Quantcast

Just came in...2009 E13 LG1+

davidb

Chimp
Sep 14, 2008

anyone have a clue what size bolts those two gold ones are? I'm looking for replacements in red

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA

anyone have a clue what size bolts those two gold ones are? I'm looking for replacements in red
Top is M5x12mm and bottom is M5x25mm for the LG1+. The SRS+ uses a M5x22mm lower bolt.

Good luck as well, I looked briefly and couldn't find any other colored bolts (red would be sweet though).

Last edited:

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
you guys have replacement parts yet? the new boomerang is most definitely not as strong as the old one. like way less strong. is the bolt for the pulley wheel compatible with a standard nylock? that aluminum nut sheared right off!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
you guys have replacement parts yet? the new boomerang is most definitely not as strong as the old one. like way less strong. is the bolt for the pulley wheel compatible with a standard nylock? that aluminum nut sheared right off!
Titanum, aluminium and steal all have their own special properties so you cannot mix nuts and bolts.. Sux dude!

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
We've had multiple top World Cup riders as well as our own internal test riders literally TRY to break the taco, 30MPH direct hits into rocks, just stupid stuff that nobody in their right mind should ever expect a product to withstand. Direct hits to the idler, etc.. So far, we have not seen even one failure after 6 months of testing. Don't get me wrong, someone will find a way to mess one up at some time, people are good like that, and when it happens, replacement parts of course are available and in stock at distributors like QBP, BTI and Silverfish, etc..

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006

it is bent right at where the machining steps down, as you can see.

20-25mph, clipping a step up rock. nothing that should be out of the realm of normal, but the rock is oriented at about a 30deg angle, so the impact was as much side as direct.

anyhow, stoked that philip and DW both are on it, helping a brother out, and are generally rad folks. thanks y'all.

Attachments

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I got mine today and I just wanted to say how dramatically cool it is. The design is so clean and everything seems so refined. I'll be testing it out this weekend at the first race of the (my) year. :cheers:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Unless shimano did something wierd with the new XTR spacing (I am remembering something that makes the XTR composite rings special to that crank...and it is not the BCD any more, but I cant remember exactly what), their should be no need to grind any granny tabs (I have never needed to).

The spacing from the backplate (plane) to the center of the lower roller (plane) (that needs to line up with the middle ring) is larger 5mm (the distance from ring to ring)... Of course, you could run into issues if you are using either a ramped/pinned ring, or an old school super thick chainring...

davidb

Chimp
Sep 14, 2008
bah, my bad, had the middle ring mounted incorrectly, not sure why i just didn't look at my other set ups. It works just fine once i play around with some spacers like any other guide

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
Does anyone know when these would be out in oz?
I really wanted to get one (as my last lg bent on the top of the backplate), but i just couldnt find anywhere to get one from, so had to go for something else (dang)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Didn't think they were in the UK yet, I was mistaken. Ordered mine and collecting it on Saturday :-)

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
a pic i snapped after getting it mounted, ditched the gold bolts

Looks good, you may be able to rotate the whole guide clockwise just a hair. Plus, you might be able to narrow up the taco angle setting one spot too. It's worth trying if you are into that sort of thing!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
I would rotate the entire guard clockwise a bit if you can. Get the lower roller assembly as close to the chainstay/lower link area as possible...and the upper arm at ~11 oclock.

It almost looks like you could go narower with angle the adjustment as well (although I assumed the SS:imstupid: would require a 'wide).....

First guide I have seen on XTRs.... cool!

Last edited:

davidb

Chimp
Sep 14, 2008
it's actually a Slopestyle

but i just went and checked and yeah it needs adjusted, i was just in a rush to get it mounted correctly

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
Does anyone know when these would be out in oz?
I really wanted to get one (as my last lg bent on the top of the backplate), but i just couldnt find anywhere to get one from, so had to go for something else (dang)
A few weeks according to sportz

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
A few weeks according to sportz
Sounds about right, the order was finalized today and they will go out early next week. Transit takes a little time, and I'm not 100% sure about how long they will take to get to OZ.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I'm bummed, looks like the LG-1+ will not work properly on the new Karpiel Disco since the tabs are rotated too far back. I had to modify last years version. I don't think there is enough material to remove to rotate the guide to where it's needed. :(

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I'm bummed, looks like the LG-1+ will not work properly on the new Karpiel Disco since the tabs are rotated too far back. I had to modify last years version. I don't think there is enough material to remove to rotate the guide to where it's needed. :(
Yo Brian,

Why aren't the tabs in the right position and what's stopping it from fitting? We gave the LG1+ a TON of adjustment range, more than the previous generation, so if the old system fit, the new one really should! If you want to e-mail some pictures we're glad to help you out.

Dave

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
They need to be rotated back to allow the removal of the lower link. The mounts are ISCG old. I remember talking to Phil last year when the new guide was in early development and he said the the slots will be longer, they seem to be the same length as last year. I think we talked about this a bit last year. I'm definitely open to any suggestions to make it work. I had to do quite a bit of mods to the last one to get it rotated correctly.

Last edited: