Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2005

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I'm stoshing on MF. :( Some unforeseen expenses came up and I just can't afford to pay for both right now. You wouldn't believe how bummed I am. I've been looking forward to this MF since leaving last year's MF.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
BikeGeek said:
I'm stoshing on MF. :( Some unforeseen expenses came up and I just can't afford to pay for both right now. You wouldn't believe how bummed I am. I've been looking forward to this MF since leaving last year's MF.
:eek: Is there someone you can send your beer up with? :think:

Seriously though, that suxors!!! :(

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
BikeGeek said:
That sux Tim! I was lookin forward to riding with ya again :(

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
who's bringing grills? Also, I've got a propane deep fryer if anybody is up for some turkey. It's on me.

And, I have a good friend that just started riding, how would he fare at the kingdom trails? Can I bring him along? He totally expects to get his ass kicked.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Crazy Sweeper said:
And, I have a good friend that just started riding, how would he fare at the kingdom trails? Can I bring him along? He totally expects to get his ass kicked.
As long as his fitness is average he'll be able to keep up with me! :D

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Crazy Sweeper said:
who's bringing grills? Also, I've got a propane deep fryer if anybody is up for some turkey. It's on me.

Kingdom Trails is A LOT less technical than what we ride in Mass. and Ct. The trails for the most part are fast with some roots and climbing thrown in. I don't remember very many rocks from last year, when I was there.

A cooking stove is probably a good idea, but a grill isn't necessary. All the campsites have fire rings, which I remember being half barrels with a flip-down grate for cooking on. You would probably be better off bringing some matches, firewood, pans, pots, and some foil for cooking on.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Not sure. I think our plans as of now are to do breakfast and lunch at the campsite and go out for dinner both Friday and Saturday. Nothing is set in stone, except we plan on doing a lot of riding and drinking. :evil:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I Are Baboon said:
I have ridden on dirt a grant total of zero times since Dalton, so I am looking forward to some slooooooow paced rides next weekend. :)
of course... :devil:

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
BikeGeek said:
After riding with you and Deyv a couple of times now, I don't think the English word "slow" translates well to French. :D
Yes, Deyv is an animal. Don't ever listen if he says he will take it easy.

Wish I was going this year! I had a great time last year and met a bunch of cool people :)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Echo said:
When did you get the new forx?
Canibalized the Blur... since it was out of comission anyway...

Took front fork and brake + pedals and wheels.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Jozz said:
Canibalized the Blur... since it was out of comission anyway...

Took front fork and brake + pedals and wheels.
Aha. I'm always moving parts from bike to bike. The only parts that stay in place are the SS cranks and the SS rear wheel :D

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Echo said:
Aha. I'm always moving parts from bike to bike. The only parts that stay in place are the SS cranks and the SS rear wheel :D
BTW, how many Jackalopes should we expect at MFIII??

Mike?
Ralph?
Others?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Crazy Sweeper said:

Sure...the trails aren't technical and it's all about having fun. As for deep fried turkey :drool: that's a staple at our deck party so I know that it's quite enjoyed!

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
johnbryanpeters said:
Someone might need to bring a spare ss for pigboy if we want him to suffer sufficiently - sounds like his will not arrive on time...

aye. the SS was not built in time to ship to m-fest. it is at my house waiting to be ridden. too much last minute stuff going on getting ready for this trip.....

i've been trying to find time for training rides for days now. obviously i need a light so i can ride at night.