Quantcast

Lets see you xc bikes

Sep 11, 2010
KC
its my 1/2 of an xc-bike(okay, maybe a 1/3) cant hardly wait for the rest of it! front hub has that 15mm hole tho so I gotta find a damn near new fox fork (ouch!) aint seen anyothers with 15mm axles have you? prolly take another 2mnths "mad money" to finish, maybe a sweet thanksgiving ride awaits me!

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
its my 1/2 of an xc-bike(okay, maybe a 1/3) cant hardly wait for the rest of it! front hub has that 15mm hole tho so I gotta find a damn near new fox fork (ouch!) aint seen anyothers with 15mm axles have you? prolly take another 2mnths "mad money" to finish, maybe a sweet thanksgiving ride awaits me!

Fox, Rock Shox, Marzocchi, Dt Swiss, White Bros, Rst, etc. They all have 15 mm forks.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
built:

things that will be changed soon:

-seat post. need one that's longer/lighter. used an old bmx post I had sitting around (that was all that fit, and why my saddle nose isn't kicked down more)
-stem. too long. currently 90mm, want to try a 70mm
-chainguide. currently lg-1. would like another lg-1; problem is frame and backplate did not have same ISCG mounts so I was stuck using an adapter (and have a pretty crappy chainline right now)

things that will be changed eventually (probably over winter):

-new wheels. have a set of hadleys and mavic dee track rims that need to get laced to one another
-new fork lowers. fork is a revelation dual air. currently QR. will switch over to 20ml to run the wheels described above

Last edited:

ecsnsmb

Chimp
Jun 10, 2008
NJ
Awesome. I was running a 70mm stem and found it to be perfect. Tried a 50mm also but that was pretty short.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ok word. i've got a 90 now and i feel its too long. Was planning on trying a 70 so good to know that it would be a good match for the bike

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Yes they are Formula R1 brakes, I am going to use them on the bike laying on the floor behind the 575 as soon as I get the fork for it.