Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There are ghost towns in the cascades not because they lost economic viability, there were too many floods and landslides that they just became cut off from the rest of the world. I've seen a handful of pretty big rock slides and the aftermath of a huge one that must have been only a few days old. The most dangerous thing out here is the ground.
Isn't there evidence of one of the largest river floods ever to occur due to a massive slide blocking the Columbia?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wifey's computer does that about 2-3x/m. At what point should she be getting a new one? Or what are our fix it options?
It depends on the cause. This is a customers server that doesn't like some drivers and we are trying to find some it does like.

There is a link in the message and an error code associated with the failure. It could be hardware on the way out that is flakey, or it could be a random conflict if it seems to happen whenever.

Catch the code(s) and see what Google thinks about it. That's what I do, or at least where I start.

FB_IMG_1677641608942.jpg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
How old is the computer?
2-3yrs max.

It depends on the cause. This is a customers server that doesn't like some drivers and we are trying to find some it does like.

There is a link in the message and an error code associated with the failure. It could be hardware on the way out that is flakey, or it could be a random conflict if it seems to happen whenever.

Catch the code(s) and see what Google thinks about it. That's what I do, or at least where I start.

View attachment 190419
Not server linked.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not server linked.
You see the barcode in that picture? That will take you to the Microsoft page for that particular error message that usually has tips on resolution. There is usually a code associated with it that is also displayed in case the barcode isn't working. There is usually a hyperlink which isn't all that helpful since the box is rebooting anyway, but if you can capture it, that's a start.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

View attachment 190419
99068128_10102167702913184_7876812799291162624_n.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That surely made for a big flood but like @Pesqueeb posted the Missoula floods were much much bigger. If you fly over Eastern Washington it is easy to see the impact of the Missoula floods and unlike most grand geological features most of them were created in a single day or so.

But ice age floods weren't uncommon around the world and were witnessed by humans. Flood mythology is common among many cultures and is likely linked to the deep past of humanity, including the Ark myth.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
2-3yrs max.

Not server linked.
Do what @jimmydean suggested, get the error code and google it. It might give a clue.

Next time it happens you can try opening Event Viewer and looking in the system log for warning and errors, before it blue screened. You'll see some kernel power ones, but those are normal after the computer is not gracefully powered off.

If it's an issue with the OS, Windows 10 has a nice reset feature in there somewhere, where you can tell it to reset itself - it essentially reinstalls itself, but leaves your files and whatnot in place.

If it's a hardware issue like memory or the storage, those are pretty cheap (compared to a new computer), but obviously needs to be troubleshooted to verify its actually the problem.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Uh... Did he miss the last 12'?
It's a fantastic indication of just how clueless and entitled people are when they come here, demanding services, completely lacking context of what's gone on the last few weeks, and not giving a flying fuck what people have to endure just to kiss his ass at a ski area for minimum wage.

We got another 2ft last night, with heavenly reporting 75in over the last several days.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Uh... Did he miss the last 12'?
I went back to see how that's going.......you'll love this: He was basing his snow total amounts on what was on the ground in Heavenly's HEATED plaza :rofl:

Fucker wasn't even skiing today just bitching about snow amounts on a surface that never accumulates :rofl:. No one in their right mind thinks it's only snowed 'inches' in the last 3 days.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I went back to see how that's going.......you'll love this: He was basing his snow total amounts on what was on the ground in Heavenly's HEATED plaza :rofl:

Fucker wasn't even skiing today just bitching about snow amounts on a surface that never accumulates :rofl:. No one in their right mind thinks it's only snowed 'inches' in the last 3 days.
Please link the Twitter. I need this thread in my life.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Wifey's computer does that about 2-3x/m. At what point should she be getting a new one? Or what are our fix it options?
Just Google the code you get and do the fix that is suggested.
Mine was doing it a couple of times a month or more and I did nothing and Microsoft finally sorted their shit out(a bit) and the issue went away.