Quantcast

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I loved Rodney Harrison's reaction to Dungy's comment about how Cutler is a better QB than he showed in yesterday's game.

Dungy: Well, Jay Cutler is a much better quarterback than he showed today.
Dan Patrick: Rodney, what's your take?
Rodney: Are you kidding me?!!?? You say that every week...are you two facebook buddies or something?

Week 16 wrap-up (Prior to MNF...):

TB: Apparently, a qb that throws 9 picks and no td's in 2.25 games can pick apart the Seahawks. Not to mention a defensive squad that's 1-12 coming into the game can just shut every weapon down....Which just reinforces my claim last week that I am now a Chargers fan.

Rams: Hopeless. Keith Null? Really? Who?

Texans: Andre Johnson. Rules.

Browns: Proving again that you don't really need a QB to win. Ha!

KC: Hopeless. That Chris Chambers acquisition really worked out well...

Pittsburgh/Green Bay: Both need to find a defense.

Tennessee: Vince Young provides spark. Miami provides kindling.

Raiders: Playing the upset king must be nice lately.

Broncos: Yowza. Where'd the defense disappear to?

Eagles: Heh...maybe this is the year Donovan won't lose an NFC Championship game.

Saints: Dallas? Really? Dallas???

Colts: Hot.

Seahawks: A few bright spots (Justin Forsett, John Carlson) and a whole lotta bad. Painful to watch. I really don't know what it takes to motivate guys that get paid millions to actually do their job, but it would be really nice if they'd show up every now and then.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Saints: Dallas? Really? Dallas???

Colts: Hot.
I suspect that if it really be known, Sean Peyton is probably relieved that it's done, it was to the Cowboys and not someone like say, Tampa and now it focus on Superbowl while everyone else cock holds the Colts.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I loved Rodney Harrison's reaction to Dungy's comment about how Cutler is a better QB than he showed in yesterday's game.

Dungy: Well, Jay Cutler is a much better quarterback than he showed today.
Dan Patrick: Rodney, what's your take?
Rodney: Are you kidding me?!!?? You say that every week...are you two facebook buddies or something?
they are all great QB's before they come to Chicago...im still hoping for QB #20 in 15 years

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Night games are the center of the titty. So awesome.
It was actually butt cold in Charlotte last night, but watching Carolina shut down the Vikings was awesome. I took my wife to her first Carolina game, because she is a long time Vikings fan. She eventually put a beannie over her purple hat. She had a blast though, night games are different.:thumb:

fan note: They were alot of Favre fans at the game last night.
No, I do not mean Minnesota fans, I mean dudes who showed up wearing their cheese heads just to root for Favre. These guys took a wrong turn somewhere on the road of life.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I'm not sure if this is Alanis Morisette-territory irony or just plain ballsy.....or just really stupid.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/122209dnspocowkicker.376c3135c.html

Seriously.....? You're going to trade a sh*tty kicker for another sh*tty kicker who missed a game-winning chip shot against an unbeaten team? Good luck, Cowboys...if you're picking up Redskin cast-offs then I have nothing else to add--the punchline writes itself. :thumb:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
First game wrap-up:

NE: Tom Brady. Yup. Tom Brady.

Carolina: What happened to the vaunted G-men run defense? Jonathan Stewart runs amok and some guy named Matt Moore throws 3 TD's. Playing the role of spoiler is always fun.

GB: Huh...the Seahawks really do suck that bad. 48-10...dear god.

Seattle: Forsett and Carlson should be the only guys brought back next year cause they're the only ones who do anything positive.

Miami: Imploding.

TB: A 3-12 team takes one of the elite teams to OT...I suppose that's why they play the games.

Cincy: Problems with KC? You'll go far in the playoffs....

Cleveland: Jerome Harrison is for real.

Atl: Matt Ryan and Roddy White....looking like Peyton and Marvin.

Houston: Andre Johnson comes to play.

SD: Philip Rivers = Boo YAH!!

Titans: Chris Johnson is pretty bad ass.

Giants: Not so giant anymore.

Buffalo: Should probably move to Canada.

Baltimore: Mistakes. Too many mistakes.

Steelers: Really need all the breaks that they're getting to simply stay afloat...

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
How in God's name do you let a team come back to within 7 points after being ahead by 27 points?!?!?!

Kubiak please go away! No killer instinct with the Texans, should have been 52-0.

But...........Texans still have a playoff chance. But because I own golf clubs, I also have a chance to win the Masters.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
That's not Carolina but the team of aliens that replaced them.
Somebody forgot to tell them that they are out of the playoffs.
Crushed the Vikings last week, and I don't even want to talk about the ass smattering they dropped on the Giants yesterday.
They are playing for something for sure.....pride.....the coaches job.....something.
It bodes well for next year.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Somebody forgot to tell them that they are out of the playoffs.
Crushed the Vikings last week, and I don't even want to talk about the ass smattering they dropped on the Giants yesterday.
They are playing for something for sure.....pride.....the coaches job.....something.
It bodes well for next year.

Chalk it up to finding the right combination of players to get the job done. Sometimes that process takes an NFL team a long, long time before they get it right, and sometimes you lose so many starters in a single season that you're forced to utilize what you have and you find that what you have in reserve ain't actually half bad. I think John Fox did an excellent job of putting focus on the running game when Delhomme's season went south and Matt Moore's success as quarterback was due to the fact that he wasn't on any defensive coordinator's radar and they had no idea what to do about a scheme to contain him. It was a sneak attack by the Panther's and it worked to foil some teams down the stretch. My hope is that they'll stick to the hardnose running game next season and leave Delhomme on the bench.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
oh man, thats where he went?? i was curious who was dumb enough to pick him up when he was released, but then i realized i didnt care.

sorry to hear about your loss
Thanks. He actually hasn't played a down. He showed up and got hurt getting out of the car, I think.

But..great mentor to Shaub...:rolleyes:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
saw this:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/01/07/nfl-standings-for-the-decade-colts-patriots-are-the-best-lion/

interesting. Combined stats of teams for the past decade.

Summary:

Best teams by (wins-losses-ties-pct):
Colts (115-45-0.719)
Patriots (112-48-0-.700 )
tie: Steelers (103-56-1-.648 ) Eagles (103-56-1-.648)

Best by Super Bowl Appearances:
Pats 4
steelers / giants / rams 2 each

Best by Super Bowl Wins:
Pats 3
Steelers 2

Best by # Playoff Appearances:
Colts 9
Eagles 8
Patriots 7
Packers / Giants / Steelers / Ravens 6 each