Quantcast

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
LMAO.... Working Man Blues... HAHAHAHAH!

i don't agree with "Hello Pitty", but that video was GREAT!

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I mostly come here for the amusing arguments and personally don't want in. I'm not sure if you are saying we should do this, or are doing this, but if it's the former, this is a bad example. Veterans, especially those who have served during a time of war, have access to VA (Department of Veterans Affairs) benefits under which their health care and, often, medications are covered.
I think the issue is that we (as a country, maybe not as individuals) all "support the troops" while they fight, then bitch that we spend $$$ treating them for life afterwards should things go south for them. It's easy to support the troops when they leave to fight, much harder to support them when they get back.

Not to mention the treatment at the VA isn't exactly 5 star compared to private coverage.

But the argument I hear (that makes me want to punch people in the face) is "They knew the risk when they signed up for combat, so they assumed that themselves". Where is your sense of personal responsibility now?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I just think it's awesome how many on RM are stepping aside and letting Montashu field this one. I am actually kinda proud right now.

Go get em tiger!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
On top of that the insert you attached talks about Diabetes, infant mortality and life expectancy. Coincidently the US has the highest rate of obesity in the world...hmm guess what the health effects of this is. We lack personal responsibility in this country, period. Read into that what you want.
Actually, the US isn't the fattest anymore, and Australia, NZ, and Canada are all in the same ballpark.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just think it's awesome how many on RM are stepping aside and letting Montashu field this one. I am actually kinda proud right now.

Go get em tiger!
I'm so proud. Go Mooshu Go!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Well I'll be dipped in sh!t. Obesity is the new democracy?
I was in a Subway in Perth last week and I got my sammich and asked for a small coke. I got handed this bucket and said I wanted a small coke, she said "that is a small", I half filled it and it was plenty. The idea of portion control is equated with a lack of value for money. I put on 2 kilograms as soon as the plane lands.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Mark 4:1-20; 26-32
“And these are the ones sown on the good soil: they hear the word and
accept it an bear fruit, thirty, sixty and a hundredfold.”
To the hungry, peasant farmers listening to Jesus tell this parable, the promise of such a miraculous, bountiful harvest would have meant one thing.
It wouldn’t have meant riches. And it wouldn’t have meant finally having enough to food for the family table.
To a tenant farmer whose yields were taxed mercilessly by landowners to keep them in perpetual servitude, it would have meant only one thing.
Freedom.
Freedom from the ruling class who swooped down to steal away enough of the sower’s seed to ensure the farmer’s debt to the landowners would continue for another season.
Freedom from the religious, temple elites, who in order to maintain their comfortable lifestyles and keep favor with the ruling class – rose up like thorny brambles and in their lust for wealth – to keep peasants poor by demanding extortionistic temple taxes and mandatory tithes for access to the temple.
Freedom from the Empire, who at the first sniff of rebellion, might rise up like the oppressive Palestinian sun and set fire to their fields and harvests with the Roman’s crippling, scorched-earth policy.
In the midst of these harsh realities, Jesus offers the tantalizing, impossibility of the benevolent Reign of God with its liberating harvests over against the oppressive regime of Rome with its enslaving economic tactics. To the realists and the doubters quoting the wisdom of the world that those that have much get more, Jesus offers the mysterious eschatological hope of the Reign of God, in which the earth produces by itself, in which even the smallest mustard seed – or tiny band of radical revolutionaries – might grow into the greatest of all shrubs with strong, just branches.
So often, when we hear this well-worn parable, we cast ourselves in the role of the sower, or perhaps even, in the role of the soil. Rarely might we consider that we are the thorns than choke, that we are the birds that steal away the seed, that we are the sun that burns up the land.
But, indeed, we are Rome. Our appetite for steak steals away grain that could feed the five thousand – and more! Our lust for wealth – through cheap, subsidized food produced through massive plantations – chokes out the small, family farmer struggling on the land, in America and around the world. The sun of our Empire never sets, scorching the earth with bombings ordered by politicians and through toxic corporations abusing the land and the people in poverty- and debt-stricken countries.
In this time of Lent, of self-examination and penitence, may we have the courage to listen and hear what Jesus is saying in this parable, to the poor of the world, and to the rich.
http://unorthodoxology.blogspot.com/2010/03/parable-of-sower-political-critique-of.html
Andyman, your certainly more qualified to critique this than any of the other heathens or apostates (myself) here. Comments/rebuttal?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
funny. i've said a few times already that these guys are waiting for Robin Hood to save them.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/10/20/occupy-crew-readies-new-robin-hood-march/

We take from the rich and give to the poor. Why do I have a feeling that Fox News is going to have a field day with Occupy Wall Street’s Act II?

On Oct. 29, from the guys who brought us the now famous (or infamous) Occupy Wall Street movement comes the Robin Hood movement. It will take to the streets of France on the eve of the G20 meeting in hopes to convince leaders to impose a 1% tax on some global financial transaction, like derivatives contracts (think credit default swaps, options and futures), to help state’s recover from the 2008 crash.

The Robin Hood protest is expected to be a single day event and is part of the general Occupy Wall Street movement which got its start in the offices of Adbusters magazine in Vancouver, Canada this summer.

Editors and their followers, known as “culture jammers”, hope the Robin Hood protest is larger than the pre-Iraq War protest of February 15, 2003, which brought out an estimated 15 million people worldwide. While that protest didn’t stop the war, on the contrary, the first bombs flew a month later over Baghdad, the movement hopes to convince policy makers that Main Street is fed up and has solutions to the problem.

From the Adbusters briefing posted on line Oct. 17:

Alright you redeemers, rebels and radicals out there,

“We’re living through a magical moment…Occupy Wall Street has catalyzed into an international insurgency for democracy. The mood at our assemblies is electric. People who go there are drawn into a Gandhian spirit of camaraderie and hope for a new kind of future. Across the globe the 99% are marching! You have inspired more than you know. People are digging into Act One of the long Spring. It’s now time to amp up the edgy theatrics … deviant pranks, subversive performances and playful détournements of all kinds. Open your insurrectionary imagination. Anything, from a bottom-up transformation of the global economy to changing the way we eat, the way we get around, the way we live, love and communicate. Be the spark that sustains a global revolution of everyday life! As the movement matures, lets consider a response to our critics. Let’s occupy the core of our global system. Let’s dethrone the greed that defines this new century. Let’s work to define our one great demand.”

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Just an observation perhaps if these ?alleged? (the gal at :36 and the smokin' brunette at :41 is the exception) hot chicks of wall street protest would not have job stoppers tattoos all over their body not use their face as a pin cushion dump the multiple ear piercings/holes ditch the george clinton rainbow hair color not smell like sweaty feet, patchouli and skunk weed then perhaps they too could join the rest of us at #occupyyourjob

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just an observation perhaps if these “alleged” (the gal at :36 and the smokin' brunette at :41 is the exception) hot chicks of wall street protest would not have job stoppers tattoos all over their body not use their face as a pin cushion dump the multiple ear piercings/holes ditch the george clinton rainbow hair color not smell like sweaty feet, patchouli and skunk weed then perhaps they too could join the rest of us at #occupyyourjob
The more you post, the more I support the secession of Texas. As it is now, the US Military cannot be used against it's own people. However, once your backwards ass state is no longer part of the union then we can begin carpet bombing you and the rest of the tards.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Just an observation perhaps if these “alleged” (the gal at :36 and the smokin' brunette at :41 is the exception) hot chicks of wall street protest would not have job stoppers tattoos all over their body not use their face as a pin cushion dump the multiple ear piercings/holes ditch the george clinton rainbow hair color not smell like sweaty feet, patchouli and skunk weed then perhaps they too could join the rest of us at #occupyyourjob
Don't fear, I have a good link for you too. ACTUALLY, YOU'RE THE 47% Go pitch a tent to the others that claim they are some where between 47-53% happy with a$$ rape.

Or perhaps something educational from The Tea Party following.

FWIW I enjoyed that video.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Welcome to freedom; you are free to look any way you want, and employers are free to decide whom to hire. All the beautiful delicate flowers need to consider that farmers put more energy into growing plain uniform stalks of corn. That said, I've managed to find a place that tolerates my occasional mohawk and nail polish ways, and they know about my hooking and band activities. I've also always been prepared to make alterations, as needed, and have avoided ink and jewelry.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
YAY!!!!! New site retard!!!!! This fool is waaayyyyyy dumber than me

Let me define the term job stopper, it is a tattoo that prevents you from getting a job. Sleeves, not job stoppers. I don't know how ya'll in texas do but here in the rest of the country, we wear these shirt things. They do a fantastic job of covering tattoos. I didn't see a single face, neck and or hand tattoo.

As for the piercings, I've for 3/4 inch holes in the side of my head, and had 2 other holes in my face. Yet, I still seem to have got job offers for every single job I have ever interviewed for

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
I about fell out of my chair... a discussion that didn't end up in a shouting match from either side unbelievable.

Hey no worries though Rick Perry is proposing his flat tax If you make under $36,500 you are exempt so save me ?it will hurt the poor? crap right now the progressive tax rate is totally unfair PERIOD.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
the progressive tax rate is totally unfair PERIOD.
Only pussies complain about fairness in life. Get over it, cupcake.

Economics aren't about fairness, they're about maximizing GDP. It turns out that a progressive tax actually puts MORE money into the pockets of the wealthy over the long term by encouraging economic growth. The rich stop getting rich if the masses can't afford to buy ****.

The only question worth answering is what should the shape of that progressive curve look like, and the last 10 years of trial and error have shown pretty much definitively that it should be steeper than it is right now. Sorry it's not fair, but those are the facts. How will you deal with it when your two favorite words (facts and fair) disagree with each other?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Yup. People who complain about a progressive tax rate are ignorant of how punitive a flat tax would be to the poor in order for it to work. I think it is a case of marketing tactics. The simplicity of it is what draws people in. Speaking of marketing, the current tax structure could just as easily be called a regressive tax rate; the top bracket is the starting point, and people are given a discount to help them when they have lower income. Seeing as how much of the right wing is composed of Christians, the "brothers' keeper" aspect of that spin should sit well with them.

Only pussies complain about fairness in life. Get over it, cupcake.

Economics aren't about fairness, they're about maximizing GDP. It turns out that a progressive tax actually puts MORE money into the pockets of the wealthy over the long term by encouraging economic growth. The rich stop getting rich if the masses can't afford to buy ****.

The only question worth answering is what should the shape of that progressive curve look like, and the last 10 years of trial and error have shown pretty much definitively that it should be steeper than it is right now. Sorry it's not fair, but those are the facts. How will you deal with it when your two favorite words (facts and fair) disagree with each other?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
YAY!!!!! New site retard!!!!! This fool is waaayyyyyy dumber than me

Let me define the term job stopper, it is a tattoo that prevents you from getting a job. Sleeves, not job stoppers. I don't know how ya'll in texas do but here in the rest of the country, we wear these shirt things. They do a fantastic job of covering tattoos. I didn't see a single face, neck and or hand tattoo.

As for the piercings, I've for 3/4 inch holes in the side of my head, and had 2 other holes in my face. Yet, I still seem to have got job offers for every single job I have ever interviewed for
yup. my sleeve hasn't had any impact whatsoever on my job prospects. It's an easy fix - BAM long sleeve shirt.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Yup. People who complain about a progressive tax rate are ignorant of how punitive a flat tax would be to the poor in order for it to work. I think it is a case of marketing tactics. The simplicity of it is what draws people in. Speaking of marketing, the current tax structure could just as easily be called a regressive tax rate; the top bracket is the starting point, and people are given a discount to help them when they have lower income. Seeing as how much of the right wing is composed of Christians, the "brothers' keeper" aspect of that spin should sit well with them.
I've never quite figured out how progressive tax rates aren't "fair"? I mean, if we really wanted everyone to pay the same amount, then we'd require $10k per man, woman and child in this country. Just because someone's a multi-gazzilionaire doesnt mean that they use the same roads differently than I do, or enjoy more freedom that our military provides, or more government services... Having taxes at a percentage of income already means some people will pay far, far, far more than others, and now we're just quibbling about the details.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I've never quite figured out how progressive tax rates aren't "fair"? I mean, if we really wanted everyone to pay the same amount, then we'd require $10k per man, woman and child in this country. Just because someone's a multi-gazzilionaire doesnt mean that they use the same roads differently than I do, or enjoy more freedom that our military provides, or more government services... Having taxes at a percentage of income already means some people will pay far, far, far more than others, and now we're just quibbling about the details.
Why do you hate freedom fag?