Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I had no idea 'Stralia had possums, but good God they sure look the part.
Yeah we have a couple, Brushtail is the biggest and the most assholish.
It likes to take one bite of every piece of fruit you grow then leaves it all on the ground so you can see that it is no good.
1677900803304.png

Ringtails are pretty cool-
1677900979167.png

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, if you look at HTH’s pictures, they do not look the same.

1FF7CD2F-01C9-40E3-9734-66A0C48857FC.jpeg

The marsupial part was a given. Those little rodents got around! I wish we had angry kangaroos for rednecks to fight in the south, now that I think about it.
It could be done…just think, hundreds of drunk, angry Roo’s marauding in Branson, MO.

When it comes to marsupials…

41551A52-C796-4516-9EE9-46665D5F4211.jpeg

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Well, if you look at HTH’s pictures, they do not look the same.

View attachment 190358

The marsupial part was a given. Those little rodents got around! I wish we had angry kangaroos for rednecks to fight in the south, now that I think about it.
It could be done…just think, hundreds of drunk, angry Roo’s marauding in Branson, MO.

When it comes to marsupials…

View attachment 190360
And more Cassowaries, they make great pets.
So glad we don't have them in my state.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Still saving my seashells for a proper tele lens.
You are shooting Pentax, or? Is the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary available for that mount?
Extremely good for the money, sadly slight AF "pulsing" issues on Canon R bodies. Still can get good pics, AF hit rate is just a little lower than with native glass.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
You are shooting Pentax, or? Is the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary available for that mount?
Extremely good for the money, sadly slight AF "pulsing" issues on Canon R bodies. Still can get good pics, AF hit rate is just a little lower than with native glass.
Yeah Pentax and the only decent long lens is a Pentax pro level thing.
I had a cheap Sigma, something to 450mm and it was a piece of poo, had crazy lens creep and needed to be stopped down a bunch at the long end to get a decent shot. The OIS was nice to have though, no Pentax lenses seem to have it, they even go to the effort of getting Tamron to take it out of a lens they make for Pentax.

It would be nice if Sigma or Tamron made a mid range super tele but that hasn't happened and won't as Pentax sales drop off, coz dinosaur.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Yeah Pentax and the only decent long lens is a Pentax pro level thing.
I had a cheap Sigma, something to 450mm and it was a piece of poo, had crazy lens creep and needed to be stopped down a bunch at the long end to get a decent shot. The OIS was nice to have though, no Pentax lenses seem to have it, they even go to the effort of getting Tamron to take it out of a lens they make for Pentax.

It would be nice if Sigma or Tamron made a mid range super tele but that hasn't happened and won't as Pentax sales drop off, coz dinosaur.
I would not want to shoot without IS in the lens anymore, especially with telephoto lenses. I hate tripods though. The IS from Sigma is not as great as in native Canon glass. Optically I find the Sigma lens really good, only needs stopping down one stop max.

It seems that Sigma made the previous version in a Pentax mount.
Maybe worth trying out if you find a used one cheap?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Who sues whom here?
car owner>auto shop
auto shop>concrete installer?
concrete installer> > auto shop for incorrect use?
yeesh
Not sure if polystyrene pods are used around the rest of the world but over here you have to ask to have your home garage made with a solid slab, or your trolley jack can pop through it.

There have also been some termite issues with the pods.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Once saw a industrial robot holding a diesel engine block rip out of the floor like that, it flopped around like a fish out of water for a few seconds before alarming out. It was another companies robot but I needed it operational before I could test my CNC machine so I got a hammer drill from a guy I knew who worked in the machine shop and bolted the fucker back to the floor. Thankfully there was a jib crane in the area I could use to lift the robot. I reprogrammed the robot and got a hundred engine blocks machined and out to the CMM lab before my scheduled flight.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Once saw a industrial robot holding a diesel engine block rip out of the floor like that, it flopped around like a fish out of water for a few seconds before alarming out. It was another companies robot but I needed it operational before I could test my CNC machine so I got a hammer drill from a guy I knew who worked in the machine shop and bolted the fucker back to the floor. Thankfully there was a jib crane in the area I could use to lift the robot. I reprogrammed the robot and got a hundred engine blocks machined and out to the CMM lab before my scheduled flight.
1677983950549.jpeg