Quantcast

*Mundane GMT*

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Coming down the home stretch with the trailer. Just have to hook up the wires for the tank level monitor, get the water heater propane line flared and attached, then screw down the bed platform. Man it'll be nice to have that off my plate.

I did manage to pick up a super deep splinter in my palm on Saturday that I have been unable to dig out. It's rather uncomfortable.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Evening ride was nice and easy. Chest still hurts.
HOT one today but perfect now, I might sneak out for a ride before the temps rise.

And I forgot, but a happy belated b-day to @6thElement who is really, really, quite old, plus a coupe of days.
:cheers:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning. It's gonna be a hot one today. Temps might reach the low 90s plus our usual humidity. A little tired this morning from watching the US v Mexico game last night. :fans:

Yeah, that's all I got.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Spent most of the day working from home yesterday, in early today to finish up some power point engineering.

I'd be bitter about it all but it will end up with a flexed day off. I'll trade a day working by the window while hanging out with the pup for a day on the trails in lieu of a day working in this dump.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Back from "vacation", what a ripoff that was. At least I got to spend about 3 hours with Lil Man on the new ride Saturday. He wants to look down at where his feet are and of course nearly crashed every time. The balance thing he has down. He can't quite reach the brake lever, but I noticed the composite lever that came on Jer's bike is more suited. So I cleaned it up and swapped them out, now he can stop.

So the really nice mini brake set didn't work. The calipers didn't fit over the 2.125 tires (decided on matched set) and the lever had too much reach. At least I used the brake shoes and cable :rofl:

He got frustrated and wanted to ride his old bike towards the end. So I told him I would ride his and we could race. I totally won.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
moving sllllooowwww...enjoyed watching leogang dh on the tv last night.

left ear has been feeling stopped up for past 2 days for no apparent reason. driving me nuts.

might squeeze in a local ride this evening. would be nice.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yesterday I was able to close out a week with more days riding than not. Can't remember the last time I've done that. It was definitely before kids. 3 days pedaling and a day on the DH bike.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yesterday I was able to close out a week with more days riding than not. Can't remember the last time I've done that. It was definitely before kids. 3 days pedaling and a day on the DH bike.
Nice. I rode Wednesday through Saturday last week. Not sure I'm up for a repeat this week.

Had a fun visit from friends yesterday and helped big-ted move a couple of couches.

Also, I have caved, and we're getting a puppy.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
went to bed last night super stressed about work. today and tomorrow are going to be uber busy. somehow managed to fall asleep no problem. but woke up at 3:30 am and have not slept since. :dead:

Just gotta get through the day... one day at a time.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Extremely sore and tired after a long weekend of riding. I really REALLY don't want to be here today.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Did a bunch of trail work to one our local spots this weekend in preparation for a yearly mega ride we do there. Taking the day off from work tomorrow to accomplish this mega ride. 5700 ft of climbing and descending in 28 miles on some really fun trails. We call it the Waldo 666 and it has been a 12 yr long tradition. Gonna be sore Wednesday.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
I actually got out for a real mountain bike ride this weekend at Blankets Creek. Took my 13 year old son for his first mountain biking experience. He was a little humbled at the smack down his old man laid upon him. He has realized that mountain biking is a lot harder than riding a mountain bike home from football practice. :-)

He also had to face the fact that when I try to simulate trail obstacles when we ride around the 'hood, that there are real world applications.

The good news is, I enjoyed every minute of my 13 mile ride, and he seems intrigued enough after his 8 mile ride to do it again.

the bad news is, the 23 year old fork on the bike he is riding is no longer viable option for mountain biking as the dampening is all but shot to shit. It is like riding a pogo stick and makes a ton of frigging racket. I think a rigid fork will be a necessity.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nice. I rode Wednesday through Saturday last week. Not sure I'm up for a repeat this week.

Had a fun visit from friends yesterday and helped big-ted move a couple of couches.

Also, I have caved, and we're getting a puppy.
Get a good trail dog. That way when the wife and kids don't take care of it you can make the excuse that you have to take care of the damn thing by going riding.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The good news is, I enjoyed every minute of my 13 mile ride, and he seems intrigued enough after his 8 mile ride to do it again.
How did you end up with different mileage? Rode to the trailhead?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yuna has peed on the couch twice thus far today. Usually she is in very good control of her bladder. Why?!?

Ruby Hill later today for a bit then errands.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yuna has peed on the couch twice thus far today. Usually she is in very good control of her bladder. Why?!?
my son had a similar moment this weekend. we were at the park with his cousins, and he says to me "I have to pee". I say ok, go against the trees at the edge of the park, and he says "no". Then I see pee dribbling down his leg. He's four. He's been clean a year now, and hasn't had a single accident so far. I thought it was kinda funny. so we let him play bottomless at the park. good thing there was a washroom there, and it was hot and sunny. I hand washed his stuff in the sink and it dried in 30 minutes. done.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FTS status is bordering non-functional levels. I did get approached by a recruiter about a position very similar to mine, at another firm that manages money very similarly to how we do... Might be worth taking a peek at.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
FTS status is bordering non-functional levels. I did get approached by a recruiter about a position very similar to mine, at another firm that manages money very similarly to how we do... Might be worth taking a peek at.
Do they have lip sync battle Fridays though?