Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2005

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
wooglin said:
There's always cow tipping. Hell, it doesn't get any better than that.
Thats true. I lived in VT for 18 years so I know what there is to do in the state. Anyway it doesn't matter, we'll have fun. beer, riding, and food. Actually since it'll be Mark's birthday, why don't we do some Mark tipping?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Crazy Sweeper said:
Thats true. I lived in VT for 18 years so I know what there is to do in the state. Anyway it doesn't matter, we'll have fun. beer, riding, and food. Actually since it'll be Mark's birthday, why don't we do some Mark tipping?
I'm pretty good at tipping over without anyone's help actually. ;) I've done it numerous times on a bicycle as well as IAB and MBC can attest to. ;)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
johnbryanpeters said:
Snake Mountain ate my left arm today - ulna's broken in two places. May or may not require metal.
In traditional form, rode down to get off the mountain.
Dude! That sucks! I think you will be healed in time for monkeyfest though :)

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Bummer jbp! Good job on riding out, but it probably didn't help matters in the long run, huh?

Think healing thoughts.....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
johnbryanpeters said:
Fack fack fack fack fack! :mumble:
Snake Mountain ate my left arm today - ulna's broken in two places. May or may not require metal.
In traditional form, rode down to get off the mountain.
So much for m'fest...
Fack fack fack fack fack! :mumble:
:eek: Yikes! Dare I ask for pics? Heal up fast :thumb:

Thanks, folks.

Don't know about pix, Theresa, I can ask for a copy of the x-ray image... I'll see what happens tomorrow.

splat, there's not too much of a story I can tell, other than the terrain on the Snake being steep, rocky, and wet. I was on a steep fast descent and lost it - some of the crew thought I hit a tree; I have no idea, just got up with the now familiar sore arm and slightly numb hand.

J

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
johnbryanpeters said:
Thanks, folks.

Don't know about pix, Theresa, I can ask for a copy of the x-ray image... I'll see what happens tomorrow.

splat, there's not too much of a story I can tell, other than the terrain on the Snake being steep, rocky, and wet. I was on a steep fast descent and lost it - some of the crew thought I hit a tree; I have no idea, just got up with the now familiar sore arm and slightly numb hand.

J
Where'd you eat it on Snake?

I cracked a helmet up there once. Aired out off of a waterbar, hit the leaf-covered ground a bit sideways and went down immediately onto my face. Ahhhhh, I love that place.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
johnbryanpeters said:
Thanks, folks.

J
FACK :(

JRogers said:
Where'd you eat it on Snake?

I cracked a helmet up there once. Aired out off of a waterbar, hit the leaf-covered ground a bit sideways and went down immediately onto my face. Ahhhhh, I love that place.
Someplace in the Triple-X nest of trails. Left hand turn into a bunch of turning ledge drops, with a long final runout. Had the fork locked out (!) entering the section, Herbie hollered at me, I stopped in the middle, unlocked the fork and dropped into the final descent and lost it someplace in the runout. Armor would have helped this time, I think.

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
Hi All. I'm mostly a forum lurker...but being a N'Easter, and just returning from a nice 3 day w/end up at KT, I wanted to quickly share a tidbit or two.

Firstly, the trails, including The previously mentioned NEW trails are lookin' great! Luckily, We had a local take us around, and what a difference when you NEVER have to take a map out - just KEEP goin'! He linked up some real memorable rides.

Secondly, Dead Moose Alley get's to keep it's namesake AGAIN. Yes, another moose fell in the well this spring, let's just say that section of trail was "smelly".

And third...my wife LOVES this place, and it would be pretty easy to convince another visit. If I can figure out a way to get up for the 22nd, I'd love to join you guys/gals for a ride...if not this year, maybe next year.

CP

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
just thought I'd bump this to remind those that are going, and maybe start convincing some more to go.

Personally, I think it would be awesome if the monkeys totally took over the camp grounds that weekend.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
sounds like a good time to get my dad on a bike for a while. i still need to bring him to the shop to get him a bike.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
doh! just realized ill be in ct for my sisters/cousins grad party that weekend. i guess ill have to visit the kingdom trails some other time.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Is there a semi-final list of who's going and when?

I can't go through all the 300+ posts... :dead:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jozz said:
Is there a semi-final list of who's going and when?

I can't go through all the 300+ posts... :dead:
per johnny:

I Are Baboon
MtnBikerChk
MMcG and girlfriend
BikeGeek
McGRP01
Douglas
Echo (with other Jackalopes?)
Crazy Sweeper
johnbryanpeters
pigboy
jdcamb
berkshire rider
TreeSaw
splat (maybe)
JerseyDave
Wooglin, unspecified Lemming Lurkers
Herb B., lurking senior scientist

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
So what's the schedule...

When is the big ride?

I might be able to pop in for the TOTAL, party, and sleep in the cube somewhere...

Let me know!

J.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Neglider sold his place, so most peeps will be at the campground, McGRP01 & I both have Friday off - I'd guess we'd get there by 1 or so, itching to ride

check the very 1st post in the thread - johnbry has some updated info there