Quantcast

Pot Smoking Christians

Originally posted by knulfing_forest
doesn't matter to me
live life how you wanna don't let religion run it for you
Yeah, but what if I'm Christian and I want to continue to be brainwashed for the rest of my life, stumbling blindly throughout life at the whimsy of an omnipotent Creator, doing things only because it's what I'm supposed to do according to my religious peers (none of whom have reviewed a scientific journal, Toshi :D)? :p

(That was facetiousness. :D)

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by knulfing_forest
doesn't matter to me
live life how you wanna don't let religion run it for you
Kind of a self-defeating post really given what this thread is about. Blatantly trying to up your post rate I reckon. Not something I would ever do, no siree.

SVEN

Sponsor Whore
Feb 9, 2002
here and there, sometimes
Originally posted by laura
so, sven. im curious, if you dont mind me asking, what did you decide?
Pretty much put it aside. I really don't deal with it well, turns out. I get a little paranoid, like many others. I just had a vision of me getting high one day and running into a client, that would trip me out. Plus, the next day after smoking alot, I'm pretty much useless, can't think worth a damn. What I really wanted to garnish from this was what non-christians thought of it. And though most said it was no big deal, at least a few said that they would think of me differently and my faith would definitley be compromised. Needless to say, I live a pretty blessed life with a lot of responsibility for someone my age, and I don't want to squander that responsibility and lose any blessings that have been granted to me. So I'd like to stay away from it, but the temptation is there, so I gotsta be strong.

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
the book is good, but its a little out of date. people of faith have no right to judge you, because you live your own life. at the end of the day, you answer to whomever you wish, and GOD can be very forgiving.

hey man, do whatever you wanna do, so long as you are happy and no one gets hurt. that goes for the rest of you duders too.

dg806

Chimp
Apr 26, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by zibbler

Just because someone "got saved" doesn't mean that they are instantly changed into perfect, robotic beings.
I believe if you truly believe in your heart your saved, then this is true! The difference is this.......once your saved all past sins are forgiven. Then every sin that you commit willingly(in this case) or not, you must stand accountable for one day in front of God!

I can see it now.....but God I couldn't stop, it was addicting and very good! Not Gonna Work!

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
the forbidden weed.... maybe that's what ADAM consumed way back when.

the BOOK has stood the test of time because people still believe in it. i do think, though, that these people put way too much stock in it. ever read a home-ec book from the 50's? pretty far out.

i guess i'm waiting for the new edition that includes stuff about the world as we know it today. the good ol' church probably won't rock the boat cuz it will cost way too much to retrain everyone. it all boils down to money.

maybe we should let the church control the distribution of weed. then countries that separate church and state will not have any more problems.

heck, everything you do is a sin. its a wonder that anyone makes it to heaven.

;) mez just stirrin the pot (doh!)

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by dg806

I believe if you truly believe in your heart your saved, then this is true! The difference is this.......once your saved all past sins are forgiven. Then every sin that you commit willingly(in this case) or not, you must stand accountable for one day in front of God!

I can see it now.....but God I couldn't stop, it was addicting and very good! Not Gonna Work!
Read Romans chapter 7. Even Paul struggled with his old "sin" nature. I'm not suggesting that willfully doing something you know is wrong is acceptable. My point is that so many people are quick to shout "hypocrate" as soon as a Christain makes a mistake. It's as though they think that just because the person is now a Christian, they should be perfect. That's humanly impossible. If humans were capable of being perfect, then Jesus died in vain.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by Svetlana

Pretty much put it aside. I really don't deal with it well, turns out. I get a little paranoid, like many others. I just had a vision of me getting high one day and running into a client, that would trip me out. Plus, the next day after smoking alot, I'm pretty much useless, can't think worth a damn. What I really wanted to garnish from this was what non-christians thought of it. And though most said it was no big deal, at least a few said that they would think of me differently and my faith would definitley be compromised. Needless to say, I live a pretty blessed life with a lot of responsibility for someone my age, and I don't want to squander that responsibility and lose any blessings that have been granted to me. So I'd like to stay away from it, but the temptation is there, so I gotsta be strong.
i say more power to ya.:D

dg806

Chimp
Apr 26, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by zibbler

Read Romans chapter 7. Even Paul struggled with his old "sin" nature. I'm not suggesting that willfully doing something you know is wrong is acceptable. My point is that so many people are quick to shout "hypocrate" as soon as a Christain makes a mistake. It's as though they think that just because the person is now a Christian, they should be perfect. That's humanly impossible. If humans were capable of being perfect, then Jesus died in vain.
I couldn't agree more.....And I try to be a good person, but I fail everyday! If someone looked to me as a model, I'm here to tell ya your looking at the wrong person! But that still doesn't take away my belief. I am no better than the worst sinner, if you believe the bible!

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Originally posted by dg806

I couldn't agree more.....And I try to be a good person, but I fail everyday! If someone looked to me as a model, I'm here to tell ya your looking at the wrong person! But that still doesn't take away my belief. I am no better than the worst sinner, if you believe the bible!
We all fall short....Sven er... Svetlana falls shorter than most:evil:

Seriously though, most non-christians seem to think we Christians are sitting up on an ivory tower, judging the sins of all; when in fact most the thumpers I know are ultra-grateful to have a savior because they sure were not getting in to heaven with the old law. We all sin, we all fall short, no one has a any room to to judge.

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by ummbikes

We all fall short....Sven er... Svetlana falls shorter than most:evil:

Seriously though, most non-christians seem to think we Christians are sitting up on an ivory tower, judging the sins of all; when in fact most the thumpers I know are ultra-grateful to have a savior because they sure were not getting in to heaven with the old law. We all sin, we all fall short, no one has a any room to to judge.
Yeah, what's up with that anyway. Where'd the idea that were supposed to be perfect come from anyway. I'll be the first to admit I am far from perfect, hence I only judge myself. Not that I don't give my opinion from time to time. :D I still struggle with my shortcomings, but I try to be the best I can be, even though I fail often. I just keep trying a little harder.