Quantcast

NFL playoff prediction thread

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
robdamanii said:
Two of them really belong to Vinetari (without him, they'd never have either one of them).
I don't remember Vinetari kicking a 77 yard field goal to beat the Panthers in 2003. I thought it was a 41 yard field goal. And since I'm pretty sure it wasn't a 77 yard field goal, I wonder how the ball got from their 40 to the Carolina 23.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DRB said:
I don't remember Vinetari kicking a 77 yard field goal to beat the Panthers in 2003. I thought it was a 41 yard field goal. And since I'm pretty sure it wasn't a 77 yard field goal, I wonder how the ball got from their 40 to the Carolina 23.
Teh winnAr.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
robdamanii said:
Really, what was the last big move NE mader? Dillon. And he's turned out to be quite a bit less than was expected. They traded away Ty Law, who is one of the better corners in the NFL. Why? Cap issues.
Seeing as how we're all ripping on you, I thought I'd chime in.

Dillon, when healthy, makes the NE offense all that much better. If Dillon had been healthy for the earlier game against Indy, I'm pretty sure they would've won. Anyway, he's (somewhat) healthy now, and certainly a player they're glad to have on the team.

Law wasn't traded. He hit unrestricted free agency. He had lost a step, but wanted money like he was still in his prime. In fact, what he demanded from NE isn't even what he got from NYJ. Chances are the Jets will release him this offseason due to cap issues (read: overpaid for a good, but not great db).

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
biggins said:
carolina is gonna beat chicago. thats all i know.
bwhwhaha BEARS. did you watch the mighty bears almost kill jake delhomme- he was getting under two seconds before he had someone in his face and that was with kyle orton. SUPER BEARS SUPER BOWL.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
greenchris said:
bwhwhaha BEARS. did you watch the mighty bears almost kill jake delhomme- he was getting under two seconds before he had someone in his face and that was with kyle orton. SUPER BEARS SUPER BOWL.
Carolina: Defense is hot. Offense is hitting its stride with a newly-discovered running game.

Chicago: Defense is hot. Offense is bleh.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Carolina over Chicago
Seattle over Washington
Indy over Pittsburgh
Denver over New England
Eggs over Easy

as my bonus pick of the week.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Skookum said:
i really think Denver can take Indy, but i really wouldn't be suprised to see a Pittsburgh upset over Indy.
It's all becoming so clear.

Seattle over Carolina
Denver over Pittsburgh
Roll over Rover

is my bonus pick

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
binary visions said:
Carolina over Chicago
Seattle over Washington
Indianapolis over Pittsburgh
New England over Denver
Bah, 2 for 4.

Next week's picks:

Carolina over Seattle
Pittsburgh over Denver

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i was 2 for 4, but really did think that Pitt would knock off Indy today.

i think carolina will win (though i guess i'd like to know the status of foster and alexander), and i haven't decided about Denver or Pitt.

i guess just on principle i'll take Pitt.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
narlus said:
i was 2 for 4, but really did think that Pitt would knock off Indy today.

i think carolina will win (though i guess i'd like to know the status of foster and alexander), and i haven't decided about Denver or Pitt.

i guess just on principle i'll take Pitt.
Foster has a broken ankle and is out
Alexander will play according to the Seahawks

Seattle over Carolina
Pittsburgh over Denver

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
seattle and chicago had 2 of the easier schedules this year...we'll see what happens from here on out, and chances are good that the eastern teams will come out on top.

although Carolina better hope nick goings doesn't get hurt....damn, both davis and foster out can't be good for their chances.