Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2005

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
BikeGeek said:
With the number of lean-tos we have reserved, there should be room for anyone who wants to come.
Thats what I wanted to hear... since it will probably be last minute!

Hopefully the sat morning ride won't be too early... ;)

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I believe I have that friday off as well, I can probably be up pretty early friday (or did I reserve thursday night?). I just have a straight shot up 91. So I know treesaw and I bring plenty of food, is this going to be a big eating fest too? In between drinking/riding of course.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Crazy Sweeper said:
I believe I have that friday off as well, I can probably be up pretty early friday (or did I reserve thursday night?).
Come on the lemming ride then....

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
treesaw is having a squirrel's baby?!?

ooh lemming ride sounds cool.

we should have a drunken relay bike race. Or does that sound like a bad idea?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
TreeSaw said:
LOL! Drunken biking down Moose Alley at night is quite fun....trust me!!! :devil:
Fun drunken night shuttle

Pavement road climb from campground
Owl's Peak
Dead Moose Abuse
Dead Moose Alley
Upper Magill
Gravel Road
Magill Field
Mosse Alley

Back to camp to wipe drool and big grin off faces.

:drool:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jozz said:

Owl's Peak
Dead Moose Abuse
Dead Moose Alley
Upper Magill
Gravel Road
Magill Field
Mosse Alley

ok, so now you have to go to be ride leader !!! :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Jozz said:

Owl's Peak
Dead Moose Abuse
Dead Moose Alley
Upper Magill
Gravel Road
Magill Field
Mosse Alley

Sounds to me that Jozz may have already experienced this ride scenario last weekend while we were in Dalton!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
MMcG said:
Sounds to me that Jozz may have already experienced this ride scenario last weekend while we were in Dalton!
:sneaky:

Sure did!

Finally got the balls to do that 5 footer on Moose Alley :evil:

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
I haven't trolled through the 25 pages of this thread, but are the dates still July 22-24, and if WTGPhoben and/or I wanted to come do you guys have extra camping sites registered?

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
Barbaton said:
I haven't trolled through the 25 pages of this thread, but are the dates still July 22-24, and if WTGPhoben and/or I wanted to come do you guys have extra camping sites registered?
And I don't know if Barbaton mentioned it, but he's Riding RAGBRAI 24-30th, so if 22-24 remains the date, I'd be out a carpool ride :dead: Is that still the official date, I noticed there was some discussion on the issue?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Barbaton said:

look at the 1st post for updates, and I think your best bet is to reserve a camp site

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
douglas said:
as far as I know there's only 4 sites reserved, and if 30 people show up...not good
Right! I didn't mean everyone should just show up. I was just saying that if Jozz should find at the last minute that he is able to come to MF, then he should come and we'll find room for him. :)

For the record, lean-tos can comfortably hold 4 to 6 people, depending on the amount of gear and how cozy you want to get. If you're planning on stowing bikes in the lean-to as well, figure maybe 3 people and gear.

douglas said:
as far as I know there's only 4 sites reserved, and if 30 people show up...not good
This may still be available...
Tim at KTA said:
If looking for somewhere to stay: Algonquin Lodge (the old Grange Hall) right next to the ball field on Kingdom trails, has large living area can sleep 20 or so. Great deck, kitchen, like a nicely furnished hostel. reasonable rate. Contact John Desmond about rental. john_desmond@king-content.com :help: :help:

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
johnbryanpeters said:
Pigboy's supposed to land at BTV 21st. :dancing:
I am landing at BTV on the 21st. ticket confirmed. today celebration included hitting thumb with hammer until bleeding. i am still Bloody Ben.

last year's neck injury is still bothering me. i will not be attempting any big drops this year. I am still stupid enough to jump though.

is anyone planning on bringing jumps to the campground?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Hmmm...does anyone know if there are still campsites available? I am still unsure if I can go but I'd like to. I do have low standards (sleeping in car or on ground outside is A-OK).

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
JRogers said:
Hmmm...does anyone know if there are still campsites available? I am still unsure if I can go but I'd like to. I do have low standards (sleeping in car or on ground outside is A-OK).
Not sure? If there are any still available, I'm sure they'll be gone before much longer!! Give them a buzz... Campground office 802-626-3322 or 802-626-1390 or email: rjburke@wildmail.com

http://www.skiburke.com/campground.html