Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Harley guys. :rofl:
He didn't have the funds, his dad did. He didn't bring a helmet because he figured he could borrow one. Then he had zero idea what he was looking at and asked the most random questions. This is my hatred for Craigslist.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
He didn't have the funds, his dad did. He didn't bring a helmet because he figured he could borrow one. Then he had zero idea what he was looking at and asked the most random questions. This is my hatred for Craigslist.
Craigslist, where you can get a Futon & an HJ -D. Tosh :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Got to think your rear wheel bearings on the MTB might not appreciate it too much either for repetitive extended trips at highway speeds.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
:rofl:
by not being high
I was high when I ate it. I still have 5 slices left. I wrapped them up and froze them so I can have a treat mid winter after the snow flies.. Cup and char pepperoni was first served on Pizza in Buffalo NY at La Novas. They popularized BBQ wings also. I am not a fan. I went to #Boogenmans place in East Aurora for wings. Best I ever had...

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I rode one of the original 990 SuperDukes and really liked the design and ergos. When they built the 1290, there was just so much thought put into it, I love everything about it except for the price and cost of upkeep. :rofl:

KTM has really brought some amazing stuff to market the last 5 or so years, I just can't afford any of it.
SMR was my favorite, wish I still had it.
IMG_20171122_102246.jpg

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
There is nothing that happens here I hate more than putting an airplane on jacks. Seriously the scariest thing that happens at any facility I've ever been in. There is no small fuckup when an airplane is up like that.

Ouch! I'm in commercial landing gear now. What jets are you working on?

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Painful to see. We spend so much effort and headache making these bits for them, they cost hundreds of millions, and some bozo is going to fuck it up like it's a rental car from hertz.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Ouch! I'm in commercial landing gear now. What jets are you working on?
Regional jets of the Canadian and Brazilian variety these days.

Painful to see. We spend so much effort and headache making these bits for them, they cost hundreds of millions, and some bozo is going to fuck it up like it's a rental car from hertz.
You have no idea. :rofl:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
This is gold

The British Airways Engineers used a crude non standard nose gear pin of the own design which did not have a safety locking device. During retraction test following the replacement of a leaking hydraulic seal on the gear.....It just fell out.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=173889

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
This is gold

The British Airways Engineers used a crude non standard nose gear pin of the own design which did not have a safety locking device. During retraction test following the replacement of a leaking hydraulic seal on the gear.....It just fell out.

"The British Airways Engineers used a crude non standard nose gear pin of the own design which did not have a safety locking device."

Well, I found your problem......

We make links here. We do a lot of spindles and pin kits for these large aircraft, and there are various locking methods, but on these it's mostly spline washers, castle nut, and locking pins with added safety wire. The temp downlock pins are engineered to support that stress and looks like they just made a pin with no locking feature (these are typically ball lock). stupid, stupid move.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This is gold

"Apparently, there was one person slightly injured.....A bag ape (baggage handler) was rifling through the galley, eating a lamb chop, when the aircraft dropped he went upwards, banging his head on the galley structure. He reportedly needed a few stitches and I would expect a clean pair of Y-fronts..."
:rofl: