Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2005

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
You know, it's not like it's pastries and muffins. We're talking sausage, waffles, pancakes, eggs, coffee....mmmmmmmmmm.......
Breakfast quesadillas will be served at Site #14 ! :drool:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Speaking of which, MBC and I took that whole week off (18th-22nd). No plans, other than riding our butts off around CT all week, capped off by the Monkeyfest weekend. :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
Speaking of which, MBC and I took that whole week off (18th-22nd). No plans, other than riding our butts off around CT all week, capped off by the Monkeyfest weekend. :)
That's awesome!! I'm taking a 1/2 day on Fri. the 22nd, and then have Sat., Sun., Mon., Tues. off. Should pull into Monkey Camp around 5pm on Friday. Douglas is supposed to be riding up with me as well. Of course, it wouldn't take much for me to just say F' it and take Friday off all together. :devil: We'll see...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
you forgot about recovering from Pats Peak! :blah:
Hmmmm....yeah, I am not too sure about that race...
MMcG said:
Nice Babs!

I was contemplating doing the same thing, but I'm not sure yet.
Well if you take any of those days off, let us know. :cool:
McGRP01 said:
That's awesome!! I'm taking a 1/2 day on Fri. the 22nd, and then have Sat., Sun., Mon., Tues. off. Should pull into Monkey Camp around 5pm on Friday. Douglas is supposed to be riding up with me as well. Of course, it wouldn't take much for me to just say F' it and take Friday off all together. :devil: We'll see...
Cool. MBC and I will get up there Friday afternoon. I want to get some riding in Friday when we arrive. I took Monday the 25th off too.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:

I vote you say F' it !!!!!!!!!!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I'll have that friday off. Plan on heading up that morning. I'm betting we'll have a better breakfast than any B&B. maybe some bloody marys with our breakfast.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Crazy Sweeper said:
I'll have that friday off. Plan on heading up that morning. I'm betting we'll have a better breakfast than any B&B. maybe some bloody marys with our breakfast.
Bloody Marys... :drool:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Tim at KTA said:
If looking for somewhere to stay: Algonquin Lodge (the old Grange Hall) right next to the ball field on Kingdom trails, has large living area can sleep 20 or so. Great deck, kitchen, like a nicely furnished hostel. reasonable rate. Contact John Desmond about rental. john_desmond@king-content.com :help: :help:
Thanks Tim! And welcome to the :monkey: !! ( :dancing: ;) )

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Crazy Sweeper said:
Anybody bringing non riding significant others on this trip?
I thought about bringing my wife and daughter, but honestly I think they would be bored out of their minds. Not much to do in E. Burke.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Crazy Sweeper said:
:thumb:

Doug, you still joining us at 'Nam on the 22nd?....We need to get our menu worked out. mmmmm. Beer, Steaks, grilled hot italian sausage, more beer, blueberry pancakes, bloody mary's. :drool:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
berkshire_rider said:
Too bad Mark can't come for 'Nam. I believe Doug is planning to stop on the way back from the Cape for the 'Nam ride. :confused:
Well mark only said he is not sure. I thought Doug was spending a whole week at the Cape. Eh, what the hell do I know?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
MMcG's freedom weekend:

5/20: Case Mountain
5/21: Soapstone Mountain
5/22: Vietnam

I don't think Doug is joining us. He'll be at Cape Cod. I don't think MMcG is riding Nam that day, either.
Ahhh...I thought Steve was refering to July 22nd. Last I knew Doug was riding up to Monkeyfest with me on that Friday. I thought Steve was implying he was blow me off to go ride 'Nam. (Not that I would blame him... )

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
MMcG's freedom weekend:

5/20: Case Mountain
5/21: Soapstone Mountain
5/22: Vietnam

I don't think Doug is joining us. He'll be at Cape Cod. I don't think MMcG is riding Nam that day, either.

I haven't ruled out Nam - but that's as far as I can go right now with that date.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Hey all!
The KT are friggin sweet this season! I rode 20+ miles this weekend and they are in great condition. John (from East Burke Sports) has been working feverishly on lots of new trails. There is a new map out with trails that arene't even completed yet! They should all be in by July though.

Some of our old secret favorites are now public, and there are great things on the horizon! Don't plan on taking the same loops as last year! :nope:

Here is a shameless plug! Come up for the first weekend in June (National Trails Day), help build new trails Saturday morning, then there will be a free barbeque in town. Do some late afternoon riding on Saturday and go for a full tour on Sunday! :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
berkshire_rider said:
:thumb:

Doug, you still joining us at 'Nam on the 22nd?....We need to get our menu worked out. mmmmm. Beer, Steaks, grilled hot italian sausage, more beer, blueberry pancakes, bloody mary's. :drool:
add pringle's & beef jerky and it sounds about right!

Doug's schedule:

5/20: Riding Soapstone & BBQ at the IAB/MBC's
5/20 night: cape cod
5/21: Wedding
5/22: Riding Nam w/a hang over
7/22: driving to KT w/McGRP01, Ride KT
7/23: Ride KT & get Mark really drunk on his Bday
7/24: Ride KT

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
add pringle's & beef jerky and it sounds about right!

Doug's schedule:

5/21: Riding Soapstone & BBQ at the IAB/MTB's
5/21 night: cape cod
5/22: Wedding
5/23: Riding Nam w/a hang over
7/22: driving to KT w/McGRP01
7/23: KT
7/24: KT
You forgot to put "Celebrate MMcG's birthday on 7/23! :D :dancing: :D