Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Winter solstice today and we start gaining daylight today - yeeeees. Sun rise 8:37am and down at 3:38pm. At least we had sun this morning and nice frost.

I need to do some form of exercise or I will get cabin fever soon I can feel. Its crazy how I am outside until 10pm in the summer and now on the couch by 6pm.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Winter solstice today and we start gaining daylight today - yeeeees. Sun rise 8:37am and down at 3:38pm. At least we had sun this morning and nice frost.

I need to do some form of exercise or I will get cabin fever soon I can feel. Its crazy how I am outside until 10pm in the summer and now on the couch by 6pm.
May I suggest mountain biking? There is this cool new invention they call battery lights that you can put on your helmet and handlebar and they do make the trail visible, even in the dark. I know, that sounds too good to be true, but trust me on this one. ;) :sarcastic:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hi folks
thought I might be winding down at work, but we're full steam ahead. It's kind of terrifying, but I'm looking forward to the week off next week.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
May I suggest mountain biking? There is this cool new invention they call battery lights that you can put on your helmet and handlebar and they do make the trail visible, even in the dark. I know, that sounds too good to be true, but trust me on this one. ;) :sarcastic:
I have no problem finding time during daylight to ride. I do really have to get out and test the shoulder. I still sometimes have pain where it broke so I need to find how it will react to riding.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I have no problem finding time during daylight to ride. I do really have to get out and test the shoulder. I still sometimes have pain where it broke so I need to find how it will react to riding.
Ah shit, I thought you were over that by now. Bummer. God bedring!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
it's supposed to rain for the next 8 days starting around mid morning. Raingear will be with me at work. Sierras should have a powder xmas at the ski areas. Kidwoo should be pleased. I can't wait until the stupid fucks jamming the freeway to try and go shopping at the outlets season ends. Assholes try cutting into the single lane exit from all 5 lanes causing a 5 mile back up for hours on end.

I have runs in the San Joaquin Delta today (and only 5 of them) so today should be nice and chill.

espresso be good this morning

gonefirefightin

free wieners
This mornings very hot shower had some satisfying gratification to it.

In other news, the river is rising at a decent rate, not concerned quite yet but may put the boat on the trailer if it gets too much higher. Got some tools arriving today, going to clean up the garage after yesterdays issues. Zwifting is in the schedule

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Today is the greatest day I've ever known.

JK! Just another work day. I think the wife is starting to realize how long it's going to take to get our house in shape before moving in.

This mornings very hot shower had some satisfying gratification to it.

In other news, the river is rising at a decent rate, not concerned quite yet but may put the boat on the trailer if it gets too much higher. Got some tools arriving today, going to clean up the garage after yesterdays issues. Zwifting is in the schedule
Question regarding the water heater replacement: What failed in the old one? Usually I would expect to replace a heating element or controls as opposed to the whole rig.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi.
So I quit my job yesterday. Start anew in February. I'm looking forward to the break.

Anyhoo, have a great Tuesday!
Awesome. Let’s ski in January!

How do you like the heat pump overall? Need a new furnace at the house and was contemplating ditching oil/gas and doing a whole house forced air heat pump instead.
I have limited experience: have a 5 head 4 ton ductless mini split at the mountain place. One can hear the compressor running, similar volume as AC so louder than a furnace in the basement. Does its cooling and heating jobs as advertised. I am satisfied

/me is planning on lounging about, practicing some trumpet, exercising a bit, and then taking the kids to Uwajimaya later today to procure sundry Japanese foods.