Quantcast

@@@ >>>> Monday GTM >>>> ####

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The longer I look for a job in Poland the more I am convinced I have to move. Too bad the best movie industry jobs are in the US where I don't want to move (plus my soon to be wife would kill me for it since we are not moving out pets in the airplane hold).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

High levels of FTS.

The longer I look for a job in Poland the more I am convinced I have to move. Too bad the best movie industry jobs are in the US where I don't want to move (plus my soon to be wife would kill me for it since we are not moving out pets in the airplane hold).
I don't know if you've heard, but now probably isn't a real good time to be emigrating to the states.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
20 freedum units warmer than usual for early Feb... this winter sucks. :(
I am flying to St.Louis in the evening :/ to meet with fun colleagues to do some product research so that is good. :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
20 freedum units warmer than usual for early Feb... this winter sucks. :(
I am flying to St.Louis in the evening :/ to meet with fun colleagues to do some product research so that is good. :)
Last year we were in DC for mid-winter break and it was high 70s and we were in short and t-shirts.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I've got to go to Atlanta for a training class for work next week. I am not thrilled about having to travel for work, but I am very much looking forward to getting out of the office for a week.

Wife requested I not swim this morning so she wouldn't be woken up at 5:00 AM, so I obliged. I try not to cut into her precious sleep time during her tax season.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

A rainy and dreary morning which just continues the theme from the weekend. My son's basketball team lost a close one on Saturday morning - they were still all-smiles afterward. We adults could learn a lesson or two from that. Hung out with friends on Saturday night and got way more faced than I had intended....then had to do a scouting function thing at a local church with my son. I guarantee I wasn't the only hungover person in the room. Chilled for the rest of the day and watched the Supercross race I recorded from Saturday - damn, Roczen..not again...:rant:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Why good morning monkeys!

Snow day Saturday, did a bunch of wrenching yesterday and my hands have the wounds to prove it. Bout sums it all up. Gotta really get on it as we are supposed to be doing a Moab trip the first week of April I'm trying to get ready for.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Seriously?! Of all the reasons not to move to the US, it seems to me that not wanting to put pets in an airplane hold wouldn't be at the top... I've done a few transatlantic flights with pets a few times, and they were always fine...

It's a beautiful morning here, and after not riding at all this weekend due to kids birthday parties, it's nice to get back in the saddle. The traffic lights at the busiest intersection I bike by were out today and a traffic cop was directing traffic. When he saw me arrive on the bike path, he stopped traffic, pointed to me, and yelled "cyclist go". fuckin' eh! it's nice to get respect for once!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Vancouver. A bit expensive though.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Spent the weekend standing in long lines for dank beers, shoveling a bunch of snow and packing some trails with my snowshoes.

Now some work. Fat bike conditions look stellar for the rest of the week.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
:wave:

High levels of FTS.

I don't know if you've heard, but now probably isn't a real good time to be emigrating to the states.
I'm white so It shouldn't be a problem for the pumpkin pie you have for president. I even have a germanic sounding family name so I can pretend to be Norwegian. Also crazy right wing morons are a problem all around the world. Poland, Hungary, they are getting stronger in France, Austria, they won in UK with Brexit, Japan is also going right. People are voting out of frustration and most countries follow a similar economic model so it's no difference.

Seriously?! Of all the reasons not to move to the US, it seems to me that not wanting to put pets in an airplane hold wouldn't be at the top... I've done a few transatlantic flights with pets a few times, and they were always fine...
My cat has a weak heart. That's the problem. Also you did it with no problems and I know people who wound up with dead pets. Would you put a family member in the hold? That's the same for me. Plus yeah there are other reasons not to move to US. If I had a great offer I'd probably find a way to move (dunno buy a business class seat and convince the airplane to allow my cat to use it). Still no. I'm not transporting my animals in cargo hold.

Vancouver. A bit expensive though.
The problem is I'm in Aquisitions not in production. Vancouver is good for production.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My cat has a weak heart. That's the problem. Also you did it with no problems and I know people who wound up with dead pets. Would you put a family member in the hold? That's the same for me. Plus yeah there are other reasons not to move to US. If I had a great offer I'd probably find a way to move (dunno buy a business class seat and convince the airplane to allow my cat to use it). Still no. I'm not transporting my animals in cargo hold.
not all airlines require animals to go in the hold. when my future wife and i moved from LA back to the east coast we flew and had the cats in carriers at our feet in the cabin.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
not all airlines require animals to go in the hold. when my future wife and i moved from LA back to the east coast we flew and had the cats in carriers at our feet in the cabin.
8kg weight limit on all airlines. Cat + carrier. my cats are 7.5kg and 9.5kg respectively. I know some of them don't care as long as the carrier is within the size limits but it's a gamble you take when you reach the airport. For now it's a non issue since I'll look for a jurb in yurp first. I like yurp. Good trails everywhere, everywhere is close, it's safe and I don't have to drive to work.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
8kg weight limit on all airlines. Cat + carrier. my cats are 7.5kg and 9.5kg respectively. I know some of them don't care as long as the carrier is within the size limits but it's a gamble you take when you reach the airport. For now it's a non issue since I'll look for a jurb in yurp first. I like yurp. Good trails everywhere, everywhere is close, it's safe and I don't have to drive to work.
dang son those are some big cats. what breed?

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Just make yourself a note saying that the cats are your emotional support animals and you can't fly with out them.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
attach some local currency to the cat, then you should be able to get that extra 1.5kg of cat on the plane with no issues :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
can we get drunk drunken noodles?

i mean, i love me some thai food, but you eat it at least 15 times a week. or so it seems.
Looking over transactions in Mint it looks like we eat there about 60 times per year. This includes instances where it's not all of us, like today (wife + me for lunch since my work site is 0.9 miles from it), so it's probably an even once per week.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Pets are family.
That said, I can't count how many flights I've been on in the past few years where passengers have their cats with them in the plane. I personally love it, other's may not. It seems to be the norm if in carriers and well behaved.

edit: I didn't know about the weight limit, but those soft carrier/bags can't weigh but a few oz.