Quantcast

Paris Mt DH Race Update Info Oct 16th and 17th

mquehl

Chimp
Mar 20, 2009
While you guys are at the race go by and see Ethan Quehl. He has his 2009 Dorado for sale, Along with anyhthing else you see on his DH bike. Has to sell to order his new 2010 Dorado. He has one of the first ones shipped, serial number 0006. Has been factory refreshed and upgraded 2 times this year. Ask nice and he may even let you ride it to see how buttery smooth it is.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Thanks to all that attended the Pre Race Party!!!! It was a big turnout. Bigger than last years. Pictures will be going up Sunday.

I need sleep as I will be up at 6AM to get things rolling for the race. Good luck to all racing and thanks to all that have stepped up to help put this event together with me and UpState SORBA.

Cecil

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Awesome time this weekend! You guys did an incredible job and we REALLY appreciate all the hard work that went into that. I can't wait to see the turnout next year.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Awesome time this weekend! You guys did an incredible job and we REALLY appreciate all the hard work that went into that. I can't wait to see the turnout next year.
I second that. This was the first Paris DH I've been to and can't say enough about how fun it was. Props to the volunteers and the stoked attitudes of all of us racers. I will absolutely be there next year. Also sweet that the rain held off for the runs. As soon as we got back to Asheville it was about 10 degrees colder and raining.

:thumb:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Thanks to all that came out to fight the weather!!!! I really think the course could have not been any better for racing. It is really a better course wet than dry. I will be posting an Aftermath thread in both the DH and South Forums with Pics and Results about mid day Sunday. If you want to see this race really grow I need all the racers to tell their friends they need to be there next year. We need the rider support to grow. Big Vibes from the Park and they want to help us grow the event too. I have a great overall vision for a full weekend of racing here in Greenville and Pairs Mt. So this means many things like; more Racers attending, Super D, and maybe a XC race. More of a National style event. We will know in a few weeks.

Results and Pics will also be going up on: www.2wheelfreaks.com and www.parismountaindownhill.com by early next week.

Once again thanks to UpState SORBA, The Racers and All the Volunteers!!!!!

Cecil

Last edited:

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Damn good time. Big thanks to Cecil, all the sponsors and volunteers. I will be there next year for sure. Only part of the weekend that sucked was waking up last night ****ting my brains out and vomiting. Did anyone else have a hot dog with chili and cheese?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Damn good time. Big thanks to Cecil, all the sponsors and volunteers. I will be there next year for sure. Only part of the weekend that sucked was waking up last night ****ting my brains out and vomiting. Did anyone else have a hot dog with chili and cheese?
You can't get swine flu from a hot dog Rich.:rofl:

Big props to Brad and all the amazing work he and the Upstate SORBA crew put in. They really busted their butts all day with smiles on their faces. Kip for cooking, the EMT's who used some awesome new sterilization techniques to clean my bloody forearm, the ladies at registration Friday night, the douche wo tried to steal Greg's hoodie (comedy gold)...who steals a hoodie?:rofl: And of course, big props to the surprisingly safe shuttle drivers!!

No thanks however go to my fitness. You abandoned me and hung me out to dry!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Oh...and this is what happens on Friday practice when you go off the left side of the course and a 3 foot high stump in the Red Bull section pops your shoe clean off and your socked foot gets sucked into the spokes and swingarm. The pic does the shades of purple no justice.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Great event for sure.

Thanks again to Cecil, SORBA and crew for a great event.

I cant imagine it being much smoother, but seriously what was up with the DJ? We shoulda had an over/under pool on wether or not he was gonna play "YMCA."

Anyway...

Linky to the elevation profile of the run on my first run down in the morning.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/16609341

mtb-sam

Chimp
Apr 5, 2009
East, TN
I want to say thanks to everybody who put this event on and helped out. I had a great time and i will be back next year for sure.

Link to my helmet cam from my race run.

-sam

So-EastMatt

Chimp
Oct 24, 2003
Cecil, Brad, SORBA crew-
Sounds like the vibe was super good after this past weekend. I tried really hard to make it out to my hometown race but the new baby had other plans for me. Hopefully we can do this again next year and I can finally make it to the race! Maybe next year the little munchkin can come out to cheer daddy on next year! I know the track was riding AWESOME before the race and from what everybody has told me, it held up great and the atmosphere was spot on. Congrats to Kenan for taking home all the loot and for putting yourself back on the box!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Cecil, Brad, SORBA crew-
Sounds like the vibe was super good after this past weekend. I tried really hard to make it out to my hometown race but the new baby had other plans for me. Hopefully we can do this again next year and I can finally make it to the race! Maybe next year the little munchkin can come out to cheer daddy on next year! I know the track was riding AWESOME before the race and from what everybody has told me, it held up great and the atmosphere was spot on. Congrats to Kenan for taking home all the loot and for putting yourself back on the box!
Really wished you were there man, but family come first!!!!

Congrats again man for becoming a father!!!!

Cecil:thumb:

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
I want to say thanks to everybody who put this event on and helped out. I had a great time and i will be back next year for sure.

Link to my helmet cam from my race run.

-sam
Great Video Sam! i hope you don't mind but i loaded it on to the the ParisDH site! working on posting results page now...up soon!

****Updated**** Results are posted.... all the team/sponsor not completed yet (someday soon)

Last edited:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I call it trying to look fast. I brought too much speed into the berm, thus crashing and sliding on my shoulder about 6 or 8 feet. The girl in the second picture was telling me to get my bike off the trail and pulling it off the trail. Hence the third picture of me trying to get my bike back!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I call it trying to look fast. I brought too much speed into the berm, thus crashing and sliding on my shoulder about 6 or 8 feet. The girl in the second picture was telling me to get my bike off the trail and pulling it off the trail. Hence the third picture of me trying to get my bike back!
You almost hit me while I was shooting those Pics. I turned around and saw you hit the eject button on the berm. Glad you are ok.

Cecil

rewster

Monkey
Feb 3, 2007
charlotte nc
Can you post those somewhere else? I'm not giving out my email address to look at your website.
hotmail.com. if you're that worried, i'll make up an uber random address for you that doesn't even include your social security number or bank records

why don't you just post these to the dedicated webiste for the race?

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
i'll have some more posted up later, when i'm feelin' a little better...

Fun in the rain on the parking deck with Mooney's big wheels from the Pre Race Party...Good times good times.... I wish i had gotten a shot of you guys riding in front of the Police car...that was too damn funny!

more party and race pics coming soon

Last edited: