn seriously jackass :rolleyes:

Whatever, I'm honestly over it. The few of you just heckle to where I offer an explanation and you bounce around what "your" problem is, so sorry you got frustrated because YOU can't explain yourself.

No, my school is for aircraft. Sorry my punctuation on an online forum (while drunk last night) isn't up to par with how a final would be written, shame on me.

And joker, don't even try it dude. You went from the sticker being an issue, to driving, to my "attitude", now it's the lawyer thing and online forum typing skills. You're really living up your name as the more I read what you type the more I refuse to take you seriously or credible.

Hence my remark about the senility... Alzheimer's?
FINALLY!!!! This thread now lives up to its title....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Its like instant repeat, comes on with something arrogant, stupid, gets flamed for it.... but cant be told he is wrong, and must have the last word because those that are older, wizer, and more mature dont know anything to what "really" happened.

SacredYeti

Monkey
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
Are you in fact a real Yeti?
Open to interpretation. I'm tall, white and rare, albeit, not hairy.

al queada?
Taking Airframe & Powerplant tech over at San Diego Miramar. It's a 78 credit certification program, that with an additional 7 units of general ed classes, will put it at an AA degree (Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering for the 4 year) as opposed to just 2 years to transfer.

Its like instant repeat, comes on with something arrogant, stupid, gets flamed for it.... but cant be told he is wrong, and must have the last word because those that are older, wizer, and more mature dont know anything to what "really" happened.
148318_1229027022531_1734777866_421250_8242706_n.jpg

Last edited: