Quantcast

Myles Rockwell busted for growing pot

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
END MARAJUANA PROHIBITION
God, our countries priorities are all f**ked up:angry:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Thats lame, but still illegal. Its one thing to go out and buy and smoke weed, but to grow it? He shoulda known better. He risks loosing more than just 52 high quality plants.....and its not like an old MTB star is royalty like other stars out there constantly getting nabbed for drugs and getting away with it.....

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by kidwoo
With your signature, I don't think you need to.

Just delete Rockwell's phone number from your cell phone and you should be fine.
:evil:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by toughguymagee
I was reading this in the Lounge and its kinda sad. Any professional athlete is looked up to by people, but he is human and we all make mistakes. It will be interesting to see what will happen.
The where? Oh, there other places out side this world??....

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Damn! That sucks big time for him. He has a son now that I think is about 1 or 2 years old. and I think he just got somewhat recently married. I cant believe he would pull something this dumb when everything seemed to be going so well.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by heikkihall
Damn! That sucks big time for him. He has a son now that I think is about 1 or 2 years old. and I think he just got somewhat recently married. I cant believe he would pull something this dumb when everything seemed to be going so well.
I reckon that's why they call it dope.

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
I guess he had to do something to make money after retiring from Mountain Bike racing.:(

Either that or he simply smokes a lot;)

Not been a good year for US Downhill MTB pros, these stories don't sound good for young kids interested in the sport:

1. US Downhiller wins World Cup race in Canada, first male US pro to win a world cup event in "X" years. Followed by: US pro downhiller loses medal for winning 1st place after testing positive for marijuana.

2. Retired US Downhiller legend, only pro downhiller in the past decade + to beat the alien Nicholas Vouillez head to head at the MTB World Championships for Downhill, arrested in his home for "sophisticated pot cultivation".

3. Super-human Mountain Cross star injured again and will miss some of this season's races for horsing around on an ATV or Golfcart or something.

Since John Tomac retired we haven't necessarily had a top pro that's been really good for the sport. Any truth to Shawn Palmer coming back?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
we all though he was off it after he broke both legs.:rolleyes:

how do you think he got over that!

fact is %50 + of mtb dhers do drugs.
that is what it is. an illegal drug.

:( :dead: :mad:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by toughguymagee
but he is human and we all make mistakes.
Myles..."Ah shucks...look what I have done. I smoked pot, I bought pot, I grew pot, I distributed pot, I got busted..." where's the mistake? :rolleyes: I have always liked Myles even way back in the Yeti days. I definately looked up to him, but by the law he should get what he deserves.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
If you want to read more about arguing Monkeys, there is a 158 reply thread in the Lounge! Fun reading!

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
I think it's funny that all these fascists on this board are somehow involved with mountain biking.

It reminds me of a frat boy unwittingly walking into a gay bar to strike up a conversation about the moral outrage that is same-sex marriage.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by Sideways
I think it's funny that all these fascists on this board are somehow involved with mountain biking.

It reminds me of a frat boy unwittingly walking into a gay bar to strike up a conversation about the moral outrage that is same-sex marriage.
Who you calling a? I'm sorry what does that mean.:D

This is a joke.

Fascists:angry:

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Originally posted by Jozz
If you want to read more about arguing Monkeys, there is a 158 reply thread in the Lounge! Fun reading!
Wow, I had to give up after page 9. By lord, who knew so many strong opinions existed in this crew, both ways. Maybe I should head back to the loungs and start a thread on Rowe vs Wade, would want to do it anonymously though.

Don't make my way to the lounge much but it's apparent that a lot of these people need to get out and ride some more.

B

bigkonarider

Those plants are a terror threat.........come on..
COPS SUCK

All the cops do is re-sell the pot 1/2 the time...........
Tons of sh-t goes on that nobody knows about.......
Sorry that happend Myles!
Have fun in community service !!!!!!!!
Lost your house itoo probably...
That's the REAL reson POT is illegal--.is beacuse pot people have all the stuff cops want !!!!! :angry: :devil:

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by Sideways

Hmm so I'm somehow less of a mountain biker because I don't agree with you? Or because I don't smoke dope?

I'm sorry, when did being a stoner become part of the licensing process to be a Mt. Biker?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: what a tool

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Originally posted by profro
Myles..."Ah shucks...look what I have done. I smoked pot, I bought pot, I grew pot, I distributed pot, I got busted..." where's the mistake? .
Easy.. "I got busted" :D

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
um why is it some people think its so bad. its just pot. its just like beer only its smoked. and its not near as bad for you as ciggerets. so whats the big deal. i have done dummer stuff when i was drunk then when i was stoned. and i dont wanna say much more cause cops are probaly start patrolling bikes races and busting us who like to smoke a big ol fatty and then ride.

Peace

www.hightimes.com
www.420.com

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Originally posted by Damn True
Hmm so I'm somehow less of a mountain biker because I don't agree with you? Or because I don't smoke dope?

I'm sorry, when did being a stoner become part of the licensing process to be a Mt. Biker?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: what a tool
Couldn't agree more. I never realized that getting high and riding a bike were somehow indivisible.

Shmoe

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Calgary, Canada eh?
Weed is just somthing that happens with mountain bikers, I bet if they did a drug test at a local dh race here, 75% would fail. I say we just leave Myles alone for this one, its his call not ours.