Quantcast

New Israel/Lebanon thread

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Echo said:
It's not so much how many people are being killed in each country, it's the military/civilian breakdown that is not making Isreal look very "noble" right now.

Isreal: about 60, mostly military dead.

Lebanon: about 400, mostly civilian dead.

What exactly is Isreal accomplishing here? They haven't "disarmed" or "destroyed" Hezbolla at all. They are using this as an excuse to indiscriminately bomb the living sh!t out of Lebanon. If they were targeting the Hezbolla militants, wouldn't some of them be dead?

You can bet a large percentage of the Lebaneese dead are Hezbolla fighters.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Echo said:
It's not so much how many people are being killed in each country, it's the military/civilian breakdown that is not making Isreal look very "noble" right now.

Isreal: about 60, mostly military dead.

Lebanon: about 400, mostly civilian dead.

What exactly is Isreal accomplishing here? They haven't "disarmed" or "destroyed" Hezbolla at all. They are using this as an excuse to indiscriminately bomb the living sh!t out of Lebanon.
Numbers don't mean squat, echo. As I said before, you have no way to tell a Hezbolla militant from a civillian. Do you think they would actually post numbers of their dead, exposing themselves as being in a weakened position? Not hardly. You're watching too much Communist News Network.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
N8 said:
You can bet a large percentage of the Lebaneese dead are Hezbolla fighters.
If that were the case, you can bet Isreal would be spinning that line all the way to the bank. But to the contrary, it's obvious that it's NOT the case.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Greyhound said:
Numbers don't mean squat, echo. As I said before, you have no way to tell a Hezbolla militant from a civillian. Do you think they would actually post numbers of their dead, exposing themselves as being in a weakened position? Not hardly. You're watching too much Communist News Network.
I don't have cable, thanks for playing though.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
N8 said:
Kinda right, but the truth you are avoiding is:

To have lasting peace in the Middle East Israel will have to kill every militant muslim until the population that supports them finds it too painful to continue doing so and quits.

That's exactly right. You have to put the enemy in a position where they have NO choice but to lay down arms and NEVER try what they did again.

Have we had a dictator in Japan or Germany since '45?

Nope.

Point made.

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
MMike said:
Like I keep saying, there is no good guy. Isreal is hurting people that DO need to be hurt, while hurting as many or more people that DON'T deserve to be hurt.

At no point did I ever says that Hezbollah was the victim.
What would offer as answer to the issue? What would you have Isreal do? Have a round table? What would you do in the situation? More diplomacy?

Keep in mind a short lesson in failed diplomacy
Prior to 1938, when Germany began re arming the world tried diplomacy. The world just got out of a war..."a war to end all wars". Germany kept rearming for the entire world to see, the world fought back with diplomacy. Germany reoccupied the Rhine, more diplomacy, the world even gave up Poland to satisfy Germany. At this time Britain and France were the super power and could have easily crushed German expansion. But diplomacy was used instead, nobody wanted more blood. The US turned a deaf ear to the whole situation. As time passed, Germany got stronger and stronger unchecked. More diplomacy was used..................The end result of all this "let's work this out diplomacy"
19 million Jews, gays, slavs etc
20million Russians........20million! not 400 or 2300..........20million
The number of dead US/Brit/French/Germans/Japanese/etc was in the millions...........
Entire countries were literally wiped from the face of the earth.

Failed diplomacy came in at a pretty hefty price tag. I often wonder if we and the Europeans got off their collective a$$e$ and nip the problem in the bud could have all these losses been prevented. Sure there would be some loss but what is the better of the two evils?

I think many of these bitter lessons are carried forward to todays policy's. Try to Nip stuff in the bud............Maybe it is too late for that in the Middle east?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Echo said:
If that were the case, you can bet Isreal would be spinning that line all the way to the bank. But to the contrary, it's obvious that it's NOT the case.
Israel isn't playing a spin game... the anti US/anti Israel press is doing a fine job spinning Hazbollah's propaganda.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Greyhound said:

Nope.

Point made.
There's pretty much one in the US right now. When we get liberated from our corrupt government, will you be an insurgent, or will you just sit by and watch?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Greyhound said:
That's exactly right. You have to put the enemy in a position where they have NO choice but to lay down arms and NEVER try what they did again.

Nope.

Point made.
And look at the places in the world where the UN has stepped in and solved a conflict... oh wait...

-Korea
-Middle East

Is it genocide in the Sudan yet?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
N8 said:
Israel isn't playing a spin game...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That has to be the quote of the century right there.

I'm sure you're enjoying the fact that there's another monkey cut-and-pasting right wing propoganda so you don't have to do all the work... but that doesn't make it not right wing propoganda.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
N8 said:
Kinda right, but the truth you are avoiding is:

To have lasting peace in the Middle East Israel will have to kill every militant muslim until the population that supports them finds it too painful to continue doing so and quits.
Hey, it worked in Ireland for the Brits.

Glad to see you coming down firmly on the side of genocide. I would have been a little sad had that not been the case for you...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Echo said:
There's pretty much one in the US right now. When we get liberated from our corrupt government, will you be an insurgent, or will you just sit by and watch?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

:rofl:

Just because your libeal canidate was defeated in an election is no reason to make such retarded alligations....

:rolleyes:

There will be another election in less than 2 years.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Silver said:
Hey, it worked in Ireland for the Brits.

Glad to see you coming down firmly on the side of genocide. I would have been a little sad had that not been the case for you...

Whatever make you happy

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Echo said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That has to be the quote of the century right there.

I'm sure you're enjoying the fact that there's another monkey cut-and-pasting right wing propoganda so you don't have to do all the work... but that doesn't make it not right wing propoganda.
At least I'm actually supporting my arguments with actual essay and articles from people closer to the situation than you or I will ever be......what are you doing besides flinging out feel-good rhetoric? Exactly what time is the unicorn coming by to pick you up on your silver-lined cloud?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Greyhound said:
At least I'm actually supporting my arguments with actual essay and articles from people closer to the situation than you or I will ever be......what are you doing besides flinging out feel-good rhetoric? Exactly what time is the unicorn coming by to pick you up on your silver-lined cloud?
That has to be the first time I've ever heard doomsday conspiracy theories called "feel-good rhetoric."

you may want to select a different listing from your political arguments clever combacks guide.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
kidwoo said:
Oh shlt it's doomsday already?

dammit

I'm sposed to go to whistler.

Please israel: think of the dirt merchant!!!
Even worse news...if the Rapture comes, it probably won't affect liftlines in Whistler very much.

Maybe we can turn all the Calvary Chapels down here into skateparks though...that would be cool.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
N8 said:
It's really the Clinton Newz Netwerk...

Do you wake up every day and know how dumb you are and just go with it or is it something you try to top in subsequent discussions as an ongoing process?

I'm glad bumper stickers exist though so at least you have something meaningful as a point of departure.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
kidwoo said:
Do you wake up every day and know how dumb you are and just go with it or is it something you try to top in subsequent discussions as an ongoing process?

I'm glad bumper stickers exist though so at least you have something meaningful as a point of departure.

time for u to change your bong water?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Greyhound said:
At least I'm actually supporting my arguments with actual essay and articles from people closer to the situation than you or I will ever be......what are you doing besides flinging out feel-good rhetoric?
Really? I've been to several middle eastern countries. I've toured their historic sites, shopped in their villages, laughed with their people, and eaten their food. How about you?

And I've also heard and read enough of your right wing propoganda to recognize it for what it is. It's no better or worse than left wing propoganda. The only thing those assholes writing that sh!t care about is stirring up crap and making noise.

When I say the US government is corrupt, I'm not saying the current administration is corrupt. I'm saying our entire system of government is a dismal failure and an embarrassment. The principles this country was founded on are gone. What was your little smartass quote about a unicorn taking someone to a silver cloud? Look in the mirror.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
kidwoo said:
Time for you get another response to someone pointing out your complete lack of any sort of cognitive capacity whatsoever.

You are the mushbrain that keeps dipshlts like hannity rich. But hey at least he gives you something quick and catchy to quote.

He does? When?

FYI: Hannity is too liberal.

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
Echo said:
Really? I've been to several middle eastern countries. I've toured their historic sites, shopped in their villages, laughed with their people, and eaten their food. How about you?

And I've also heard and read enough of your right wing propoganda to recognize it for what it is. It's no better or worse than left wing propoganda. The only thing those assholes writing that sh!t care about is stirring up crap and making noise.

When I say the US government is corrupt, I'm not saying the current administration is corrupt. I'm saying our entire system of government is a dismal failure and an embarrassment. The principles this country was founded on are gone. What was your little smartass quote about a unicorn taking someone to a silver cloud? Look in the mirror.
Agreed, but I would say that our founding fathers where more corrupt back then, then we are today. Granted our system is not perfect but it probably less corrupt than 95% of all the other governments out there.....

Bottom line is that area of the world has been at war for 3000 years and probably will be for another 3000. That region is so old it has seen super powers come and go (from Rome to the US) and very little has changed. Thinking the modern world can solve the isssue is simply folly. If they were not fighting other countries they would be fighting each other, so on and so on. Kinda like solving crime. No matter what you do, it will always be there.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Echo said:

All right, sparky......so about the only thing you've contributed to this thread so far is a display for your distaste of our government, an inability to recall snappy comments about unicorns and silver clouds, and what you're calling my "right wing propaganda." I posted facts about Hezbolla's involvement in world terror since the late 70's and a few essays by respected writers and rational thinkers on the subject of the thread, and you've apparently pigeon-holed me into a political category. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.... :)
How about you participate in the actual thread discussion and give us your opinion on the situation with Isreal/Hezbolla? I suspect I know the answer already, but go ahead.....suprise me.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Greyhound said:
few essays by respected writers and rational thinkers on the subject of the thread
Sowell, Prager, and Krauthammer?

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard there fella. Townhall.com columnists aren't exactly David Hume, y'know...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Silver said:
Sowell, Prager, and Krauthammer?

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard there fella. Townhall.com columnists aren't exactly David Hume, y'know...
Well....I did say "rational and intelligent", didn't I? ;)

I read a lot of other writers and bloggers. If you want to get "fair and balanced" then just cruise on over to Andrew Sullivan--quite gay and liberal......http://time.blogs.com/daily_dish/
...not hardly a mainstay site for a "right wing propagandist" is it? Of course not, but I go where the information is--no matter what politico-tag you try and label it with, and actually try to glean a sense of understanding of this mess rather than just spiel with no factual backing. Even he is backing Isreal on this one... Exactly what are people smoking that they can't understand where the threat is coming from?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Greyhound said:
I posted facts about Hezbolla's involvement in world terror since the late 70's
Actually, you cut-and-pasted a list of "terrorist acts" that have occurred since the late 70's, and didn't read what you were cut-and-pasting closely enough to realize that about half of it had nothing to do with Hezbolla. Not to mention that many of those terrorist acts were retaliation for acts by the US (such as us giving military and financial support to causes that were none of our damn business).

The US government puts its might behind whomever appears to suit its best interests at the moment over there, then stabs them in the back and labels them as terrorists when they aren't convenient anymore. It's called hypocrisy.

Let's pose a question: Saddam Hussein is on trial right now, and will likely be put to death, because as president, he sent his troops into a hostile area, where they committed atrocities. What do you think the odds are that George W. Bush will be tried for the (alarmingly growing number of) atrocities committed by the troops he commands?

Hypocrisy is what our government has been about for my entire life, and it's only gotten worse.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Andrew Sullivan is quite liberal?

I've got some bad news for you. Besides the fact that he supports gay marriage, he's not a liberal in any way, shape, or form. He's a conservative with an issue that personally affects him. Nancy Reagan and stem cell research, or Rush Limbaugh and privacy would be a couple more examples of that.

The fact that you consider Andrew Sullivan to be "quite gay and liberal" speaks volumes...considering he is gay and not liberal.

Look up. You see that thing with the clouds in it? It's blue.