Quantcast

Ride next sunday?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I have the hall pass for next sunday. Whos riding where? I need to get out in a bad way. It will have to be a trail ride as my DH bike is down for service. I'd rather not do capital since i can do that any time. I havent been on a good trail ride in over a month... maybe more. So take pitty on the weak. Im game for a hike up a long road to get to goods, or whatever. So where's good??

Green Mtn
Galbraith
up 410
devils gulch

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Skookum said:
Pop it like it's haaaaard?

Sunday Green works for me fo rizzle....

:sneaky:
Me too....somebody keep me posted with the time. Oh and directions would be good too, I get lost easy when I don't know where I'm going. :think: :think: I seem to be lost allot........ :p The Jekyll is hungry for a new trail. :evil:

oly said:
I have the hall pass for next sunday. Whos riding where? I need to get out in a bad way. It will have to be a trail ride as my DH bike is down for service. I'd rather not do capital since i can do that any time. I havent been on a good trail ride in over a month... maybe more. So take pitty on the weak. Im game for a hike up a long road to get to goods, or whatever. So where's good??

Green Mtn
Galbraith
up 410
devils gulch
Well I don't have a trail bike, working on it but I want to hit up Ranger Creek if you guys are down, not sure what Green Mtn. consists of, how long the trek up is ect but I just hiked with my sister and dog today up Ranger, it's super flowy and I want to hit it up. If your down for that, drop a line.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I would be up for that. I got an xc bike to ride, but no car. So ring me if you want to hook me up with a spot on your rack.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Toshi said:
if it's sunny count me in as well. if not... :think:
If you're gonna do a rain ride this is probably the best. No clay in the soil, hard pack rocky dirt, plenty of berms, super good traction, plenty of puddles so you will get wet, but there's really only a few sections of mucky soft poo dirt.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Yeknomedir said:
How about we take the big bikes and shuttle Ranger creek ;)
OFF TOPIC.... :nuts:

Remeber when i said "It will have to be a trail ride as my DH bike is down for service."? That wasnt just a funny story, its the truth. Besides Snow level is low this week, and i'd rather not chance planning a ride that may be ruined by snow.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
I think GM wins the majority vote so far. Wanna do that meeting in tacoma thing? Performance lot, or somewhere else? Tage is coming off Vashon island, so if you can get out early maybe we could get you at the dock?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
I think GM wins the majority vote so far. Wanna do that meeting in tacoma thing? Performance lot, or somewhere else? Tage is coming off Vashon island, so if you can get out early maybe we could get you at the dock?
He could go Southworth and probably save time.... whatever's clever works for me.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Yea, SW might be, but its alot further from HWY 16. I could stop by Pt Defiance to get him without too much trouble.... but the north ferry would be a pain.

I call 1 spot in the white truck.....

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
I'll have the white truck so we can carpool with a few peeps.
How many peeps and where are you leaving from? If you can fit me in it would solve my not knowing where I am going.:D Are you going to ride JG this Thursday too? I am even though it looks like it will be a little wet.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
How many peeps and where are you leaving from? If you can fit me in it would solve my not knowing where I am going.:D Are you going to ride JG this Thursday too? I am even though it looks like it will be a little wet.
I'm not sure if Kevin is going....he might be hitting the DH trails....but 2 for sure, and Oly called one.

Yep on the JG ride on Thursday...a little clay never hurt anyone :devil:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm willing to drive as well, depending on how things pan out there could be quite a few riders. Or everyone can bag out at the last minute, then we could all pile in the truck hehe.
Andy you want in on this one? Pip and Scottie have ridden one half of it (Gold Creek), but Wildcat is just as worthy if not moresoe.... tell em to come along for more...
Toshi sounds like he wants to see what the weather does.....
Plus i'm gonna call the usual suspects on my end and see if anyone want's some Green, so could turn out to be a biggun....

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
I'm not sure if Kevin is going....he might be hitting the DH trails....but 2 for sure, and Oly called one.

Yep on the JG ride on Thursday...a little clay never hurt anyone :devil:
Ok I call 2! :D If that's ok......please, please........I look forward to JG Thursday also, you may want to bring a light if you have one as the clouds will cause it to be dark in there a little earlier.

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
evilbob said:
Ok I call 2! :D If that's ok......please, please........I look forward to JG Thursday also, you may want to bring a light if you have one as the clouds will cause it to be dark in there a little earlier.
I'm not going to be able to make it out to GM this weekend, but I might be interested in checking out JG if you're willing to show me around...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Happy said:
I'm not going to be able to make it out to GM this weekend, but I might be interested in checking out JG if you're willing to show me around...
Dude, come to JG! There are some cool trails out there.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Megan Black said:
can i come too??

where exactly is GM? what time are you guys hooking up? how many miles is the ride?

and what's JG??
Yup-Bremerton-Probly round 8 to 9ish-around 12 or so

Jg Japanese Gulch Jr. Bullit and Evilbob turf. :)

if you can do Tiger Preston/N.W. Timber you can do this ride no prob...

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Skookum said:

Jg Japanese Gulch Jr. Bullit and Evilbob turf. :)

if you can do Tiger Preston/N.W. Timber you can do this ride no prob...
thanks, skookum!

count me in, rain or shine :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
Skookum said:

QUOTE]

Doh! 8-9 at the trailhead??
Haha you still gonna be diggin out sleepy seeds around noon anyways why not make it a little early... haha.
btw have you ever tried smoking your sleepy seeds? :think:

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
PsychO!1 said:
I can't make it this weekend....I have a freind visiting from out of town. Damn....The world famous 'Megan Black' is gonna be there??? I might have to drag my buddy out there......Any chance you'll be sporting leather agian??? :sneaky:
hahahah, just caught this...

listen, i'm going on this ride to try to get away from all the paparazzi and crazed fans, please understand that it's so hard being a celeb...

..oh, alright fine, i'll do autographs from 10-1pm

:sneaky:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
BTW: Kevin's out for this ride...something about DH riding, so there is room for one more in the truck..Megan you live up north...want it.

Oh, and I really don't know the way out there either :evil:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Happy said:
Show up on Thursday as the ride firms up and no probs showing you around. It will be slick in a few places but good riding. Bring a light if it's cloudy and the start time is after 4 as it will get very dark very quick in there. MB if you want in that's great too. :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hey Meghan will you sign my bum? That'd be cool.... :D

So meet around the city around 8ish to get to Tacoma round 9ish to get to the trailhead at 10ish? There's an extra half hour or two in there somewhere, but that probably will get everybody in the right place at the right time....

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
BTW: Kevin's out for this ride...something about DH riding, so there is room for one more in the truck..Megan you live up north...want it.

Oh, and I really don't know the way out there either :evil:
So does this mean I get seat #2? Megan, where up North? I know you make it out to Bike Works once in awhile (Media reports :sneaky:) ).

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i just called and left a message with the recreation gal at DNR concerning the Gold Creek trail re-route. i should know more about that trail probably at the end of next summer. :drool: :D

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
evilbob said:
So does this mean I get seat #2? Megan, where up North? I know you make it out to Bike Works once in awhile (Media reports :sneaky:).
damn paparazzi....

i'm actually in north seattle right now. close to I-5, thing is i have to be back around 2pm and i don't want to cramp anyone's style if they wanna hang out afterwards

so you can have 2nd seat bob, and if anyone is close and doesn't mind heading out by 1:30, lemme know!

oh yeah, and sure skooks, i'll bring my permanent marker for ya!