Quantcast

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Gradkowski suffered a right knee injury late in the first half and coach Tom Cable turned to JaMarcus Russell in the second half, a little less than a month after he benched him in favor of Gradkowski. With Russell in control, the Raiders offense had just 33 total yards and zero points in the second half.

hey Al, I hear that Jeff Garcia is available although he will probably tell you to F.O.:rofl:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Gradkowski suffered a right knee injury late in the first half and coach Tom Cable turned to JaMarcus Russell in the second half, a little less than a month after he benched him in favor of Gradkowski. With Russell in control, the Raiders offense had just 33 total yards and zero points in the second half.

hey Al, I hear that Jeff Garcia is available although he will probably tell you to F.O.:rofl:
I think Gradkowski had 158 yards passing in the first half. I was watching the post game report and they felt Russell is gone after this year. Most likely his career is over with. More than likely he'll start next week, talk about barely having a pulse.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
post game report and they felt Russell is gone after this year. Most likely his career is over with.
i wonder how much of his 31.5 million of guaranteed money he has left?

in five years we will be reading about him knocking over liquor stores.....

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Anyone want a quarterback who citizen watches claims is unstoppable? Only a stress fracture in his one foot.

Why did they trade up for this dolt. San Diego got the better end of the deal.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
There are teams that just won't throw huge cash at rookies, a lot of them end up winning superbowls. Let Al Davis's and Dan Snyder waste their money.
Teams that draft high though have to give huge contracts to rookies or risk not signing them. First rounders get rediculous amounts of money.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
In case anyone was wondering, if you are planning on having a prosperous career in the NFL, it's probably not the best choice to leap into the back of a moving pickup truck to yell at your fiance as she's driving away, pissed off.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Teams that draft high though have to give huge contracts to rookies or risk not signing them. First rounders get rediculous amounts of money.
When was the last time a team didn't sign a first round pick? All it would take is a few teams to not sign their first rounders and I would guarantee rookie salaries would drop significantly. Just seeing a few guys who were expecting a big pay day sitting around for a year not playing and not getting paid would probably scare the rest into signing. Most teams that get the first round picks have horrible management and make the bad call. Paying a huge contract to a flop is probably more detrimental to a team than losing a draft pick.

There are just too many owners like Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones, etc that are like pedophiles in a Beverly Hills middle school. They just can't help themselves around some kid with a huge price tag.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
In case anyone was wondering, if you are planning on having a prosperous career in the NFL, it's probably not the best choice to leap into the back of a moving pickup truck to yell at your fiance as she's driving away, pissed off.
maybe he wanted to spend the rest of his life blinking.