Quantcast

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
To be expected, but I doubt that administrators seeking to cover their own asses would do anything less.
I thought so as well until I read this:

Katehi also set a 30-day deadline for her school's task force investigating the incident to issue its report. The task force, comprised of students, staff and faculty, will be chosen this week. She earlier had set a 90-day timetable.
I am willing to bet they are all terminated.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I want to see one of these protesters play back with a massive can of bear spray. I'm just saying... I mean, it's non-violent, right? That's what the police say...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I thought so as well until I read this
You are easily impressed.

I want to see one of these protesters play back with a massive can of bear spray. I'm just saying... I mean, it's non-violent, right? That's what the police say...
If you find a police rep saying that, let me know. "Non-" or "Less-Lethal" is not "non-violent," and anyone saying that is a moron.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
UC Davis is a public school, right? How does she get away w/ carp like that?
Yep it is. I have no idea, her latest stunt is demanding a $1,000,000 remodel of her home.

They are getting away with it because prop 13 has CRIPPLED the education system in california, and bush thought killing brown kids with better than educating ours

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
common sense?

the minute a cop pulls out the costco sized can of pepper is the minute i politely get up and say "officer, have a nice day"....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Colorado Springs kicked out the 5 people who were protesting yesterday/this morning. As much as I sympathize with the movement/idea, I'm not sure that "occupy colorado springs" really makes a lot of sense. We're not exactly a hub of the financial world, or the business world, or the industrial world, or really anything for that matter, unless closeted pastors and religious nut jobs are a trade able commodity.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Interesting question: lf one I those students had legally had a gun with them, would they have been justified in shooting Pike?

Ignore the idea that it's probably not legal to have a gun on a UC campus and pretend we all live in one of those states where the NRA is like SuperJesus.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Hand sanitizer kills 99% of all germs. Once again, the 1% is spared. OccupyPurell !!!
Besides being completely innefective It also has been proven to lead to higher rates of infection and less adaptions to fight germs and bacteria, especially in young children by multiple researchers.

That stuff is a huge scam pushed on scared(by the media) mothers by mega-corporations.
It is bad for public health, a dangerous product that is falsely marketed, and quite honestly, people need to know.

True.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Besides being completely innefective It also has been proven to lead to higher rates of infection and less adaptions to fight germs and bacteria, especially in young children by multiple researchers.

That stuff is a huge scam pushed on scared(by the media) mothers by mega-corporations.
It is bad for public health, a dangerous product that is falsely marketed, and quite honestly, people need to know.

True.
that.

and it's fvcking disgusting.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT

True.
nope, chuck testa.

Alcohol is effective, you are confusing it with Triclosan.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

True.
You can't have both.

It either makes things worse by providing an environment in which certain strains of bacteria are killed, and only those resistant survive, OR it's completely ineffective.

It doesn't work both ways.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
How about neither way? Proper exposure to germs as a kid and proper handwashing technique with normal soap is more than effective. Germs are good. Fear is bad.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
How about neither way? Proper exposure to germs as a kid and proper handwashing technique with normal soap is more than effective. Germs are good. Fear is bad.
Disinfectants have their place. Do you think doctors put rubbing alcohol on injection sites for fun? Alcohol is more effective than handwashing at disinfecting. Use the right tool for the job.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Guys, guys--can't you see this is just what Michelle Bachmann and PepperSpray Cop want you to do??!

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
19 And Pregnant! OWS Protester Suffers Miscarriage From Seattle Police (DETAILS) | Global Grind

Now, theres been no confirmation this actually occurred - the miscarriage. However lets look at something. She's alleging as she tried to leave she was saying "She was pregnant, and wanted to get through" as a cop "raised his foot" to her stomach. On the streets we call that a kick. Then another cop hit her with a bike and they tear gassed her. Those aren't the actions of Force+1, those are sadistic.

Please for the love of god, don't say "she was pregnant she had no right being there or she deserved it" I know some of you are that ****ing dumb, but just keep quiet.

what were seeing is cops in battle gear hurting civilians so they spare injury to other officers. Unless humans have developed to throw rocks at 320fps I'm not too worried about that. This clearly becomes an issue where the cops react with anger. Kicking someone especially in the gut is not an act of control its total sadism.

"‎"Again, when we abandoned our principles in order to use force against terrorists and drug dealers, the answer to the question, What are we defending? started to change.

The original answer, ostensibly, was, "We are defending the peaceful and law-abiding citizens of the United States, their principles, and everything America stands for."

Then after a while it became, "We’re defending the current population of the country, but we can’t defend the principles so much anymore, because they weigh us down in the fight against a ruthless enemy who must be stopped at all costs."

Then finally it became this: “We are defending ourselves, against the citizens who insist on keeping their rights and their principles.”

~Matt Taibbi"

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
We wouldn't need personal hygiene if health care was free!
or maybe we would educate people on being clean to prevent diseases, cause as of now the sicker we are the more money the healthcare industry makes, funny how that industry due to profit motives has a vested interest in keeping us sic

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
bunch of wussies, back in the day you weren't a legit protester unless you had been tear gassed, beat on with a club, and spent a few nights in custody of the man. It was assumed that all that was going to happen at every protest. You wore it as a badge of honor

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
bunch of wussies, back in the day you weren't a legit protester unless you had been tear gassed, beat on with a club, and spent a few nights in custody of the man. It was assumed that all that was going to happen at every protest. You wore it as a badge of honor
Just look at the archived links to Selma. Not a complaint to be read.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Flights to Egypt should be quite cheap now.