Quantcast

Okay it's official

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
tonyhawk said:
Well, I could invite Nurse Betty and her husband HotLips' Mechanic (more bikerag people) - they live nearby and ride Soapstone all the time, so we would definitely not get lost. I'd just need to know where to tell them to meet us...
Never mind - they're not going to be around.

I'm gonna need directions to this different parking area ... never started there.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:
Narlus - come on down!!
i'm in. changed the meeting and had it yesterday.

it'll probably take me 2.5+ hr (depending on rush hour traffic on 495) to get there, so i am aiming to leave the house at 8 or so.

someone PM me their mobile number.

tim

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:

it'll probably take me 2.5+ hr (depending on rush hour traffic on 495) to get there, so i am aiming to leave the house at 8 or so.

tim

SWEETNESS!!

Looking forward to meeting you and gettins schooled by you out on the trails! :dancing:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:

tim
Awesome!!! Yeah, you'll kick our butts. :)

Are you ok with the directions tonyhawk posted?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
Awesome!!! Yeah, you'll kick our butts. :)

Are you ok with the directions tonyhawk posted?
well i'd be coming in from 84 heading west. is getting to 384 easy (i'd imagine it is).

btw, i'll manage expectations now by saying that you are in no danger of getting yr ass kicked by a 39 y/o who is carrying more weight than he should. i just wanna hang w/ the group and not get dropped. at least i'll have a lighter bike; the only other time i've ridden case was w/ my joker and the enduro's a good 10 pounds lighter.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
tonyhawk said:
Never mind - they're not going to be around.

I'm gonna need directions to this different parking area ... never started there.
Take route 83 through Vernon and into Ellington. Take a right onto 140 (Silver Lake Road). Hopkins Road is about a mile down on the left (it's a sharp left, dirt road). Park about 200 yards in on either side of the road.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
I Are Baboon said:
I think the Friday crew is:

Myself
MBC
Doug
MmcG
Tonyhawk
Smelly
narlus
pretty sure i know how to get there. i think Line St is the entrance i took last time i was at Case because i remember getting directions and hearing that the street sign was down. this was just over a year ago. put up a sign, ya slackers.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Coolness

so we are now a group of 6 for Friday ?

Hmmm, I wonder if I should put my Hollowpoint in long travel mode for the w/e ??

edit > 7 !

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Smelly said:
pretty sure i know how to get there. i think Line St is the entrance i took last time i was at Case because i remember getting directions and hearing that the street sign was down. this was just over a year ago. put up a sign, ya slackers.
Tonyhawk can give you the skinny on how to get to the Line St. Lot. :cool:

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I Are Baboon said:
Take route 83 through Vernon and into Ellington. Take a right onto 140 (Silver Lake Road). Hopkins Road is about a mile down on the left (it's a sharp left, dirt road). Park about 200 yards in on either side of the road.
OK, I think I know where that is.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
Coolness

so we are now a group of 6 for Friday ?

Hmmm, I wonder if I should put my Hollowpoint in long travel mode for the w/e ??

edit > 7 !
Ironically mine is in short travel mode for now douglas - but not for long once I get the hardware to rock the Swinger 4 Way Baby! :dancing:

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MMcG said:
Tonyhawk can give you the skinny on how to get to the Line St. Lot. :cool:
^^ See map above ^^

384 E from 84 E or W to Exit 3, Left onto S Main St, Left onto Line St.

splat

Nam I am
narlus said:
is Line St in Manchester? I want to mapquest just to ensure directions on getting to 384.
Last year when I went down to ride with them at case i used those instructions.

was really quite easy to get to.

and You just take 84 till your almost in hartford and then there is an exit for I-384 ( with lots of signs before hand ) then it is maybe 5-10 minutes down 384

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
hmm....mapquest is telling me to take the pike to 84W, and then CT 30 to CT83...i'll figure it out.

see you monkeys tomorrow.
Take the directions that Splat used - 84 West to 384 East - simple and straightforward.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
MMcG said:
*cough - Sick Day on Friday - cough* :D
I wish. Actually, it's pretty easy to get a day off most of the time. I have a conference call I have to attend at 10:30am with one of the biggest local hospitals over some electronic claims issues. By the time it was over it would be too late to join y'all. :(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
I got LOST!!!
god dammit.

OK, take 84W to Vernon, CT route 83 north (not sure of the exit number...65 maybe?). Follow 83 north for maybe four miles through a bunch of traffic lights. 83N turns left at a light. Follow for maybe three more miles through some farmland. Take a right onto Crystal Lake Road (route 140..it's immediately after a traffic light). Follow for about 1.5 miles. Turn left (sharp turn) onto Hopkins Road (it comes up quick). You'll quickly see some trails off to the right, so park anywhere around there.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
too many directions!

I wonder who will end up at the wrong trail head on the wrong day, or would that be the right trail head on the wrong day.....or maybe the wrong trail head on the right day??

I just confussed myself.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
BTW, I am now a NO GO for Vietnam Sunday. I have to work. I had to pick one of the next three days to come in and Sunday makes the most sense.
Boo Hiss

So who is riding Sunday?

Splat
Berkshire
me
?