Quantcast

OH LOURDES

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Well shit fellas, it's that time of year again. You know, the time when there's one first race and then we have to wait an inordinate amount of time for the next one? TWO FUCKING MONTHS? :shakefist:

Anyway, the true March Madness is upon us this weekend, get that roundball garbage outta here!

Really this is just a placeholder and an opportunity for me to ping @jackalope to drag his lazy ass outta that ditch, start drinking, and start writing up our preview. Get on it, son!

I'm ready to see how 'ol Neko does on his new frame and how badly I'll do in my fantasy league entries. Let's shoot the shit, monkeys!

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Well shit fellas, it's that time of year again. You know, the time when there's one first race and then we have to wait an inordinate amount of time for the next one? TWO FUCKING MONTHS? :shakefist:

Anyway, the true March Madness is upon us this weekend, get that roundball garbage outta here!

Really this is just a placeholder and an opportunity for me to ping @jackalope to drag his lazy ass outta that ditch, start drinking, and start writing up our preview. Get on it, son!

I'm ready to see how 'ol Neko does on his new frame and how badly I'll do in my fantasy league entries. Let's shoot the shit, monkeys!
FFS

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Weird, my coworker just stopped by my office and dropped off a bottle of bourbon. Sacre bleu!! Time to break out the gummies, dress up like a mime and start making things up.
The only acceptable reason for Daydrinking. The real miracle in Lourdes.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
We got just as many reasons in this part of Switzerland. It’s way more acceptable than the rest of the country!
Countries with good wine or near good wine have a good excuse. Though it is weird to see the guy renting you your Morzine flat give you the keys drunk at 9AM.

In here we have Vodka and Vodka makes me sleepy as shit. Not the best for day drinking.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
If I have to subscribe to History Channel’s TikTok for $59.99/mo to see Wyn, Cathro, and Elliot, I will turn into the Joker.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
If I have to subscribe to History Channel’s TikTok for $59.99/mo to see Wyn, Cathro, and Elliot, I will turn into the Joker.
This will be next year. So If my friends at warner tell me they are going to screw with my access I'm shifting companies and I will ruin their programming as a revenge. Bruno 2 on HBO Max coming in 2023.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
They've probably all realized that carbon bikes are too expensive to keep making and changing every 1.34 years, for how many are actually sold.

Oh yeah and the fact that there is nothing wrong with an aluminum bike for this application.

Last edited:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Does Steve Peat have an official role with the Syndicate or does he just hate his family and needs to travel the world?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
They've probably all realized that carbon bikes are too expensive to keep making and changing every 1.34 years, for how many are actually sold.

Oh yeah and the fact that there is nothing wrong with an aluminum bikes for this application.
I'd argue it's more about being able to churn out prototypes faster.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I'd argue it's more about being able to churn out prototypes faster.
Alu bikes are slowly crawling up their prices too. The price gap between alu and crab0nz is closing, and you can't blame the component selection for the hikes anymore.

I still maintain this is to subsidize the ebike development/market insertion, and also to make them look less expensive when compared to regular bikes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Oh yeah and the fact that there is nothing wrong with an aluminum bike for this application.
yea, DH is a small enough market as it is, not a lot of people are ponying up for a $4k carbon DH frame.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
yea, DH is a small enough market as it is, not a lot of people are ponying up for a $4k carbon DH frame.
This too. DH probably skews younger than Enduro so less moneyz. With parts being often more expensive you can't go overboard.

Though inflation is getting weird. I've heard good coffee beans went up by 50-80% this year.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This too. DH probably skews younger than Enduro so less moneyz. With parts being often more expensive you can't go overboard.

Though inflation is getting weird. I've heard good coffee beans went up by 50-80% this year.
yea, plus with how good enduro bikes have gotten, a lot of people have a hard time justifying both an enduro bike and a DH bike. i saw a LOT of enduro bikes at the bike park last summer.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
yea, plus with how good enduro bikes have gotten, a lot of people have a hard time justifying both an enduro bike and a DH bike. i saw a LOT of enduro bikes at the bike park last summer.
Yeah + a ton of true DH tracks in bikeparks got much less use than the main lines so for those people having a DH bike made no sense. Leo WC DH track, Maribor WC DH track were pretty damn unpopular. Schladming was a bit different but for a long time it only had that DH track. Now it may be different. Champery obviously gets little use but that's a combination of it being too difficult for 95% of people and it being on the far fringes of the PDS area. I mean why Ben needs a DH bike where he lives (plus with his skill level) but yeah you can end up overbiked in many areas of the world.

Still I'm bummed I can't have a bike that works as a dh bike and trailbike. Maybe once my finances recover next year I will go back to 2 bikes since I love a good DH bike but the issue is we have maybe 2 good full on DH tracks in Poland + 2-3 in Slovakia. So even for me it's hard to justify. Maybe if I get those nigerian price money and I dont have to work anymore.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
@norbar there is quite a few enduro bike with 170 to 180mm of rear travel that are also compatible to dual crown fork, if you think you need it. These bikes should offer a comfortable pedalling position while still offering near downhill capacity.
I build myself a Ransom with a Boxxer lowered to 180mm with the same idea as you. The bike feels pretty good for the little time I spent on it!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
@norbar there is quite a few enduro bike with 170 to 180mm of rear travel that are also compatible to dual crown fork, if you think you need it. These bikes should offer a comfortable pedalling position while still offering near downhill capacity.
I build myself a Ransom with a Boxxer lowered to 180mm with the same idea as you. The bike feels pretty good for the little time I spent on it!
Yeah but I still want something that would work on more uphills than fireroads. That's my issue. Since I want to go to remote AF places and those requires carrying the bike or more severe uphills. Essentially I want a bike that doesn't exist and I have to decide where do I want to compromise.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah + a ton of true DH tracks in bikeparks got much less use than the main lines so for those people having a DH bike made no sense. Leo WC DH track, Maribor WC DH track were pretty damn unpopular. Schladming was a bit different but for a long time it only had that DH track. Now it may be different. Champery obviously gets little use but that's a combination of it being too difficult for 95% of people and it being on the far fringes of the PDS area. I mean why Ben needs a DH bike where he lives (plus with his skill level) but yeah you can end up overbiked in many areas of the world.
thankfully in my case most of the enduro riders seem content to clog up the blue square flow trails, and stay off the actual DH runs (the few of them that are actually there).