Quantcast

OH LOURDES

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
In one of the French vlogs, they had a radar gun on the run into the whoops. fastest was Vidal at 60km/h. they're losing about 20 km/h through the whoops with no braking... that's gotta be painful on the arms at that point in the race!

My "team anchors" qualified 4th and 2nd. Hopefully they pick up their game tomorrow...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Fearon and Maes in 23rd and 17th respectively on essentially Enduro bikes with dual crown forks is bonkers.

I reckon Loic has done more for Ohlins MTB sales than their marketing team. That bike has a hover setting i swear.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Alot of factory guys missing the cut, including half of Intense factory racing. If you told me 3 years ago Gwin would be qualifying 34th behind an enduro racer on an Orbea trailbike?? SMH
Since he is unprotected I am guessing his goal was to just safely qualify.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
On insta he said he took a steady quali after crashing hard earlier in practice. but has moe speed in the bank for finals.

Who knows he might even beat a trail bike

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
OK. So wants to speculate wildly about who the "carpenter" playing Dick Dastardly with wood screws might be?

wackyraces.png

3:40 and 11:50 ish

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Smashy

Also, some of the riders are taking the piss with the no skinsuit rule these days.

Last edited:

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Can we do Spoilers now????

Actually fuck it. If you jump on a MTB website and then click the thread that is specific to the race you're interested in. AND THEN bitch about spoilers like @Gary bitches about progress then fuck off.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Fuck me JG smashed it. Legendary.

Isabella uncharacteristically off the pace. A new contender has entered the game. Norco seems to have snaffled a new ninja

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Just got home to see Vali cross the finish line.
Seen the results but is it worth watching the replay?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Thanks.
bunking off School to ride bikes your entire childhood can pay off

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
With all the available info/guidance we have on head injuries in sport these days I'm surprised at Myriam's Doctor telling her she should be ok to race with concussion if she's able to put in a sprint and her headache doesn't get any worse! I guess there's more to the story than that though.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
With all the available info/guidance we have on head injuries in sport these days I'm surprised at Myriam's Doctor telling her she should be ok to race with concussion if she's able to put in a sprint and her headache doesn't get any worse! I guess there's more to the story than that though.
Serious? I didn't hear that. That's fucked.

*edit* i skipped out after the race finished to stock up. Was that in the podium chats?

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
UCI - *lets France define the courses and host half the events*
UCI commentators - "how are the French so dominant?!?!?"

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Young British pinner Dan might want to rethink having the word "Slack" printed across the ass of his leggings.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The longer Kade's time holds the more optimism I'm feeling waiting to see what Reece can do

Last edited:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Nah... I just wear my glasses for watching WCs now
I mean, I would take a Roots and Rain for bum shots of the ladies, especially with these form-fitting outfits.Just sayin'. Rears and Rumps?

(Doc says it's bifocals for me next year. I can't wait to see how that impacts my riding. At least I'll have another excuse for being slow.)

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I mean, I would take a Roots and Rain for bum shots of the ladies, especially with these form-fitting outfits.Just sayin'. Rears and Rumps?
Mate you're on the internet. it's literally FOR watching footage of hot naked women doing every concievable thing you've ever dreamt of a hot anked woman doing.