Quantcast

Lets see you xc bikes

Apr 24, 2010
On my laptop
i am very proud of my bike i have built. I call it a overkill bike meaning over the top components but nice none the less

marz 44 Micro ti fork
marz roco Carbon shock
xtr shifters
xtr derailleurs
Raceface next carbon crankset
deus stem
azonic pedals
elixir brakes
raceface next carbon handlebar and grips
Atom labs wheels
Intense invader tires
driven CSMZ7T gold cassette and chain

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Here are my 2 XC bikes:

I had a GT Idrive 5, 2.0. It was the same design as your bike, but before they started calling them "force" or whatever they call them. I loved that bike. It rode so smooth, all the time. Next time I get a trail bike, I'm really going to consider a FS 29er if they have the right geo's. I shouldn't need a bike for at least three years though.

Sep 11, 2010
KC

sry I had to revive a dead one but I just got finished...only took a year, ya know its rough being a broke-ass :)

Last edited:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
The SS. Now sports white rims and better rubber, white hydro brakes, and flat bars. This is just after the build, I threw some spare parts on it just so I could ride it. 22 lbs:

Here's the geared bike, just after receiving it's new swingarm. 26 lbs:

And an action shot of the same bike hauling my ass down the mountain (broken wrist and all). 192lbs ;)

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

I'm a bad person, I don't know anything, 29ers are ruining the world, something about the industry, I'm just a follower, and a bunch of other things.

I can't wait to ride it this weekend and see how she does.

JohnnyH

Chimp
Sep 1, 2011
photo(2).JPG

Finally got this thing and got it built up (had a Chumba XCL before...) Super excited to ride it, but the weather here is looking like snow, so I am heading down to Fruita tomorrow.

JohnnyH

Chimp
Sep 1, 2011
photo(4).JPGphoto(3).JPG

Better pics of the new Spitfire in Fruita on my first real chance to ride it. This thing absolutely kills it!

Sep 26, 2011
'12 Trek Superfly 100 Elite AL. Currently all stock, w/ Shimano M540 pedals. One of the LBS guys was drooling all over the tires, Bontrager 29-1 Expert, 29x2.2", for whatever reason. The only reason he could give was that "they haven't even been released yet". But somehow they were "amazing tires". I didn't feel like they were all that...but I'm not a bike shop guy. I'm looking at trading him for the Geax Saguaro 29, 2.2...a tire I rode and loved on my 26" Jekyll 800 (not the 29, obviously...).

The cable suspended between the top and bottom tubes, you ask? Well, on my first ride with the bike, yesterday, I did a massive endo and destroyed the back brake lever. Fortunately my neighbor is a bike mechanic who works for 12-packs. He happened to have a spare (mechanical) rear brake...with a short cord. Anyway, I was planning on upgrading at some point to XT, so it's not that big a deal. Oh, and if you were thinking of stealing it, think again...pic #2.

Attachments

Last edited:

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
My newest addition- Banshee Paradox, 1x10, 2.35 Panaracers, and a Reverb. Super duper fun bike, especially on the downs.

SANY0064.JPG