Quantcast

Palmer Comeback

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
with the new [normal, non fancy] pins, they actually work fine with 510 shoes.

of course they are better options out there, but doubt it will hold him back. unlike when they had those **** pins, and hill, rennie were still using cullys even tho they were sponsored by CB.
Hill has run CB pedals since they came out in '06 and Rennie has never used them because he was sponsored by Funn and, most recently, Burgtec. :poster_oops:

with real pins they are fine. not the best option, but certainly good enough.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
my bad.

i am pretty sure hill was on cullys, and only changed over to 5050s for photo shoots. anyways, i could be wrong again.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
because easton are retards.

they are still competitive by todays standards. but nooo.... lets just pull the plug on them.

cant wait for the e13 pedals, still milking the last bit of life of my cullys.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
The next WC snowboard event is in 3 weeks. He has to do well at them to qualify for the US team (although I think he already made preliminary selection). After this snowboard season is done (spring), he can race WC DH and have time to heal if anything happens.
gotcha

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
yea, sound silly enough to be true.

but they could have did what cannondale did with the 'gracia' when they changed the name to the judge.

they could call the cullys the new 'updated' flatboys.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
yeah, sounds plausible. Why doesn't easton make bars in the widths that people actually want? Easton seems fairly out of touch in a few areas.
MTB market is chump change for Easton. It'd just something to do will all the aluminum left over from making millions of units of sporting equipment.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
yeah, sounds plausible. Why doesn't easton make bars in the widths that people actually want? Easton seems fairly out of touch in a few areas.
one of the guys who work for easton on here said that's in the works. although i wouldn't hold my breath on it. carbon parts = new moulds = high costs.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
one of the guys who work for easton on here said that's in the works. although i wouldn't hold my breath on it. carbon parts = new moulds = high costs.
No one I know wants wide 30"-31" carbon bars..... EA70s yes but not EC70s :)

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
just because everyone that still uses carbon bars isn't bothered to voice it anymore, because they will be confronted by about 12132353452 post on how carbon bars are going to snap after they are scratched by the nearest twig.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
just because everyone that still uses carbon bars isn't bothered to voice it anymore, because they will be confronted by about 12132353452 post on how carbon bars are going to snap after they are scratched by the nearest twig.
They dont need to be scratched by a twig to snap. They snap even when brand new with no scratches. :) I use to be a carbon bar guy, till mine broke after less than a month of riding. Ive been thinking about trying them on my new DH rig, but I will never run them on a FR rig again. Ive been riding the EA70 bar on all my bikes ever since.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
old school xtr shifters and vans shoes!!
This is a true champ!
Those are his driving shoes, he had 5-10's in his truck, truck broke down on the way to race, he and nicki borrowed a friends car but left shoes in truck. He couldn't keep feet on pedals...Palm tried my shoes but they were too big (tiny foot mother f-er he is) so he did not even try to qualify. Good times.

[un]

Chimp
Mar 18, 2002
Bernal Heights, SF
Ever since the news broke I've been thinking of this... Have you guys seen "First Descent" An iMax movie featuring oldschool snowboarders and new champs (Terje and Shawn White to name a few).

How about that: getting Palm, Peaty and.. Nico? together battling with today's heroes: Sam, Gee, you name them. on big screen, full feature with international release. It would have a tremendous impact on how our sport is perceived!

Now can someone pull that off?

Okay, easier said than done. How about a "day in the dirt" type event with the same suspects then?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
[un];3085073 said:
Ever since the news broke I've been thinking of this... Have you guys seen "First Descent" An iMax movie featuring oldschool snowboarders and new champs (Terje and Shawn White to name a few).

How about that: getting Palm, Peaty and.. Nico? together battling with today's heroes: Sam, Gee, you name them. on big screen, full feature with international release. It would have a tremendous impact on how our sport is perceived!

Okay, easier said than done. How about a "day in the dirt" type event with the same suspects then?
i love how Peaty gets lumped in with Nico and Palmer, 2 guys who have been retired from racing for 6 and 10 years, while he is still finishing on the podium at every WC he enters. you can't make a list of today's heroes and not have Peaty on it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
[un];3085073 said:

You probably don't really want to see the numbers between 'people who snowboard and would see this movie' and 'people who mountain bike and would see this movie'.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
here's the last question I can think of. List Americans that have won a world cup in the last decade. The guy is legit, just as influential as Peaty, Nico or Hill.

warthog

Chimp
Oct 25, 2004
San Luis Obispo Ca.
Saw him after the podium at the SLO Jeep race talking to Lopes. Naturally the photographers saw a photo-op. It should be pretty funny whenever it makes print. Both shirts off, Lopes' six-pack vs. Palmer's pony keg (he was sticking the gut out for maximum effect).

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
[un];3085073 said:

sold!

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
[un];3085073 said:

Wonderful idea.