Quantcast

(*) One Derp gmt(^)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hello all. I worked 5-10 PM last night and left my mouse upside down to know that no one molested my workstation and got COVID all over it. But when I came in now the mouse wasn't upside down, so I had to clean it with the cancer-wipes. Hmph
I am the sort of person who, if I saw an upside down mouse, would right it just to make it neat. Maybe you have a similarly-minded colleague?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am the sort of person who, if I saw an upside down mouse, would right it just to make it neat. Maybe you have a similarly-minded colleague?
Probably overnight cleaning staff doing just that. Unlikely another radiologist, though--from 10 PM-7 AM there is one attending and one resident in house for radiology, and they wouldn't be up in this building where I like to hide but rather near the emergency department.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
aside from the name, the current iteration of spooky has nothing to do with prior iterations. and now they do only road gravel bikes.
does not the guy running it now used to ride or work for them previously....i forget his name...mickey?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i think he actually owned it at one point, but mickey hasn't been involved in several years.
i guess that is why they are in arizona now....

i still have a spooky work shirt...t shirt...and a zoo york/spooky jersey that i doubt even SS could fit in...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I watched Go Fast Pull Up: The Jimmy LeVan Story last night, it was pretty entertaining. Buncha real good riding in it, kinda of want a Metal Bike BMX bike now... Kinda neat to see people who have at one time or another lived in my hometown, in a BMX flop house called the Fathouse that a friend of mine used to live in for a while. I believe the house (a decrepit duplex on the edge of downtown) got its name from a startup t-shirt company called Fat Bald Men that eventually went on to become FBM Bikes. Also pretty elucidatory with regards to concussions and head trauma. Did smacked the ground real hard a bunch of time.

not very well....i quit trying to go fast on a bike in colorado...
I should also quit trying to go fast in Colorado. Shit's dangerous, maaaaaaan...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I watched Go Fast Pull Up: The Jimmy LeVan Story last night, it was pretty entertaining. Buncha real good riding in it, kinda of want a Metal Bike BMX bike now... Kinda neat to see people who have at one time or another lived in my hometown, in a BMX flop house called the Fathouse that a friend of mine used to live in for a while. I believe the house (a decrepit duplex on the edge of downtown) got its name from a startup t-shirt company called Fat Bald Men that eventually went on to become FBM Bikes. Also pretty elucidatory with regards to concussions and head trauma. Did smacked the ground real hard a bunch of time.
It's a pretty heavy film for sure. Definitely worth watching. Long live Levangelism

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
older brothers friends rode bmx when he was in college in knoxville.....drove to okc to see hoffman hit that mega 1/4 pipe....

also had fu manchu stay at their house when they pasded thru...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Thank the youtube, I fixed my cruise with a $23 part. The dealership has the bolts for the tailgate cord, but not the hinge. They want $8 for a bolt I will get at Ace for $.42. The cord is a funky stepped bolt, so I got the legit ones. She will be hauling bikes in no time.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I hate polluters
Twice in the last week I have witnessed Estefani Catering out of Hayward dump the waste water out of their catering truck into the storm drain on Isabel which flows into the nearby Arroyo on Airway and then into Alameda Creek
I reported them to Livermore Water Departments Environmental Services. Needless to say they are not happy about the practice
We ( Tri Valley Fly Fishers, Friends of Alameda Creek, Trout Unlimited) have been working hard to restore the Salmon and steelhead runs in these waters and these bastards pull this BS. Oh Hell no

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Slow work day. Went to Ruby Hill with Haley. She rocked the pump track and bridges pretty hard. Did the small line, but didn't jump; just rolled. Glad I started the session out on the pump track, because my grip came loose. Tried to tighten it and was never able to, so I rode without the grip. Left hand, so less "necessary", as I can land with a poor left grip vs. my right. Need to dig out an old set of ODIs to replace the single clamp Kona grips with a double clamp set. That bike is really fun though and I can't wait to ride it with a grip and front brake.