Quantcast

NFL playoff prediction thread

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
robdamanii said:
Superbowl prediction: Seahawks and Colts (Although I'd like it to be Denver and Seattle).
ditto.

I think the only way for Denver to make it to the SB is for whomever is playing the Colts to jump out to a substantial lead in the first quarter before they get a chance to get rolling in the Divisional Game. Then Denver would host the AFC champ game.

Can anyone in the NFC even compete with Seattle?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
LordOpie said:
IMO, the Bears can compete with them, and
Carolina (depends on which team shows up) Panthers can compete with them. I say this because they are my home team, and I have seen them play all year, and they can be two different teams.
The team that demolishes (First Tampa game, and both Atlanta games) and the team that looks like it should be sponsored by Chico's Bail Bonds (the last Tampa game, which I was at. :dead: )
Plus, out of all the NFC teams, which one has done anything at all in the playoffs in the last couple of years. Only the Panthers, giving the Patriots the best game they could ever ask for in the Superbowl,
and people picked against them all through the playoffs that year too.:)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Jeremy R said:
IMO, the Bears can compete with them, and
Carolina (depends on which team shows up) Panthers can compete with them. I say this because they are my home team, and I have seen them play all year, and they can be two different teams.
The team that demolishes (First Tampa game, and both Atlanta games) and the team that looks like it should be sponsored by Chico's Bail Bonds (the last Tampa game, which I was at. :dead: )
Plus, out of all the NFC teams, which one has done anything at all in the playoffs in the last couple of years. Only the Panthers, giving the Patriots the best game they could ever ask for in the Superbowl,
and people picked against them all through the playoffs that year too.:)
Steve Smith

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
LordOpie said:
The Giants should have beat them in Seattle if their FG kicker didn't CHOKE THREE TIMES.

I really think any of the NFC teams can make it to the Super Bowl. Well, except Carolina.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
The Giants should have beat them in Seattle if their FG kicker didn't CHOKE THREE TIMES.

I really think any of the NFC teams can make it to the Super Bowl. Well, except Carolina.
has Feely been on the team the whole year, or is he a recent sign-ee because the kicking game was so awful?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
DRB said:
What was that score again? Oh that's right 27-17.
What score?

*checks Carolina's schedule*

Are you referring to the week two win vs New England? That's all fine, but if you are trying to rub that in my face, I am not a Pats fan. :blah:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I predict that I won't watch any of the playoff games, and for the superbowl I'll end up at a cool party but won't watch the game.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
narlus said:
not with this douchebag on the sidelines:

steelers are hungry and being overlooked, they will overpower any team in the nfl right now, as long as they dont turn the ball over too much and lock the defense down against the pass.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
manhattanprjkt83 said:
steelers are hungry and being overlooked, they will overpower any team in the nfl right now, as long as they dont turn the ball over too much and lock the defense down against the pass.
doesn't bode well then...Cincy led the NFL by far in the giveaway/takeaway stats...+25 compared to Pitt's +7

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
doesn't bode well then...Cincy led the NFL by far in the giveaway/takeaway stats...+25 compared to Pitt's +7
Cincy doesn't have a great rush defense and Pittsburgh has been running for upwards of 200 yards a game the last 5-6 weeks. If Pittsburgh's got their running game going, Cincy's offense won't be on the field long enough to put that pass attack to work. Pittsburgh will pound away with their running game, and I don't know if Cincy is tough enough to be able to handle it. I think Pittsburgh can be dangerous in these playoffs.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I Are Baboon said:
Cincy doesn't have a great rush defense and Pittsburgh has been running for upwards of 200 yards a game the last 5-6 weeks. If Pittsburgh's got their running game going, Cincy's offense won't be on the field long enough to put that pass attack to work. Pittsburgh will pound away with their running game, and I don't know if Cincy is tough enough to be able to handle it. I think Pittsburgh can be dangerous in these playoffs.
Cincy doesn't need much time to score.

Pittsburgh is perpetually that "dangerous" team.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I'd like to see Pigeons, err I mean Seahawks v. Colts in the Superbowl - and since I'm from Seattle - Seahawks winning it all.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I Are Baboon said:
Thank You! That is what im trying to say, the Indy and Seatle glam is getting alot of attention right now and keeping Pittsburgh off the radar. They are a total in your face team that is real about how hard they have to play after the small loosing streak that almost kept them out of the playoffs.

Go Steelers.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
DRB said:
Cincy doesn't need much time to score.
And? For every two minute scoring drive they have, Pittsburgh will match it with an eight minute one.

Pittsburgh is perpetually that "dangerous" team.
Yeah, because they are always in the playoffs. Playoff teams are usually considered dangerous.

I just think Pittsburgh is being overlooked.