Quantcast

Interbike 2016: What do you want to see?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
xpost from that other website:

Interbike 2016 live blog on Instagram Stories & Facebook: What do you want to see?

What do you want to see from Interbike 2016?

I'll be at Interbike from Sept 19 to Sept 22 next week and am taking requests on demo bikes to ride & new products to cover. I'll be focusing mainly on short travel 27.5" bikes, 27.5+ bikes, long-travel 29ers and new wheels & tires.

If my data connection in Las Vegas is willing, I'm trying something new this year with a live blog of photos and video updated throughout the day of both the Outdoor Demo and the Show as well as the bike reviews and new product coverage that we've done in the past such as the ones on our review page atDIRT MERCHANT BIKES Reviews

Our blog schedule will be:

Monday, Sept 19 & Tuesday, Sept 20:
Demo bike rides from Outdoor Demo

Wed, Sept 21 & Thu, Sept 22:
New products from the Interbike show

This is how you can follow our coverage:

1. Instagram Stories Live Blog Feed with photos and videos - Stories are available ONLY for 24 hours after posting
Instagram Stories is a new feature from Instagram that allows bringing together multiple photos and videos in a slideshow format, well, kind of just like Snapchat Stories. I've decided to try out Instagram instead of Snapchat for Interbike 2016 this year since Instagram Stories seems better integrated with other apps and better at public sharing than Snapchat.

To see our daily Instagram Stories from Interbike 2016, follow the Dirt Merchant Bikes Instagram feed by doing the following:

1. Install the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone smartphone.

2. Click on the magnifying glass' icon in the Instagram app to search

3. Search for dirt_merchant_bikes in the search box at the top of the app screen.

4. Click '+Follow'

5. Our daily Instagram stories will appear in the row of icons just under the Instagram logo.

2. Bike Reviews and New Product News shared on our Facebook page
At the end of each day starting around 7pm or so, we'll be posting bike reviews and new product posts on our Facebook page. To see these posts, Like our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/dirtmerchantbikes/

How to view Instagram Stories?

Stories from people you follow on Instagram will appear in a row at the top of your Feed. If someone has shared a story you haven't seen yet, you'll see a colorful ring around their profile picture. To see someone's story, tap their profile picture at the top of Feed or on their profile.

When you view stories, they automatically scroll from one person's to the next. You can tap the screen to skip to the next photo or video, or swipe right or left to skip between people's stories. Swipe down on the screen or tap x in the top right to exit someone's story and return to Feed.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And my response:

I want you to publicly make fun of stupid designs and ideas (like Lauf fork, fat bike FS bikes, disc brakes that use water for fluid, etc.) and objectively rate the bikes against each other, never once using the word "rowdy", but do use terms like "this bike is a goddamn jackhammer on the bumps" and "what the hell were they thinking, this is like dragging a mattress uphill?".

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
1. Boobs
2. Public waterboarding of fatbike riders and tazering of fixie riders. Fixie fatbike riders will be tazered while being waterboarded.
3. Boobs
4. Tantrum cycles plan for taking over the world. One tantrum at a time.
5. Boobs
6. The one unified industry move to end all standards. With another standard.
7. Boobs
8. As many interviews and tough questions with the owner of Cove bikes as possible.
9. Boobs
10. Lame white guy (blogger) posing and flashing what looks like gang signs with other lame white guy (burned out mountain biker with Strava celebrity status who hypes the "Van Life" lifestyle - is actually homeless).
11. Take a fucking guess.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ebikes, Ebikes for XC, AM, Enduro, Road, Cross and City. Hookers and cocaine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
1. Boobs
2. Public waterboarding of fatbike riders and tazering of fixie riders. Fixie fatbike riders will be tazered while being waterboarded.
3. Boobs
4. Tantrum cycles plan for taking over the world. One tantrum at a time.
5. Boobs
6. The one unified industry move to end all standards. With another standard.
7. Boobs
8. As many interviews and tough questions with the owner of Cove bikes as possible.
9. Boobs
10. Lame white guy (blogger) posing and flashing what looks like gang signs with other lame white guy (burned out mountain biker with Strava celebrity status who hypes the "Van Life" lifestyle - is actually homeless).
11. Take a fucking guess.
Lines of coke being snorted off of Boobs.

Coke being snorted off of aesthetically pleasing asses will also be acceptable.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Has it been that horrible this year?
There were certainly even more Ebikes than in previous years, and that's saying something. Half of one of the exhibition halls was filled with new drivetrains i had never even heard of.

While i'm not a huge fan of ebikes for mountain biking, i think the hype in Europe is understandable and, at least in Germany, manifests itself in remarkable sales numbers for city and touring bikes. Personally, I'm delighted everytime i get passed on a fireroad climb by an Ebike riding octogenarian, who otherwise wouldn't venture this far from home with a bike.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
While i'm not a huge fan of ebikes for mountain biking, i think the hype in Europe is understandable and, at least in Germany, manifests itself in remarkable sales numbers for city and touring bikes. Personally, I'm delighted everytime i get passed on a fireroad climb by an Ebike riding octogenarian, who otherwise wouldn't venture this far from home with a bike.
Huh, I guess you guys don't have Brapscals over there in the Fatherland.

Regardless, I want to see more bikes with dildos...

The potential for new standards is practically limitless.

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
New standard of snorting cocaine off boobs?

Gotta do something while waiting in line for the shuttle at the demo...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
More Excuses!

More solutions in search of problems.

Vigorous hand-waving.

An italian bike that is ridiculously expensive but heavier than competitors at half the price.

An italian clothing line that is vastly out of touch with American riders.

Italian women attached to said clothing line.

Mediocre downhill bikes.

Mediocre knockoffs of mediocre downhill bikes.

More hand waving.

Whatever the next trend is now that enduro killed DH and enduro is killing itself. Half fat kid-hauling coffee bikes with automated n'espresso makers and regenerative braking? fuck it, let's roll.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Magic stickerz you can apply at random places on your bike to reduce undesirable vibrations by at least 37%.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Magic stickerz you can apply at random places on your bike to reduce undesirable vibrations by at least 37%.
I can send you a few sheets of those, 10 stickerz per sheet for $1725 with free shipping. My current batch kinda looks like US postage stamps but I can assure you they work like magic!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Personally, I want them to combine Interbike with this -

http://www.ada.org/en/meeting/registration

I mean let's face it, there's no coincidence that these guys developed an electric toothbrush1 and now we have electric "mountain bikes". Might as well get the latest and greatest straight from the source.

1: FYI - In more modern times, electric toothbrushes have been used as a substitute for vibrators for those that wish to avoid embarrassment.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Personally, I want them to combine Interbike with this -

http://www.ada.org/en/meeting/registration

I mean let's face it, there's no coincidence that these guys developed an electric toothbrush1 and now we have electric "mountain bikes". Might as well get the latest and greatest straight from the source.

1: FYI - In more modern times, electric toothbrushes have been used as a substitute for vibrators for those that wish to avoid embarrassment.
2: Guy on the left surely seems to know other "tricks" with said electric toothbrush.