Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
spoiler: finny went fast

have him on mine...we'll see...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I keep going back and forth for Finn on my team...I want him to finally get up there, but, his track record isn't great with finals...

The dude clearly has the talent to win but never seems to be able to put down that great race run. But he is young

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
I could see Finn leveling up this year, he is only 22, the best guys for the most part didn't start peaking before that age, seems like all the pieces are there, just needs to put them together. Not even in his prime athletic years yet.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Sounds like getting practice runs in is not so easy. Oof.
From Vital
from lawlor trackside - "Huge delays with the uplift. Riders are literally waiting 2 hours to get onto it. Most riders have only had 2 runs and we're 5 hours into their practice session. Most are getting up to speed quick though. Usual suspects

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
From Vital
from lawlor trackside - "Huge delays with the uplift. Riders are literally waiting 2 hours to get onto it. Most riders have only had 2 runs and we're 5 hours into their practice session. Most are getting up to speed quick though. Usual suspects
2 cars on each end of a cable, who would have thought?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
The Enduro boy Maes probably pedalled up faster

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
From Vital

Does Vail resorts run Lourdes?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I've been staring at my screen for over 14 hours today for work, so I don't feel like cutting and pasting videos right now. But the contrast in speed between Cathro and Greenland in their course preview is pretty amazeballs. (granted they were riding it with different objectives in mind)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've been staring at my screen for over 14 hours today for work, so I don't feel like cutting and pasting videos right now. But the contrast in speed between Cathro and Greenland in their course preview is pretty amazeballs. (granted they were riding it with different objectives in mind)
Laurie's course preview was over 10 seconds faster than the best women's elite time while stopping to let someone pass.

sorrynotsorry

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
"Good golly, it's qually" as Warner would say.

Vali just edged out Pompon, but not by the margins she was "winning" qualifying last season. I think Myriam was pissed after WV and will kick more ass this year. It's rare to have a shot at the Sam Hill World Champ/Overall double and she just missed it.

Some tight times in Jr men, Goldilocks may have some competition this year.
Didn't know there was a Meier-Smith Jr?

Last edited:

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Alot of factory guys missing the cut, including half of Intense factory racing. If you told me 3 years ago Gwin would be qualifying 34th behind an enduro racer on an Orbea trailbike?? SMH

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Alot of factory guys missing the cut, including half of Intense factory racing. If you told me 3 years ago Gwin would be qualifying 34th behind an enduro racer on an Orbea trailbike?? SMH
For a few years, it seemed like racing was like F1 - lots of preparation, calculated runs and recovery on race weekends, and fast but in control race runs. Now it seems like the balls are all to the wall and the speeds are insane, almost reckless. The training and prep is at another level as well. The success of the early 2010s doesn't translate well to the field of the 2020s, and the tracks and increase in wheel size are starting to favor a different type of rider.

Troy Brosnan, for instance, deserves credit with his consistency through the last decade. GM as well, though he's more of a peaky performer. And Danny Hart continues to impress.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
For a few years, it seemed like racing was like F1 - lots of preparation, calculated runs and recovery on race weekends, and fast but in control race runs. Now it seems like the balls are all to the wall and the speeds are insane, almost reckless. The training and prep is at another level as well. The success of the early 2010s doesn't translate well to the field of the 2020s, and the tracks and increase in wheel size are starting to favor a different type of rider.
Also, I can't remember the last season we witnessed so much experimentation. Brings me back to the 90s WRC races. Last couple of seasons we could see a new link in a production frame, some blacked out derailleur... This year Intense is testing new links on prototype frames, Neko built a frame from the ground up, so much more stuff to nerd about...