Quantcast

Holy cow! César Rojo launches UNNO Bikes

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Neat... was wondering what they were up to. Looking forward to more info.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
thats an awesome video

though i would install a cat5 cable for computer to CNC communication.. lol at walking back and forth that far with a thumb drive to CNC machine for small revisions

Last edited:

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
Yeah I remember seeing some spy shots of that proto and drooling. Maybe when it's released the industry will stop the standard diarrhea so I can finally buy a bike.

btw. Is Cesar still present on RM?
I follow up on you guys! Thanks for the very kind words!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I follow up on you guys! Thanks for the very kind words!
Keep up the good work. I follow you and Cero Design on FB and it looks like you have created an amazing company. I'm envious of anyone working there. Keep up the good work. It's rare to see a bike related company that has all of it's processess dialed from production to marketing.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
No comments yet about the visual appearance giving subtle hints of possible loss of straight geometry when under stresses caused by heavy loads in extreme cornering situations?

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
Keep up the good work. I follow you and Cero Design on FB and it looks like you have created an amazing company. I'm envious of anyone working there. Keep up the good work. It's rare to see a bike related company that has all of it's processess dialed from production to marketing.
Thanks a lot! Not been easy, but we are loving every single moment going on in here, a dream come true!

If you ever need a test rider to thrash one of your bikes properly in the North Carolina hills, you know where I'm at :D
Haha! You want to take the fun part from us???

Looks cool forward GEO on all the bikes?
Won't call it forward, but yeah ALL have a modern geometry, all bikes have the same effective reach (reach + stem lenght), not like most that are all totally different, but we will be leaking more details soon, so keep up with our facebook page for that

Pretty cool, like a dream factory.
Props for using a made in Oxnard, Ca CNC over in Espana.
But damn man, take the plastic wrap off the control panel!
haha! I know, but we wanted to keep it a bit clean, but you're right... Will take it soon and make a pic for you :D

No comments yet about the visual appearance giving subtle hints of possible loss of straight geometry when under stresses caused by heavy loads in extreme cornering situations?
Haas mills... quality! Is that a VF4?
It's a VF5, now in May we are getting a 5 axis Hermle C400, so we will be able to do all links in only 1 stack for higher precission! :D

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Dentists are so 2015...the new marketing target is hedge fund managers.

http://lizardinvestors.com/

Sponsel called this as early as 2013 in his crankbrothers piece:

"After color-anodizing all of my stem bolts, headset spacers, my seatpost clamp, and my pedals in the same cardinal red color swatch, I realized that I just had to have the new Iodine wheels from Crankbrothers. (...) I need to know that nobody who's making working class money can afford to run the same wheels as me, and Crankbrothers gave me that confidence."
Rolf Van Sosen, account manager at Bellevue firm EquiMidas Equity Management and Investment Capital Strategies, LLC.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...

http://lizardinvestors.com/

Sponsel called this as early as 2013 in his crankbrothers piece:

"After color-anodizing all of my stem bolts, headset spacers, my seatpost clamp, and my pedals in the same cardinal red color swatch, I realized that I just had to have the new Iodine wheels from Crankbrothers. (...) I need to know that nobody who's making working class money can afford to run the same wheels as me, and Crankbrothers gave me that confidence."
Rolf Van Sosen, account manager at Bellevue firm EquiMidas Equity Management and Investment Capital Strategies, LLC.
Criminy, leave it to a simian lizard to rock that fucking lapel style and mid-70's fat tie...wait a minute..."fat tie" sounds an awful lot like "fat tire" :o

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Haas mills... quality!

Mutually exclusive statements. Haas has done a great job of keeping manufacturing in the US, and builds a machine that is more than capable for a lot of applications, but by no means is a high quality machine. And lets not forget that Mr. Haas went to prison for a few years for some pretty sketchy business practices. Word on the street is he has done much worse than what he got caught doing.

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
Haas is fine for aluminum, once you start machining ferrous materials and superalloys they struggle... but to be fair, Haas doesn't claim they are great at those materials.

Quality CNC? Old Mori Seikis... they were beasts.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Mutually exclusive statements. Haas has done a great job of keeping manufacturing in the US, and builds a machine that is more than capable for a lot of applications, but by no means is a high quality machine. And lets not forget that Mr. Haas went to prison for a few years for some pretty sketchy business practices. Word on the street is he has done much worse than what he got caught doing.
Interesting, I was not aware. My experience is almost 20 years old now. Will look into ^^^

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That's avocados right?

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
meh.... thats what cuter comp is for :p

coming from a Milltronics MM18 which tooled right, can produce any tolerance +/-0.002" out of the gate. even with O.D's
you are only good as the tooling

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Also very important to us was to make something super exclusive, that means super expensive, but no detail is forgotten.

Well. Thank god for that. 10k bikes just seemed so......you know.......'common'

Anybody else getting delorean flashbacks? (look it up kids)

I need this perfectly tuned flex profile for maximum traction to crush my strava time at the local IMBA loop on my 6" travel enduro bike. That's why I opted for the $6k frame instead of the $3500 trek.

These bikes are absolutely gorgeous and no doubt perform extremely well, but you have to ask, unless you are already a competitive pro, is that T1000 going to help?