Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I once blew up 3 Crafstman ratchets with a hydraulic power pack before convincing someone to lend me their Snap-On trying to bust loose the preload nut on a 40mm ballscrew. When you aren't given room you find your leverage by other means.
I just broke off a monster caliper bolt on a definitely totally not rusted caliper because tHeY dOnT sAlT rOaDs iN cAliFoRnIA bEcAuSe eNvIrOnMeNt, and literally hit the rotors off with a sledgehammer. So I appreciate better ideas than mine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just broke off a monster caliper bolt on a definitely totally not rusted caliper because tHeY dOnT sAlT rOaDs iN cAliFoRnIA bEcAuSe eNvIrOnMeNt, and literally hit the rotors off with a sledgehammer. So I appreciate better ideas than mine.
I broke loose 50 year old rusted swing arm bolts off of the Volvo by jacking the car up, wedging a wrench against the ground and lowering it back down. I wish I had video, honestly one of my proudest moments. I used a Bessey wood clamp to make sure the wrench didn't slip off of the bolt.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I broke loose 50 year old rusted suspension bolts off of the Volvo by jacking the car up, wedging a wrench against the ground and lowering it back down. I wish I had video, honestly one of my proudest moments.
I just heated things up and grabbed a longer piece of pipe.

I need to be better.

no context freebee
kidwoo said:
I just heated things up and grabbed a longer piece of pipe.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I broke loose 50 year old rusted swing arm bolts off of the Volvo by jacking the car up, wedging a wrench against the ground and lowering it back down. I wish I had video, honestly one of my proudest moments. I used a Bessey wood clamp to make sure the wrench didn't slip off of the bolt.
This is why we need a SMRT emoji.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Getting a sump with two sump plugs is a rare treat.
But it's a kick in the guts when some dickhole places an exhaust under both of them.
IMG_20230517_153712.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Boss was working on a ladder today so I said "Wonder how many lives I could lose if I use an angle grinder under the ladder?"
Nek minnit, careless me has a grinder doing an airborne 360 and came down on the welding jacket's sleeve, hahaha!
IMG_20230518_195049.jpg

Was only a 4" with a flapper wheel so it was never going to do much damage.