SoMD
Cincy
Dallas
NE
GB
Texans
1-5.

Saints will roll on Arizona
Indy beats Ravens (though if there is a Karma god, Indy will lose)
SD continues
Dallas beats Vikes and Farve will blame everyone but himself, then cry and retire.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
How sad that the end of the year i was left rooting for the Broncos to fall short of the playoffs since the Seahawks have their first round pick. And no i'm not really excited that Pete Carrol is the new coach...

Sucks to be on the other side of the playoffs but at least i don't have any time conflicts for weekend rides.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Giving up 51 points probably had something to do with the loss as well.
no doubt it obviously did, but things could have been a lot different if those two huge penalties were called correctly. the Packers could of been the one with 51 points

roughing the passer and facemask could have changed it....or it could have been the same outcome

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Brent Farve throws yet another season ending interception

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, I used to New Orleans and I actually have plane tickets to be back there for the Superbowl.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Minnesota wouldn't have even made that championship game without Brett Favre as their QB.
And they sure as hell would not have made it to overtime last night without him. He was the only Viking that did not have his hands coated in astroglide.
Favre last interception was dumb, but the Vikings would have had that game put away before that if their running backs did not mishandle more balls than a 10 thumbed hernia doctor.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Minnesota wouldn't have even made that championship game without Brett Favre as their QB.
Favre did a great job all year but lets face it, that team is awesome. Their defense, O-line and Adrian Peterson are badass? Any decent QB would have gotten them there. They just didn't have a decent QB before Brent.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Say what you want about the Vikes' season, Favre's great year, the RB's slippery hands... all of that. When the game was on the line, Favre shat the bed. He's been a bad playoff QB for years now. The all-time INT leader, the all-time playoff INT leader. He's won as many superbowls as Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson, and only one more than Rex Grossman.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The all-time INT leader, the all-time playoff INT leader.
:rolleyes:

Yadda yadda. Percentage-wise, Favre threw fewer interceptions this year than any year in Steve Young or Joe Montana's careers. His all-time statistic is half a percentage point higher than either of them.

There are lots of statistics. Interceptions are one stat. On the other hand, Favre has substantially more completed passes per game, more yards per game and fewer sacks than either of those two hall-of-famers.

I don't get the Favre-hate. The guy is an undeniably great athlete and one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Yes, he has had his problems. I guess I just don't see why it generates so much hatred towards him.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:rolleyes:

Yadda yadda. Percentage-wise, Favre threw fewer interceptions this year than any year in Steve Young or Joe Montana's careers. His all-time statistic is half a percentage point higher than either of them.

There are lots of statistics. Interceptions are one stat. On the other hand, Favre has substantially more completed passes per game, more yards per game and fewer sacks than either of those two hall-of-famers.

I don't get the Favre-hate. The guy is an undeniably great athlete and one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Yes, he has had his problems. I guess I just don't see why it generates so much hatred towards him.
I liked Favre until all the retired/unretired drama happened. I guess that was as much ESPNs fault than his. I like to hear about the technical aspects of football not the drama side.

His ability to implode at just the right moment is a bit amusing. All year he played really smart football. Worst part about yesterday is that he didn't need to take the risk that he did. All he had to do was throw the ball away or run for a few yards to help a field goal attempt.

Last edited:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
If nothing else, hopefully the ass kicking he took will convince him that 40 year olds should be coaching, not playing.