Quantcast

Okay it's official

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
My new boss approved my leave requests so on Monday May 16th I'll be in court getting divorced and then on Friday, May 20th I'll be riding with friends for the what douglas has named the MMcG Freedom Ride!

11:00 a.m. - Case Mountain, Manchester, CT

Any Monkey who wants to join in is more than welcome! I'm sure there will be beer flowing and burgers grilling somewhere later in the day.

Oh yeah and it looks like we'll be riding Soapstone Mountain on May 21st - so if you want to make a weekend of it, by all means do!!!

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I'll definitely be there on Friday. Saturday ... maybe. Haven't done Soapstone in a while.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
manziman said:
why'd you sign your life away in the first place?
This is a thinly veiled way of saying congrats, right?

:think:

MMcG: Right on.

:thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tonyhawk said:
I'll definitely be there on Friday. Saturday ... maybe. Haven't done Soapstone in a while.

We were counting on you to join us on Friday Tony! We need you to show us the goods. Although I'm on Doctor's orders for no crazy stuff while out on the trails (not that I can do anything crazy at my skill level anyway).

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Where is Case mountain?

What kind of riding is involved, i dont feel like being humiliated by 40 year old dudes because i am terrible at XC.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
mack said:
Where is Case mountain?

What kind of riding is involved, i dont feel like being humiliated by 40 year old dudes because i am terrible at XC.

Case is in Manchester, CT - like it says in my first post in this thread.

How old are you Mack? You live in CT, ride and don't know about Case yet? :think:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hmmm And I will be in New Milford Friday?? Road bike?? Mountain bike?? New Paltz or CT. Gosh I just can't decide what to do.... :sneaky:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
priceseliger14 said:
MMCG... What kind of riding is there... I am moving to Avon next year and am looking for some riding... DH prefferable... (sorry for the hijack)
There really isn't any true DH in the state of CT, but you won't be too far from Jiminy Peak.

Lots of great trails nearby where you'll be going to school though including Nepaug, Nassahegon, W. Hartford Reservoir etc. etc.

There's also a little skate park and some dirtjumps in Canton, CT

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcG
May 20th - Case Mountain!!!

May 21st - Soapstone Mountain!!

I Are Baboon said:
And in between? BEER AND BURGERS AT CASA DE BABOON.
Hmmm, home to Soapstone to Avon to Cape Cod??

maybe I should do home to Avon (get a ride with ??? to Soapstone & back to Avon) to Cape Cod

Any Avoner's have room for an addition person/bike??

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
My new boss approved my leave requests so on Monday May 16th I'll be in court getting divorced and then on Friday, May 20th I'll be riding with friends for the what douglas has named the MMcG Freedom Ride!

11:00 a.m. - Case Mountain, Manchester, CT

Any Monkey who wants to join in is more than welcome! I'm sure there will be beer flowing and burgers grilling somewhere later in the day.

Oh yeah and it looks like we'll be riding Soapstone Mountain on May 21st - so if you want to make a weekend of it, by all means do!!!

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
Congrats, Mr. Mark.
Can't make the rides, but I'll lift a glass in you honor that weekend.

Here's to your freedom.

douglas said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcG
May 20th - Case Mountain!!!

May 21st - Soapstone Mountain!!

Hmmm, home to Soapstone to Avon to Cape Cod??

maybe I should do home to Avon (get a ride with ??? to Soapstone & back to Avon) to Cape Cod

Any Avoner's have room for an addition person/bike??
the bbq is Friday night, soapstone is Saturday....

edit: and Soapstone is 45 minutes closer to cape cod than avon.

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
Splat, are you joining us on May 21?
Hope to! Have a good friends Surprise 40th Birthday Party to go to , but I believe that is in the afternoon/PM , must get more details

I have an Issue with the 20th Now :( have a Meeting at the school with my Kids teachers, I have requested a re-schedule of that meeting though. But I will say this if they can't reschedule , my kid comes first.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
Hope to! Have a good friends Surprise 40th Birthday Party to go to , but I believe that is in the afternoon/PM , must get more details

I have an Issue with the 20th Now :( have a Meeting at the school with my Kids teachers, I have requested a re-schedule of that meeting though. But I will say this if they can't reschedule , my kid comes first.

Family/kids first Splat! :cool:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
berkshire_rider said:
:think: I thought 'Nam on the 22nd was a done deal. Should I take it out of my calendar. :confused:
No, leave it on. And keep us posted about the 21st. :)

Hopefully Splat will join us for both Case and Soapstone. He is our official photographer. :D